BEING AMERICAN APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by peks03

the greatest thing that i love about being an American is that if you do not like it here then you have the FREEDOM to move out. truly, if you are someone who thinks there are better places in the world to live, by all means pack your s%#& and keep it moving.
indifferent.gif
Seriously! My brothers and sisters in North Korea do not have that option.
tired.gif

Peks03 what kind of cop out answer is that? How many people do you know who can actually read your post and do exactly what you said? I don't know many to tell you the truth.

the greatest thing that i love about being an American is that if you do not like it here then you have the FREEDOM to move out. truly, if you are someone who thinks there are better places in the world to live, by all means pack your s%#& and keep it moving.
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Peks03 what kind of cop out answer is that? How many people do you know who can actually read your post and do exactly what you said? I don't know many to tell you the truth.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

But getting on topic, I'm not a fan of this country at all. Bullies always get what they deserve and the worst part is they fund both friends and enemies

Sounds like you losing

But getting on topic, I'm not a fan of this country at all. Bullies always get what they deserve and the worst part is they fund both friends and enemies

Sounds like you losing

i believe that people that become American citizens or have travelled to other countries have a greater appreciation for what America really is, because we have something to compare it to. the people that think they are having a bad time here do not know the true suffering that happens in other less fortunate countries. some people here in the USA think they are suffering, but are still have to complain about it over the internet. now let's think about those that do not have the freedom to complain about their government or those that do not even have electricity going to where they live, much less know what a computer is.

i believe that people that become American citizens or have travelled to other countries have a greater appreciation for what America really is, because we have something to compare it to. the people that think they are having a bad time here do not know the true suffering that happens in other less fortunate countries. some people here in the USA think they are suffering, but are still have to complain about it over the internet. now let's think about those that do not have the freedom to complain about their government or those that do not even have electricity going to where they live, much less know what a computer is.

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

I live in the part of America where the American Dream is selling enough drugs until you get rich or you get killed or robbed. I live in the part of America where there is no Stussy, Supreme, Gucci or anything like that because most people can't afford it. The people in office definitely don't listen to us because they're trying to build a railroad station in order to create more jobs as opposed to putting up the numerous schools they closed down in the past year. It gets much worse than that, people are dying all over the place because of retaliation killings stemming from the various neighbourhood gangs thinking they run the city when their parents barely have enough money to keep them under the roof of some projects that they didn't want to be in to begin with. All while hard working people are losing jobs and famous people get things for free because of their status.
GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

You are sitting next to a goddamn laptop in your avatar.
indifferent.gif
  That was a nice little paragraph that you wrote, though.
eyes.gif

I am losing, I'm not going to lie. I got that laptop as a gift for graduating highschool and being the first in my generation of grandchildren to go to college. My uncle had savings bonds for me when I was born and I got to cash it it came out to $1000, just enough for a Toshiba and Microsoft Office. I'm not here to talk about my laptop though, this is about how some people see this country as a great place when not everyone has the same advantages. I'm not saying we all can't be successful, I just know for a fact that some people have a harder road to cross to get there. It gets to the extent that the road is so blocked and clouded that you can't find your way and you adapt to where you are. I would really like the hate to stop and lets really have a good conversation for once!

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

I live in the part of America where the American Dream is selling enough drugs until you get rich or you get killed or robbed. I live in the part of America where there is no Stussy, Supreme, Gucci or anything like that because most people can't afford it. The people in office definitely don't listen to us because they're trying to build a railroad station in order to create more jobs as opposed to putting up the numerous schools they closed down in the past year. It gets much worse than that, people are dying all over the place because of retaliation killings stemming from the various neighbourhood gangs thinking they run the city when their parents barely have enough money to keep them under the roof of some projects that they didn't want to be in to begin with. All while hard working people are losing jobs and famous people get things for free because of their status.
GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I am losing, I'm not going to lie. I got that laptop as a gift for graduating highschool and being the first in my generation of grandchildren to go to college. My uncle had savings bonds for me when I was born and I got to cash it it came out to $1000, just enough for a Toshiba and Microsoft Office. I'm not here to talk about my laptop though, this is about how some people see this country as a great place when not everyone has the same advantages. I'm not saying we all can't be successful, I just know for a fact that some people have a harder road to cross to get there. It gets to the extent that the road is so blocked and clouded that you can't find your way and you adapt to where you are. I would really like the hate to stop and lets really have a good conversation for once!

Loving America =/= Loving America's Government

I %!$!!*% hate our governement.  $!!+, I spent two years fighting in a war I didn't agree with and sure as hell didn't support.  You think I have any love or any good perceptions towards some %!$!!*% %##% in a %!$!!*% suit sitting all nice in safe in a %!$!!*% air conditioned office making %!$!!*% 6 %!$!!*% figures a year off of the %!$!!*% sweat, blood, and tears of the less fortunate.  **!+ all that $!!+, I'd slit all of those @!%!*+'s throats in a second if I actually thought it would change anything.  It won't though, one rotten apple gets thrown away only to replaced by another.  I %!$!!*% hate politicians.  %!$!!*% venomous snakes hidden behind false smiles and lies hidden behind promises.  They have no interests beyond their own, **!+ the people.  Yes I'm mad, but dammit I still love this country.  There's still a lot of good people and good places that make it so I really don't want to live anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.  Politicians around the world are corrupt, and infrastructures around the world vary between adequate and terrible.

Loving America =/= Loving America's Government

I %!$!!*% hate our governement.  $!!+, I spent two years fighting in a war I didn't agree with and sure as hell didn't support.  You think I have any love or any good perceptions towards some %!$!!*% %##% in a %!$!!*% suit sitting all nice in safe in a %!$!!*% air conditioned office making %!$!!*% 6 %!$!!*% figures a year off of the %!$!!*% sweat, blood, and tears of the less fortunate.  **!+ all that $!!+, I'd slit all of those @!%!*+'s throats in a second if I actually thought it would change anything.  It won't though, one rotten apple gets thrown away only to replaced by another.  I %!$!!*% hate politicians.  %!$!!*% venomous snakes hidden behind false smiles and lies hidden behind promises.  They have no interests beyond their own, **!+ the people.  Yes I'm mad, but dammit I still love this country.  There's still a lot of good people and good places that make it so I really don't want to live anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.  Politicians around the world are corrupt, and infrastructures around the world vary between adequate and terrible.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

Great post.

And if I may add to it...

Fellow citizens, above your national, tumultuous joy, I hear themournful wail of millions! Whose chains, heavy and grievous yesterday,are, today, rendered more intolerable by the jubilee shouts that reachthem. If I do forget, if I do not faithfully remember those bleedingchildren of sorry this day, "may my right hand cleave to the roof of mymouth"! To forget them, to pass lightly over their wrongs, and to chimein with the popular theme would be treason most scandalous andshocking, and would make me a reproach before God and the world. Mysubject, then, fellow citizens, is American slavery. I shall see thisday and its popular characteristics from the slave's point of view.Standing there identified with the American bondman, making his wrongsmine. I do not hesitate to declare with all my soul that the characterand conduct of this nation never looked blacker to me than on thisFourth of July! Whether we turn to the declarations of the past or tothe professions of the present, the conduct of the nation seems equallyhideous and revolting. America is false to the past, false to thepresent, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future. Standingwith God and the crushed and bleeding slave on this occasion, I will,in the name of humanity which is outraged, in the name of liberty whichis fettered, in the name of the Constitution and the Bible which aredisregarded and trampled upon, dare to call in question and todenounce, with all the emphasis I can command, everything that servesto perpetuate slavery-the great sin and shame of America! "I will notequivocate, I will not excuse"; I will use the severest language I cancommand; and yet not one word shall escape me that any man, whosejudgment is not blinded by prejudice, shall not confess to be right andjust....

....What, to the American slave, is your Fourth of July? I answer: a daythat reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the grossinjustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, yourcelebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; yournational greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are emptyand heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass-fronted impudence;your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers andhymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious paradeand solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety,and hypocrisy-a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace anation of savages. There is not a nation of savages. There is not anation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody thanare the people of the United States at this very hour.

Go where you may, search where you will, roam through all themonarchies and despotisms- of the Old World, travel through SouthAmerica, search out every abuse, and when youhave found the last, lay your facts by the side of the everydaypractices of this nation, and you will say with me that, for revoltingbarbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival.

These words resonate with a truth that is still very much palpable and applicable to today's modern America. Sure America is circumstantially better than other nations, but just as well, it's also bad in some, if not more, regards.

In my opinion, there's nothing worse than a nation that professes freedom and liberty, even though in reality, the very opposite is the status quo for the great majority of inhabitants.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

Great post.

And if I may add to it...

Fellow citizens, above your national, tumultuous joy, I hear themournful wail of millions! Whose chains, heavy and grievous yesterday,are, today, rendered more intolerable by the jubilee shouts that reachthem. If I do forget, if I do not faithfully remember those bleedingchildren of sorry this day, "may my right hand cleave to the roof of mymouth"! To forget them, to pass lightly over their wrongs, and to chimein with the popular theme would be treason most scandalous andshocking, and would make me a reproach before God and the world. Mysubject, then, fellow citizens, is American slavery. I shall see thisday and its popular characteristics from the slave's point of view.Standing there identified with the American bondman, making his wrongsmine. I do not hesitate to declare with all my soul that the characterand conduct of this nation never looked blacker to me than on thisFourth of July! Whether we turn to the declarations of the past or tothe professions of the present, the conduct of the nation seems equallyhideous and revolting. America is false to the past, false to thepresent, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future. Standingwith God and the crushed and bleeding slave on this occasion, I will,in the name of humanity which is outraged, in the name of liberty whichis fettered, in the name of the Constitution and the Bible which aredisregarded and trampled upon, dare to call in question and todenounce, with all the emphasis I can command, everything that servesto perpetuate slavery-the great sin and shame of America! "I will notequivocate, I will not excuse"; I will use the severest language I cancommand; and yet not one word shall escape me that any man, whosejudgment is not blinded by prejudice, shall not confess to be right andjust....

....What, to the American slave, is your Fourth of July? I answer: a daythat reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the grossinjustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, yourcelebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; yournational greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are emptyand heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass-fronted impudence;your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers andhymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious paradeand solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety,and hypocrisy-a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace anation of savages. There is not a nation of savages. There is not anation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody thanare the people of the United States at this very hour.

Go where you may, search where you will, roam through all themonarchies and despotisms- of the Old World, travel through SouthAmerica, search out every abuse, and when youhave found the last, lay your facts by the side of the everydaypractices of this nation, and you will say with me that, for revoltingbarbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival.

These words resonate with a truth that is still very much palpable and applicable to today's modern America. Sure America is circumstantially better than other nations, but just as well, it's also bad in some, if not more, regards.

In my opinion, there's nothing worse than a nation that professes freedom and liberty, even though in reality, the very opposite is the status quo for the great majority of inhabitants.

lol @ people saying america is great b/c you can be an accepted fat $%!

having watched "America: The story of us" all day yesterday on history, id say america is like a dominant, overally aggressive coorperation, yes everything we set out to do was accomplished but how many people did we step on to get there? lots and lots

GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

And is that a Polo shirt? How much did that cost?
dude actually made some critical observations on his environment and you say that in response?
tired.gif

GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

And is that a Polo shirt? How much did that cost?
dude actually made some critical observations on his environment and you say that in response?
tired.gif

lol @ people saying america is great b/c you can be an accepted fat $%!

having watched "America: The story of us" all day yesterday on history, id say america is like a dominant, overally aggressive coorperation, yes everything we set out to do was accomplished but how many people did we step on to get there? lots and lots

lol @ people saying america is great b/c you can be an accepted fat !$@

lol @ people saying america is great b/c you can be an accepted fat !$@

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

GTHOOHWTBS
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Blue - I agree with you to an extent on this, yes the road to success in certain fields is very difficult for some(mostly minorities and the poor) but the door isn't completely closed everywhere.

Yellow - This is NT hate is always going to be thrown into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom