BEING AMERICAN APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I'm not comparing this to another place I'm just saying I don't appreciate a place where I don't feel welcome and where things aren't equal for everyone. I'm sure if I were in Mexico living in the bad conditions there I would still be saying I don't like Mexico because the harsh living standards we have while others have it easy. You're wrapped up in your argument too much to see what I'm saying IMO.
Let me ask you this question, and answer it truthfully. Where exactly would you be happy? I mean specifically, name a country in which you think you would be happy in. There are rich people and poor people in every country on earth. The poor aren't happy anywhere.

The reason that you should appreciate living here is that you have the opportunity to not be poor. You have the choice to go to college. My roommate last year was dirt poor. He slept on the floor in a one bedroom house his entire life until college. But he was able to go to a good college for FREE because he worked hard in school. There aren't very many places where that's a possibility.

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER THE COURSE OF NINETEEN YEARS WHICH I USED FOR A LAPTOP FOR COLLEGE! Do not leave out facts in your arguments it leaves holes in what you're saying. And the average household had about four people in it, $1000 is a months groceries and even that seems low. Do some research.

Alright, boy, listen up. And I'm calling you "boy" because that's how you're acting. First of all, you are in college. Just for that you should be thankful, like I said up there ^^^ . Second of all, I've lived in my own for four years, and I know EXACTLY how much groceries cost. I used to live on $80 in groceries every two weeks, split between my roommate and I. And I was not starving.

I'm not comparing this to another place I'm just saying I don't appreciate a place where I don't feel welcome and where things aren't equal for everyone. I'm sure if I were in Mexico living in the bad conditions there I would still be saying I don't like Mexico because the harsh living standards we have while others have it easy. You're wrapped up in your argument too much to see what I'm saying IMO.
Let me ask you this question, and answer it truthfully. Where exactly would you be happy? I mean specifically, name a country in which you think you would be happy in. There are rich people and poor people in every country on earth. The poor aren't happy anywhere.

The reason that you should appreciate living here is that you have the opportunity to not be poor. You have the choice to go to college. My roommate last year was dirt poor. He slept on the floor in a one bedroom house his entire life until college. But he was able to go to a good college for FREE because he worked hard in school. There aren't very many places where that's a possibility.

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER THE COURSE OF NINETEEN YEARS WHICH I USED FOR A LAPTOP FOR COLLEGE! Do not leave out facts in your arguments it leaves holes in what you're saying. And the average household had about four people in it, $1000 is a months groceries and even that seems low. Do some research.

Alright, boy, listen up. And I'm calling you "boy" because that's how you're acting. First of all, you are in college. Just for that you should be thankful, like I said up there ^^^ . Second of all, I've lived in my own for four years, and I know EXACTLY how much groceries cost. I used to live on $80 in groceries every two weeks, split between my roommate and I. And I was not starving.

I would be happy in a place that learns from its history and instead of taking the same approach to benefit the same people, can make strides in creating equality for all. Honestly, could you get all of the wealth America has to offer not help everyone? I would try my hardest but with the America we live in a black man from the hood has to work 10X harder to see success than other groups of people living here, and even then still has to face adversity from co-workers of different origins. This goes way beyond material things it's the greed and animosity plaguing this country and it needs to stop.

A family of four has more people than you and your roommate and even more than you alone.

I would be happy in a place that learns from its history and instead of taking the same approach to benefit the same people, can make strides in creating equality for all. Honestly, could you get all of the wealth America has to offer not help everyone? I would try my hardest but with the America we live in a black man from the hood has to work 10X harder to see success than other groups of people living here, and even then still has to face adversity from co-workers of different origins. This goes way beyond material things it's the greed and animosity plaguing this country and it needs to stop.

A family of four has more people than you and your roommate and even more than you alone.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Material things do not make for a good lifestyle.
I agree, but the ability to attain material things does make for a better lifestyle than most people on this earth have. He said his uncle saved a $1000 for that laptop. A THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not about the laptop, it's about the $1000. You can feed a child like, forever with that money. Every single person in America has the opportunity to make it, and that's not the case in most other places.
LOL you sound so much like my dad. You think that's ridiculous, there's enough food thrown away in this country in a day to feed all those hungry people across the world. But it get's thrown away for corporate legal purposes(liability for someone else getting sick etc. cause it's past a day old even though it's still good to eat). There are plenty of farmers that are paid government subsidies not to grow food yet people starve in and outside of this country. The economics of the country has the world under arrest my man. Even people that go out of there way to be independent donors see quickly that you are fighting a losing battle. Coming from the son of a man who went back to his home country to financially help others out and was greeted with much adversity for that very reason. And when you say make it in America, what exactly does that entail?(serious question) 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Material things do not make for a good lifestyle.
I agree, but the ability to attain material things does make for a better lifestyle than most people on this earth have. He said his uncle saved a $1000 for that laptop. A THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not about the laptop, it's about the $1000. You can feed a child like, forever with that money. Every single person in America has the opportunity to make it, and that's not the case in most other places.
LOL you sound so much like my dad. You think that's ridiculous, there's enough food thrown away in this country in a day to feed all those hungry people across the world. But it get's thrown away for corporate legal purposes(liability for someone else getting sick etc. cause it's past a day old even though it's still good to eat). There are plenty of farmers that are paid government subsidies not to grow food yet people starve in and outside of this country. The economics of the country has the world under arrest my man. Even people that go out of there way to be independent donors see quickly that you are fighting a losing battle. Coming from the son of a man who went back to his home country to financially help others out and was greeted with much adversity for that very reason. And when you say make it in America, what exactly does that entail?(serious question) 

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

But getting on topic, I'm not a fan of this country at all. Bullies always get what they deserve and the worst part is they fund both friends and enemies.

do you live in The USA?

I live in the part of America where the American Dream is selling enough drugs until you get rich or you get killed or robbed. I live in the part of America where there is no Stussy, Supreme, Gucci or anything like that because most people can't afford it. The people in office definitely don't listen to us because they're trying to build a railroad station in order to create more jobs as opposed to putting up the numerous schools they closed down in the past year. It gets much worse than that, people are dying all over the place because of retaliation killings stemming from the various neighbourhood gangs thinking they run the city when their parents barely have enough money to keep them under the roof of some projects that they didn't want to be in to begin with. All while hard working people are losing jobs and famous people get things for free because of their status.
I agree politicians are corrupt but that is true in every country in the world. And he American Dream isnt selling drugs and murders. That is an unfortunate product of generations of poverty mixed with a lack of education and some ignorance. Their are poor people all over the world and the USA who don't resort to murdering people and poisoning their communities. Instead of blaming the country, people need to look within their own communities to solve unnecessary problems.

But getting on topic, I'm not a fan of this country at all. Bullies always get what they deserve and the worst part is they fund both friends and enemies.

do you live in The USA?

I live in the part of America where the American Dream is selling enough drugs until you get rich or you get killed or robbed. I live in the part of America where there is no Stussy, Supreme, Gucci or anything like that because most people can't afford it. The people in office definitely don't listen to us because they're trying to build a railroad station in order to create more jobs as opposed to putting up the numerous schools they closed down in the past year. It gets much worse than that, people are dying all over the place because of retaliation killings stemming from the various neighbourhood gangs thinking they run the city when their parents barely have enough money to keep them under the roof of some projects that they didn't want to be in to begin with. All while hard working people are losing jobs and famous people get things for free because of their status.
I agree politicians are corrupt but that is true in every country in the world. And he American Dream isnt selling drugs and murders. That is an unfortunate product of generations of poverty mixed with a lack of education and some ignorance. Their are poor people all over the world and the USA who don't resort to murdering people and poisoning their communities. Instead of blaming the country, people need to look within their own communities to solve unnecessary problems.

I asked you a simple question that you failed to answer. What SPECIFIC country would you be happy to live in? It's not America that's @%%@%@ up, it's the world that's @%%@%@ up. You're just saying that you'd be happy living in Utopia. Who wouldn't?

I asked you a simple question that you failed to answer. What SPECIFIC country would you be happy to live in? It's not America that's @%%@%@ up, it's the world that's @%%@%@ up. You're just saying that you'd be happy living in Utopia. Who wouldn't?

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

do you live in The USA?

It is according to Jay-Z and The writers of American Gangster. Who do people in the black community look up to and why? The black men who made it and Jay and Denzel seem to be doing fine to me. Meanwhile schools are being shut down and iPods are getting cheaper and do more. I agree that we need to look at our communities and try to fix things but I've been to a few meetings (governors debates and councilmen holding meetings for their wards) and there were little to no people from my area there and there was no mentions of it around the way. I had to find out by some of the organizations I'm associated with. I'm going to try and help out though. I guess its on me to spread the word.

do you live in The USA?

It is according to Jay-Z and The writers of American Gangster. Who do people in the black community look up to and why? The black men who made it and Jay and Denzel seem to be doing fine to me. Meanwhile schools are being shut down and iPods are getting cheaper and do more. I agree that we need to look at our communities and try to fix things but I've been to a few meetings (governors debates and councilmen holding meetings for their wards) and there were little to no people from my area there and there was no mentions of it around the way. I had to find out by some of the organizations I'm associated with. I'm going to try and help out though. I guess its on me to spread the word.

And when you say make it in America, what exactly does that entail?(serious question) 
When I say "make it," I mean to be happy. Every single American can build a life that they want if they work hard enough at it. Like I said, I know some people from absolutely terrible situations that have overcome crazy obstacles in their pursuit of happiness. And they don't *+%@% and moan about how hard it was, they are thankful that they had the opportunity to create a life of their choice.

And when you say make it in America, what exactly does that entail?(serious question) 
When I say "make it," I mean to be happy. Every single American can build a life that they want if they work hard enough at it. Like I said, I know some people from absolutely terrible situations that have overcome crazy obstacles in their pursuit of happiness. And they don't *+%@% and moan about how hard it was, they are thankful that they had the opportunity to create a life of their choice.

That's capitilism. The more you work the more you will get, and hopefully accomplish your dreams along the way

That's capitilism. The more you work the more you will get, and hopefully accomplish your dreams along the way

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

The only thing unappreciated though on this holiday, is we can't light up the good *%$!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I swear CA has the p *%$! est Fireworks in the union
indifferent.gif
Really? My city was like a warzone with all the fireworks.

he just lives in a wack neighborhood
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

The only thing unappreciated though on this holiday, is we can't light up the good *%$!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I swear CA has the p *%$! est Fireworks in the union
indifferent.gif
Really? My city was like a warzone with all the fireworks.

he just lives in a wack neighborhood
laugh.gif

an dee 51o wrote:

Was it necessary to call that man a boy?  I've been off NT for a while, but today I've seen you in two post, and your displaying a real hubris attitude my guy.  Maybe you're just in a real preachy mood, but I'll just say I hope that you've dealt with your own personal demons.  It's easy to talk about how certain people make you sick, or attempt to emasculate a man because he's coming from a different point of view, but I hope you look in the mirror with that same type of criticism.  And we've rapped on a personal level so you  know where I'm coming from.

But aside from that, America is a pretty good place to live, but it comes at a price, and unfortunately a part of that price is the exploitation of many humans, home and abroad.

Peace

an dee 51o wrote:

Was it necessary to call that man a boy?  I've been off NT for a while, but today I've seen you in two post, and your displaying a real hubris attitude my guy.  Maybe you're just in a real preachy mood, but I'll just say I hope that you've dealt with your own personal demons.  It's easy to talk about how certain people make you sick, or attempt to emasculate a man because he's coming from a different point of view, but I hope you look in the mirror with that same type of criticism.  And we've rapped on a personal level so you  know where I'm coming from.

But aside from that, America is a pretty good place to live, but it comes at a price, and unfortunately a part of that price is the exploitation of many humans, home and abroad.

Peace

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This country has its issues but I love it so much...although I'm pretty sure I wanna move out after school. I need everyone to honestly say what they appreciate about this country.

I appreciate not being threatened with violence for some of my beliefs
I appreciate being a fat *** and having way too much to eat
I appreciate the diversity of women, beliefs, blackness, ignorance, liqours, colours and climates
u just passed your citizenship test?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This country has its issues but I love it so much...although I'm pretty sure I wanna move out after school. I need everyone to honestly say what they appreciate about this country.

I appreciate not being threatened with violence for some of my beliefs
I appreciate being a fat *** and having way too much to eat
I appreciate the diversity of women, beliefs, blackness, ignorance, liqours, colours and climates
u just passed your citizenship test?

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

an dee 51o wrote:

Peace

I am my own worst critic. One of my biggest problems is my own self consciousness, and warped sense of self.

And the reason that I called him "boy" has nothing to do with his differing opinion. It was because he told me to "do some research" about how much groceries cost, like I've never lived by myself and don't know these things. I'm normally not like this at all, but I am in a crap mood and I was plain tired of people bagging on my country and saying how they're so damn unhappy living here.

I do value your opinions more than most NTers because, like you said, we've talked personally. And I do realize that I was being condescending and I should tone it down. As for my personal demons, I'm working on them. It's a long road, as I'm sure you know. I am getting help though.

One.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

an dee 51o wrote:

Peace

I am my own worst critic. One of my biggest problems is my own self consciousness, and warped sense of self.

And the reason that I called him "boy" has nothing to do with his differing opinion. It was because he told me to "do some research" about how much groceries cost, like I've never lived by myself and don't know these things. I'm normally not like this at all, but I am in a crap mood and I was plain tired of people bagging on my country and saying how they're so damn unhappy living here.

I do value your opinions more than most NTers because, like you said, we've talked personally. And I do realize that I was being condescending and I should tone it down. As for my personal demons, I'm working on them. It's a long road, as I'm sure you know. I am getting help though.

One.

do you live in The USA?

Malcolm X, MLK Jr. etc.. are role models. The fact that people look up to rappers is a tragedy in itself. They may seem to be doing fine but they are doing no good. They might donate an amount of money here and there but that is all publicity. Look at how Oprah has made profit off the school in S.Africa. They don't benefit the community because they are no longer part of it.
People like you who go to meetings and volunteer their time for their community and the American community as a whole are the American dream. So keep doing what your doing and don't look at how America has wronged you and your people. Because you have a responsibility to the community to better it as well as yourself.

Back
Top Bottom