Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Great post. I must say, watching this to start my day off at work will definitely make a tremendous difference in my performance. I know it. I believe the same concepts, but sometimes I find myself slipping back into "reality" and I need a wakeup call.

And what's funny is that his concepts are really simple. It's not rocket science or anything close. It's really something that we, as humans, are supposed to have natrually, but each time you let something think for you, (ex. a mechanic fixing your car instead of youtrying to do it yourself) you take one step back from independence and being capeable of doing anything. And that isnt to say that everybody should be 100% independent, but I think people should rely on themselves a little more than we currently do. An indipendent train of thought is what lies beneath Will Smiths success and this whole entire concept when you break it down to it's simplest form. You cant conform to society if you want to stand out and do anything extraordinary.

I'm always comming with crazy thoughts and ideas that make a lot of people think I'm "crazy" or not normal, and I'm completely fine with it. I'm sure a lot of NT probably think I'm half crazy because some of the stuff that I seriously believe, and if I laid it all out, yall would be truely convenced that I'm insane.
laugh.gif

Independent thought IS freedom. Freedom is the ability to do whatever you want.
AtL shut up

you be the main one coming down on me at the stuff i be saying

i Might have the most unrealistic views on this site .
laugh.gif

Even my moms be worried bout me LOl

but im doing just fine bout to really reach my goals

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by skillzboy44

saw half of the video, and no hate or anything but c'mon fellas... I have heard this stuff hundreds of times in books, I don't see how this is any different
regardless will smith is still a dope actor and nonetheless wise, which all of guys can be if you just READ BOOKS

Well yeah, but its just that we can relate to Will Smith more than some self-help writer. We've actually seen him grow up and become successful over theyears so it hits home more.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Great post. I must say, watching this to start my day off at work will definitely make a tremendous difference in my performance. I know it. I believe the same concepts, but sometimes I find myself slipping back into "reality" and I need a wakeup call.

And what's funny is that his concepts are really simple. It's not rocket science or anything close. It's really something that we, as humans, are supposed to have natrually, but each time you let something think for you, (ex. a mechanic fixing your car instead of youtrying to do it yourself) you take one step back from independence and being capeable of doing anything. And that isnt to say that everybody should be 100% independent, but I think people should rely on themselves a little more than we currently do. An indipendent train of thought is what lies beneath Will Smiths success and this whole entire concept when you break it down to it's simplest form. You cant conform to society if you want to stand out and do anything extraordinary.

I'm always comming with crazy thoughts and ideas that make a lot of people think I'm "crazy" or not normal, and I'm completely fine with it. I'm sure a lot of NT probably think I'm half crazy because some of the stuff that I seriously believe, and if I laid it all out, yall would be truely convenced that I'm insane.
laugh.gif

Independent thought IS freedom. Freedom is the ability to do whatever you want.
AtL shut up

you be the main one coming down on me at the stuff i be saying

i Might have the most unrealistic views on this site .
laugh.gif

Even my moms be worried bout me LOl

but im doing just fine bout to really reach my goals

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Dont matter what I say, it's your world homey.

Everybody else doesnt have to agree for it to be right.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Nah its that dude is well studied in certain alternative ideologies but makes millions off of giving people the sugarcoated easy to digest feel good speeches and flicks
Whats wrong with him being educated and having a job in the entertainment industry that happens to make him millions? He cant be smart andtalented in more than 1 area?

Like I said its still good advice but hes not keeping it 100%.
What would you like him to say?

If it was that simple what would happen when 2 or more people, all parties determined to the death, had conflicting desires?

This question confuses me, 2 people with conflicting desires will go whatever route they have to in order to accomplish their goal. I dont understand what elseyou expect out of that situation.
Theres a method to power and understanding, its crystal clear that Will has studied it and embodied it in his life but he's a 10%er he'll tell you what you want to hear so that your powerbase and vibration never threatens his.

Powerbase and vibration never threatens his? He makes hundreds of millions off of being a leading man in Hollywood..if you want to threaten hisposition in the world wouldnt the key to that be becoming a successful actor? I dont think its that serious..

I can feel where cats like him are coming from though, its better to give people things in these weak dosages, make them feel good, while enjoying your riches and deeper knowledge, rather than to be ridiculed and ostracized for laying out the full truths.
Again. What do you want from him? What full truth are you seeking from Will Smith?

He is speaking completely on the Law of Attraction and the teachings of Bob Procter, Esther Hicks, etc. This is a concept that I learned about a couple yearsago and I use it every single day and I swear, its life changing stuff.

I have already experienced several "Unrealistic" things happen to me via the Law of Attraction. PM me if you would like to learn more about what WillSmith is talking about in these vids.

Its honestly life changing stuff. You can do and Be whoever and whatever you want to be.

Originally Posted by copped

what is wrong with mediocrity?

why do we have this urge to be millionaires and billionaires, and famous and all this crap?

"when people are sleeping, i am up working"

for what? for a few extra bucks? for a bigger house? for a expensive cars? to attract better looking women or more than 1?

if everyone in this world were content with being mediocre we wouldn't have mass starvation and poverty....this is the same attitude that encourages mass competition which has created this atmosphere of 'dog eat dog world' within every sphere of society leading to diseases, illnesses, depression.. etc.

to me this isn't inspiring, kind of sad to be honest...sure do what you like at the best of your ability, but working beyond your capabilities (being unrealistic) is just stupid.

be happy with what you have, and who you are, and you won't need to be unrealistic to enjoy life.
I respect your opinion.

But from my point of view, we as a people have unlimited potential. We can do and be whoever we want to be, literally. Why sabotage that by acceptingMediocrity?

Mediocrity is beneath every single person on this board, and earth. Now if you want to settle with being mediocre(sp?), then that's fine nothing wrong withthat. But from my perspective, we have unbounded potential to do any and everything that we want and choose to, so why settle with being mediocre(sp?).

Son is the definition of a 10%er/

Oprah Winfrey/Creflo Dollar type cat.

Same thing i was thinking.

Jesse Jackson type @*++.

He's basically preaching Metaphysics.

Aint mad at him at all, i just don't see why yall so astounded, this knowledge has been there.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

If it was that simple what would happen when 2 or more people, all parties determined to the death, had conflicting desires?

This question confuses me, 2 people with conflicting desires will go whatever route they have to in order to accomplish their goal. I dont understand what else you expect out of that situation.

Obviously one guy dies and the other lives to obtain his goals. So for the dead guy, did he get he end up getting what he wanted by justenvisioning a goal and being willing to die for it? Was it just a simple process for him? Nah, cause he's dead. That kind of ideology is the cause ofevery war that's ever been fought.

Even if we're not talking wars, the principle still applies, especially in arenas like the business or entertainment world, there has to be an opposite. For every winner, there's a loser. Not to sound negative like you shouldn't try at all, I think for every person they have to take right action toachieve their goals whatever they are, but there's definitely more to life than just being willing to die for a cause.

Either way, definitely some good info in there, I especially like the one brick at a time metaphor. That's the basic concept of living in the moment. Your life's purpose at any particular moment isn't building the wall, it's putting down that one perfect brick. I try to live my life along thoselines.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Jesse Jackson type @*++.

Aint mad at him at all, i just don't see why yall so astounded, this knowledge has been there.
That's a silly statement. Knowledge "has [always] been there." Once its discovered it SHOULD BE an eye-opening experience. Justbecause you've discovered before others doesn't mean you should act some type of way when others discover it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Jesse Jackson type @*++.

That's a silly statement. Knowledge "has [always] been there." Once its discovered it SHOULD BE an eye-opening experience. Just because you've discovered before others doesn't mean you should act some type of way when others discover it.
laugh.gif

I aint necessarily mean it like that, i just don't like the fact that it took Will Smith talking about it, for some dudes to see this. Dudes should havealready been on a quest for knowledge of self & the power of their own minds by questioning their everyday existence. I'm just speaking to the fact.that if some of them didn't see the video, they would have still continued to be sheep in society, some still will.

That's not to say im not glad that the message is getting across, thats still beautiful.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Jesse Jackson type @*++.

That's a silly statement. Knowledge "has [always] been there." Once its discovered it SHOULD BE an eye-opening experience. Just because you've discovered before others doesn't mean you should act some type of way when others discover it.
laugh.gif

I aint necessarily mean it like that, i just don't like the fact that it took Will Smith talking about it, for some dudes to see this. Dudes should have already been on a quest for knowledge of self & the power of their own minds by questioning their everyday existence. I'm just speaking to the fact. that if some of them didn't see the video, they would have still continued to be sheep in society, some still will.

That's not to say im not glad that the message is getting across, thats still beautiful.
True, but a journey always begins with the first step. I'm sure you were at the same point as a lot of the people in this thread before. When it comes to a "quest for knowledge of self & the power," why does it matter who the messenger is or what the catalyst is?

Originally Posted by iBlink

So what's the truth Mayor?
what truth? son, just do something positive everyday , live up to your potential and be a positive product of your environment.. Do you like whatyour environment has made of you?" Or even better, "Do you like what you have allowed your environment to make of you?" You basically have twooptions, change how and when you allow your environment to influence you or change your environment.

Man some of yall are some depressive, low self esteem, misanthropic , self-hating, doubting, fools and I feel sorry for you because you will never get anywherelike that.

tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom