Best and Worst Quality retro in recent years n why?

Originally Posted by LUMINESCENT

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

The MS VI's is the best quality retro in a long time IMO.
This. 
That leather and paint quality were both absolutely superb.

THIS! MS VI are by FAR the best quality product JB has released in a LONG time.

Originally Posted by LUMINESCENT

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

The MS VI's is the best quality retro in a long time IMO.
This. 
That leather and paint quality were both absolutely superb.

THIS! MS VI are by FAR the best quality product JB has released in a LONG time.

I gotta say the Black 2005 X's are a disappointment. After only a few wears the squeaking started. Ruined the shoe for me... but it does let you know who is rockin fakes lol

I gotta say the Black 2005 X's are a disappointment. After only a few wears the squeaking started. Ruined the shoe for me... but it does let you know who is rockin fakes lol

The Retro Jordan XIII - Playoffs is absolutely, hands down the best retro that Jordan brand has ever produced.

Quality to me also includes the resemblance to the original (OG) colorway and details.

So far, the only real change is the gray part on the bottom of the sole, which is now red.

The shape is also almost a carbon copy of the original. After the banana shape of the XI and XII, I was afraid that all of Jordan Brand's molds had that weird arc on the sole.

Even the other XIII Retros; Flints, Bulls, Altitudes, they all look almost true to the original, minus a few details and one deal breaker, the 3M on the Flints.

Hopefully Jordan Brand continues the good work because, not including the BIN's, mostly all of their products have been garbage.

The Retro Jordan XIII - Playoffs is absolutely, hands down the best retro that Jordan brand has ever produced.

Quality to me also includes the resemblance to the original (OG) colorway and details.

So far, the only real change is the gray part on the bottom of the sole, which is now red.

The shape is also almost a carbon copy of the original. After the banana shape of the XI and XII, I was afraid that all of Jordan Brand's molds had that weird arc on the sole.

Even the other XIII Retros; Flints, Bulls, Altitudes, they all look almost true to the original, minus a few details and one deal breaker, the 3M on the Flints.

Hopefully Jordan Brand continues the good work because, not including the BIN's, mostly all of their products have been garbage.

the OG Altitudes imo were poor quality, worn maybe 20 times, and they look terrible

the OG Altitudes imo were poor quality, worn maybe 20 times, and they look terrible

I hear what people are saying but.... no one is walking up to people on the streets like "yo you're space jams look like bananas son, theyre the curious george edition, huh?"

I hear what people are saying but.... no one is walking up to people on the streets like "yo you're space jams look like bananas son, theyre the curious george edition, huh?"

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

It's not really that.
It's just that they're somehow worth more than any of the few recent "quality" retros, even though they were an absolutely slipshod production. Banana shape or not, I don't even look at them as Space Jams anymore when I see someone wearing them. Just another shoddy retro that to me isn't worth any amount of money whatsoever.

And yeah, you can say that the people who bought them are either fools themselves for wasting an obscene amount of money on a low-quality product. But what it really comes down to is JB manipulating and exploiting the past popularity and 'reputation' of the shoe in order to take substantially more money from its consumer base than it should. And that, in my opinion, is really what kills the shoe itself. They're no longer the 'Space Jams' for me after this release, and I certainly won't buy them in the future, even if JB steps up its quality, which is unlikely impossible in itself.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

It's not really that.
It's just that they're somehow worth more than any of the few recent "quality" retros, even though they were an absolutely slipshod production. Banana shape or not, I don't even look at them as Space Jams anymore when I see someone wearing them. Just another shoddy retro that to me isn't worth any amount of money whatsoever.

And yeah, you can say that the people who bought them are either fools themselves for wasting an obscene amount of money on a low-quality product. But what it really comes down to is JB manipulating and exploiting the past popularity and 'reputation' of the shoe in order to take substantially more money from its consumer base than it should. And that, in my opinion, is really what kills the shoe itself. They're no longer the 'Space Jams' for me after this release, and I certainly won't buy them in the future, even if JB steps up its quality, which is unlikely impossible in itself.

i would have to agree with motorsport VIs as the best quality among recent releases...that special smell stays for a long time
smile.gif

im lovin it..

i would have to agree with motorsport VIs as the best quality among recent releases...that special smell stays for a long time
smile.gif

im lovin it..

best quality retro- ms 6 ( anni ix has the same leather and xx3 sock liner so they are a close second )

worst quality retro- cdp xi and 09 space jam xi ( both of them could be hazardous to play ball in, very cheap materials )

jb quality seems to be getting better on 2010 retros and the bin 23 retros are second to none when it comes to quality and craftmanship.

best quality retro- ms 6 ( anni ix has the same leather and xx3 sock liner so they are a close second )

worst quality retro- cdp xi and 09 space jam xi ( both of them could be hazardous to play ball in, very cheap materials )

jb quality seems to be getting better on 2010 retros and the bin 23 retros are second to none when it comes to quality and craftmanship.

Let me just throw a couple out that have yet to be mentionedThe metallic 1s are actually of very high quality. I have all 3 pairs, of the 3 I've worn the red ones 20+ times and the other 2 maybe 0-1 times each, but you can't tell the difference by looking at them.The fire red 3s, dtrt3s, cool grey 3s and flip3s I really really liked initially, until the paint chipping set inI've always found the 14s to be on point with the OGs as well

Let me just throw a couple out that have yet to be mentionedThe metallic 1s are actually of very high quality. I have all 3 pairs, of the 3 I've worn the red ones 20+ times and the other 2 maybe 0-1 times each, but you can't tell the difference by looking at them.The fire red 3s, dtrt3s, cool grey 3s and flip3s I really really liked initially, until the paint chipping set inI've always found the 14s to be on point with the OGs as well

I'd have to say the entire CDP line up was absolutely terrible. All had horrible leather, all uncomfortable, and bad quality in general. The 3's especially. I kept telling myself, let them break in a little more. Yeah right.

CDP 5's are next. stiff as a board all around. They seriously milked us all with the CDP series.

I think i was most impressed by the white/red 12's, white/red 6's, and 9's. i wore the heck out of those and theyre comfy, built well, and they're not falling apart at all.

I dont buy J's anymore, but i still peek around here and there. I think i might pick up the all-star 13's. those seem like they put some though into them.

Back
Top Bottom