Best and Worst Quality retro in recent years n why?

I'd have to say the entire CDP line up was absolutely terrible. All had horrible leather, all uncomfortable, and bad quality in general. The 3's especially. I kept telling myself, let them break in a little more. Yeah right.

CDP 5's are next. stiff as a board all around. They seriously milked us all with the CDP series.

I think i was most impressed by the white/red 12's, white/red 6's, and 9's. i wore the heck out of those and theyre comfy, built well, and they're not falling apart at all.

I dont buy J's anymore, but i still peek around here and there. I think i might pick up the all-star 13's. those seem like they put some though into them.

i gotta disagree with the Space Jam statement as being horrible/worst quality for a few reasons.

1) even tho the shape is horrible and ugly it has nothing to do with quality. that has to do with the mold they use. and all molds whether accurate shape or off cost the same amount to make

2) it wasnt a all leather shoe. the leather where the jumpman is is the same leather as the 9's which is said to be actually a good quality leather and tho the patent cut was off the quality of it was good. it wasnt wrinkled or anythng. i know ppl said saying they feet hurt but i hear worst about the cdp's. i dnt have pain in my SJ's.

one thng i wish they would get right is the cracking paint. mayb the painting of the midsole prolongs it from chipping and deteriorating opposed to dying it??

if not then they shld just go back to dying
EDIT: When i said cracking paint i didnt mean on 11's since there is no paint to crack. i mean in general

i gotta disagree with the Space Jam statement as being horrible/worst quality for a few reasons.

1) even tho the shape is horrible and ugly it has nothing to do with quality. that has to do with the mold they use. and all molds whether accurate shape or off cost the same amount to make

2) it wasnt a all leather shoe. the leather where the jumpman is is the same leather as the 9's which is said to be actually a good quality leather and tho the patent cut was off the quality of it was good. it wasnt wrinkled or anythng. i know ppl said saying they feet hurt but i hear worst about the cdp's. i dnt have pain in my SJ's.

one thng i wish they would get right is the cracking paint. mayb the painting of the midsole prolongs it from chipping and deteriorating opposed to dying it??

if not then they shld just go back to dying
EDIT: When i said cracking paint i didnt mean on 11's since there is no paint to crack. i mean in general

Best...MS VI

Worst.... Milatary IV. They were straight trash. Pre-creased, Pre-yellowed and the leather was like a sheet of paper

Best...MS VI

Worst.... Milatary IV. They were straight trash. Pre-creased, Pre-yellowed and the leather was like a sheet of paper

yeah i also have no problem with my 09 sj's. the cushioning so soft to me i actually have difficulty feeling the accelerator pedal in my beamer. but it aint as soft as the '01 b/r which i ended having to sell because i kept getting blisters from them.

yeah i also have no problem with my 09 sj's. the cushioning so soft to me i actually have difficulty feeling the accelerator pedal in my beamer. but it aint as soft as the '01 b/r which i ended having to sell because i kept getting blisters from them.

i would have to say the miltary iv's are the worst along with the rest of the retro 4's..best quality retro's have to go to the 12's imo

i would have to say the miltary iv's are the worst along with the rest of the retro 4's..best quality retro's have to go to the 12's imo

the recent xi's have been terrible IMO compared to OGs and the retros of early 2000's,hope they get it right before they butcher the concords

the recent xi's have been terrible IMO compared to OGs and the retros of early 2000's,hope they get it right before they butcher the concords

In a five year spand, all the IV's and Fire Red III's (paint chipping) are horrible!

The IX's, some VII's, some VI's, and some XII's have been pretty good.

As of late, the White/Varsity Red XIII's are the best! 

It's funny because it may vary depending on the model and color way.

In a five year spand, all the IV's and Fire Red III's (paint chipping) are horrible!

The IX's, some VII's, some VI's, and some XII's have been pretty good.

As of late, the White/Varsity Red XIII's are the best! 

It's funny because it may vary depending on the model and color way.

best: 12s, 6s,7s, hell even the cdp 19s are pretty good
worst: by far the CDP 4s and CDP 11s<----this is the reason i refused to purchase the space jams last year, and the cool greys this year. i dont think i'll ever buy a pair of 4s or 11s again after these two

best: 12s, 6s,7s, hell even the cdp 19s are pretty good
worst: by far the CDP 4s and CDP 11s<----this is the reason i refused to purchase the space jams last year, and the cool greys this year. i dont think i'll ever buy a pair of 4s or 11s again after these two

Originally Posted by babycross2011

You guys forgout about those 3m raging bull 5s. They are horrible. They crease everywhere

thats becuz its a 3M material and not leather lol. its inevitable

Originally Posted by babycross2011

You guys forgout about those 3m raging bull 5s. They are horrible. They crease everywhere

thats becuz its a 3M material and not leather lol. its inevitable

From what I've seen and purchased, flint 13s from 2005. I wore them less than 5 times, and they creased HORRIBLY, and offcourse the bleeding. Those were 1 of my favorites until I purchased them. After that experience, I stayed away from J's for a while. My steel 10's from 2005 however are still looking good, with no squeeking.

From what I've seen and purchased, flint 13s from 2005. I wore them less than 5 times, and they creased HORRIBLY, and offcourse the bleeding. Those were 1 of my favorites until I purchased them. After that experience, I stayed away from J's for a while. My steel 10's from 2005 however are still looking good, with no squeeking.

Back
Top Bottom