big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

NY cats act like since rap started up there dudes are suppose to bow down.. NOPE!!
Nobody needs yall stamp of approval..

/Rant

At the end of the day NYC pisses on whatever city or town your from and it will ALWAYS be that way.

#facts

If Cole aint talking about where he's from in his raps where he from aint the first thing I think of. I don't think of J. Cole as that rapper from the south or that rapper from N. Carolina.

I wouldn't dare group Cole with Little Brother. To me that's two different sounds by way of 9th. Cole just doesn't come to mind. Son aint reppin NC that hard imo. It's what I mean when I said rap has transcended this regional ****. When I hear Los I'm not thinking oh that's VA/MD reppin right there. Same goes for Wiz. It's really only Wale who I can point to and say that's a DC rapper doing his thing, other than that it's the usual suspects; west coast acts like Kendrick that got that distinct sound or down south dudes that got that accent or drawl in their rhymes. So to restate, Cole don't come to mind when I think about NC. And even if he's the answer to who is hot from there that's one person, son aint no movement. When NYC was running **** there was over a dozen dope rappers and several groups out. Cole is dope but him being the only dude aint nothing to brag about. Like if we went location by location for all you dudes criticizing NYC right now I doubt you'd have a decent list of rappers who are doing it lyrically and musically.

What you mean Curtis destroyed NY rap? One second we've fallen off yet at the same time somebody is killing it. One rapper that was dominating for a few years starts sounding like's from the south and that's it for NY? C'mon son. Regardless of that in this whole time that NY has been weak and fallen off who has been dominating lyrically and musically? WHO? Nobody is getting mad that you want to bring up **** from 2008, that **** just gets ignored cuz that year your region wasn't about **** either.

Like you won't be taken serious when you start off your sentences with "**** aint been the same since..." cuz for each of you dudes in here criticizing yall got a different time and place to reference. I just seen a couple fools say and agree that NY aint been the same since Snoop came through and crush the buildings :rofl: Yall ****** must live in caves in the Himalayas if you truly believe that wild ****. I mean it's clear yall just saying it to throw stones and instead of looking for hip hop to be better as a whole yall come in here and just repeat the same ****. To me yall are the ones coming off delusional as if yall rappers are the ones that are selling AND making dope music. That aint the case. Still plenty of trash clogging up the mainstream and yall running with that. It's got so bad yall dudes have lowered standards significantly and are accepting some of the more whacker rappers cuz they got dope beats and a gimmick.

Last edited:
Fam real **** what are we delusional about ?

Nobody is in here championing NYC rap like its the golden era and everything begins and ends here.

What were actually saying is that it's ironic how much it's being pointed out and over analyzed when no other region is putting out quality music as a whole, of course there are a few blips on the radar and some hot artists putting out but no region as a whole should be runnin around screaming we the best.

Dudes have repeatedly admitted NY fell off, were not the ones in denial it's the dudes who are so focused up here they aren't noticing their states own garbage.

You trying to distort everything bruh...you know 50 killed it with the beef among fellow NY artist. 

I'm just shaking my head at this point.

NY and that superiority complex...
mean.gif

nvm 

delusional 
See what I'm saying, you want to pretend you're in the right and you can't even come up with a rebuttal. You'd rather just give up and throw an ad hominen attack on your way out. Just dismiss ppl as delusional cuz they can't be right.

That's the thing though, you'd never see a thread made dedicated to ******** on the state of rap where you're from cuz nobody really gives a ****. So yeah continue telling me what's wrong with NYC's rap game as you chill in the land of irrelevance.

South dominated with mindless party music and the west is inconsistent. What we really talking about?

roll.gif

ya'll dudes is hot..do you man. 

Every NY rapper outside of Jay and Nas need to send Kendrick a thank you card for putting some light back on the city...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You trying to distort everything bruh...you know 50 killed it with the beef among fellow NY artist. 

I'm just shaking my head at this point.

NY and that superiority complex...
mean.gif
What you mean? What does Curtis ruining his own career got to do with NYC's rap game? I aint distorting ****. You're just crediting certain events to the wrong thing. What does Curtis beefing with everybody got to do with NYC's entire rap situation at that time?

So he beefed with everybody AND? He was never down with his fellow NY artists in the first place. I'm beginning to think you're the delusional one. Curtis entire rap relevance is rooted directly to beefing with ******. How you gonna attribute the downfall of NY rap to the rapper known for beefing with everybody. Curtis is only famous cuz he got shot 9 times and shut down Ja Rule. You gonna pretend he aint make How to Rob now? You gonna act like even when he was only 1 album in to his career he wasn't dissing the likes of Jay-Z and Nas? All he does is beef with dudes, he did it until he ran himself out of style. The only good years dude had was the first 2 or 3. You can't seriously be counting all his nonsense with Lil Kim, Cam, and his attempts to create a buzz with Kanye and Wayne, etc. as anything more than a sad sight.

What are you even talking about?
:rofl:

ya'll dudes is hot..do you man.

Every NY rapper outside of Jay and Nas need to send Kendrick a thank you card for putting some light back on the city...
laugh.gif
Yeah, you're clearly not getting it if you think that's what I'm saying.

It's kinda clear I'm talking to wrong person about this, you can go now.

Last edited:
It really is coming down to these dudes not from here see NYC as weak at the moment and this is their chance to talk ****. They think they're making points by piling on and being over critical when where they're from aint never been at the pinnacle of rap and currently are not prospering as well.

It seems that dudes were just waiting for NY to fall off so they can get their 25 years of frustration out finally. It's sad.

When it's pointed out, that's when we're the ones that are mad and sensitive, we're the ones still arrogant or just butthurt
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Look in the mirror. Where you're from aint prospering. Hip Hop has transcended that regional **** if you've been a fan long enough. You got dudes from Toronto and Pittsburgh that are hot. If you still gonna limit yourself to the coast by coast, city by city **** keep it 100% real.

Don't worry about NY falling off when where you're from aint no better. When NY/east coast was running **** the only time that faltered was when the west got big and during that time the south was releasing it's best music lyrically and musically. Then eventually the south got on with party music. That aint nobody's fault but the south and fans eating up all that bs and pushing the lyrical musical **** to the back burner. The west BEEN inconsistent. Lets not pretend like right now there's any city, coast, or region that's dominating the rap game. Kendrick was calling for dudes to step it up on both ends. He's one of the few that's got the lyrics and musical quality and has translated that to a selling album. Lets not pretend that's happening to every rapper not from NY.

Yall dudes need to look at where you're from before you come back criticizing NYC like we're the worst, like yall are the ones on top.
NY been fell off. Yall recovered from the West Coast attack in the early 90's and then the Dirty South attack in the late 90's, but what has NY really brought to the forefront since 05? Once TM 101 came out, yall been mainly ghost status. Hell, they bump trap music in NY now.

This is coming from someone who mainly listens to East Coast style music, but I know what's cracking and what's not. I give all the credit in the world to NY for creating the art and dominating the field for a long period of time. Most of everybody's favorite MC's all time are from NY, but right now the NYC is in a state a flux, trying to figure out how to stay relevant on a national level. You got cats like Joey Bad*** that are stupid nice, but will they make a major impact on the culture in general? Same thing with The Underachievers, Action Bronson, Roc Marciano, etc.

:smh:

So should every rapper from around the world send thank you cards to the boogie down Bronx because after all they started this whole **** ?

C'mon fam you're better than that :smh: put some light back in the city :lol:.

For the last time NY doesn't have a stranglehold on rap any longer, nor does any other region for that matter. Since the Internet going nowhere I doubt that changes anytime soon.

Lord Jamar is a legend but he out here calling Kendrick all types of slick homo comments and stuff it's really embarassing .Lord Jamar riding the wave he had from The Kanye skirt crap and tryin to apply it to Kendrick . NY won't champion an artist like Torae or Roc (roc lives in LA NOW and has said he gets more love in other cities than he has ever got in New York and its sad .

That's another thing, dudes want and have to focus on NY. Had this been directed to the East or West, I'd expect the same kind of responses not counting vets and legends.
See how it keeps changing? Went from where's the quality rappers in NYC, yall don't got none. To oh all those dudes you mentioned aren't buzzing so they don't count. **** that.

The south and west are buzzing? With what? Put Kendrick aside who else from the west is buzzing and are actually good? That can rap? Same does doubly for the south. Who is buzzing and can rap? I mean you want to say nobody knows these NY artists outside of NY who the **** knows any of these west or south artists outside of they're regions and the internet? The whole point of Kendrick's verse was to step your game up cuz he's coming for their core fan bases. I mean a few dudes Kendrick listed aren't even that good at rapping in the first place.
Nipsey Hussle, YG, Fashawn, Earl, Tyler, Kid Ink Etc From West all have bigger buzzes then Skyzoo..PLEASE tell me one Skyzoo song you heard on radio ? The south Big K.R.I.T, J Cole, Etc come'on All I'm saying is you named rappers who aren't even know in the city outside of the underground realm.

We love what came out of the Bronx...and the love has been shown by plenty of rappers outside of NY with odes to the pioneers who made hip hop a musical art form. 

That's not even the point really. Dudes who were locked away not even giving rhyming a thought all of a sudden are trying to come out and address some ****. All because a dude said he was the KONY...you see how faulty that looks to people outside of NY?

Where were they at before 8/13/2013?

Last edited:
It really is coming down to these dudes not from here see NYC as weak at the moment and this is their chance to talk ****. They think they're making points by piling on and being over critical when where they're from aint never been at the pinnacle of rap and currently are not prospering as well.

It seems that dudes were just waiting for NY to fall off so they can get their 25 years of frustration out finally. It's sad.

When it's pointed out, that's when we're the ones that are mad and sensitive, we're the ones still arrogant or just butthurt :lol: :smh: Look in the mirror. Where you're from aint prospering. Hip Hop has transcended that regional **** if you've been a fan long enough. You got dudes from Toronto and Pittsburgh that are hot. If you still gonna limit yourself to the coast by coast, city by city **** keep it 100% real.

Don't worry about NY falling off when where you're from aint no better. When NY/east coast was running **** the only time that faltered was when the west got big and during that time the south was releasing it's best music lyrically and musically. Then eventually the south got on with party music. That aint nobody's fault but the south and fans eating up all that bs and pushing the lyrical musical **** to the back burner. The west BEEN inconsistent. Lets not pretend like right now there's any city, coast, or region that's dominating the rap game. Kendrick was calling for dudes to step it up on both ends. He's one of the few that's got the lyrics and musical quality and has translated that to a selling album. Lets not pretend that's happening to every rapper not from NY.

Yall dudes need to look at where you're from before you come back criticizing NYC like we're the worst, like yall are the ones on top.

NY been fell off. Yall recovered from the West Coast attack in the early 90's and then the Dirty South attack in the late 90's, but what has NY really brought to the forefront since 05? Once TM 101 came out, yall been mainly ghost status. Hell, they bump trap music in NY now.
Maybe I was in a coma when did the South attack NYC in the late 90s? Name these dirty south rappers. What the west did was a direct attack. Just making good/just as good/classic music while NYC is doing the same thing is not attacking us. It's making hip hop better. So you sounding confused from the start.

And yeah I'd say mid 2000s is when things began to change, NYC does play trap music on the radio but to me that was part of hip hop transcending a region but I aint never been a fan of Jeezy so I'd attribute his stint as part of everybody praising southern trash music. Jeezy aint the southern music I would continuously listen to or ever felt was good. Thing is once the playing field started finally opening up on a mainstream level (ignoring all of the trash that got hot) there became fewer chances for new up and coming NYC artists and like I already mentioned these vets and legends should've been on their way out for the most part. Nobody is getting that support in NYC in the first place but that's our problem. Those are some of the things for why I've seen NYC fall off, not this external bs.

This is coming from someone who mainly listens to East Coast style music, but I know what's cracking and what's not. I give all the credit in the world to NY for creating the art and dominating the field for a long period of time. Most of everybody's favorite MC's all time are from NY, but right now the NYC is in a state a flux, trying to figure out how to stay relevant on a national level. You got cats like Joey Bad*** that are stupid nice, but will they make a major impact on the culture in general? Same thing with The Underachievers, Action Bronson, Roc Marciano, etc.
Well like I said these dudes aint getting the support or proper push and how the radio stations conduct themselves is way more shady. The labels are looking to screw ppl even more. The internet has made an impact as well. So you'll keep seeing a lot more dudes try to get an internet buzz over a national one. Cult followings and ****.

When I look at someone like Kendrick I can see he's on his grind and he has the support but that's usually how it is with the west cuz like I said they've been inconsistent but when they get behind a dude they fully back him.

In all of the time I've been on forums, especially this forum, I've never seen a thread with so much heat. This emoticon will forever represent this thread: 
mean.gif

At the end of the day NYC pisses on whatever city or town your from and it will ALWAYS be that way.

#facts
See what I'm saying...
mean.gif

We show love, as a matter of fact we've always shown love, but it's never been reciprocal.

So when the tables turn you have to accept it like it is. 

I could plug in Papoose, JR Writer, Jae Millz, Corey Gunz in there and you'd have the exact same situation.  

Nobody wants to hear that **** on a consistent basis.

The problem isn't the music.  The problem is who controls what music gets shine.  

There are garbage artists from EVERY region and every region has their time to shine.  But all that said, I could list 10 solid artists in place of the Alley Boy's and Corey Gunz of the world.

Bad music is bad music.  Coasts have nothing to do with it.  

No, it wouldn't be the same situation.

I'd rather listen to artist who have some substance and talent even if mediocre or not marketable

Cory and Pap aren't garbage. A sixth grader could out rap Waka.

My point was that you could plug in any of the cookie cutter, punchline, Big L clone rappers from NYC and you'd have more forgettable music in the mainstream.  

Where are those dudes now that their time is up?  There's a reason that their brief time in the spotlight came and went.  Disposable music.  

Again, coasts have nothing to do with it.  Don't let your personal preferences blind you to the FACT that there are a lot of ****** NYC rappers. 
what you consider **** nyc rappers alot of people still eff's with, NYC's lowgrade isn't da same lowgrade as in da south

or sections of da west.
I don't understand how dude can say it's not about coasts in one breath and then go on to single out NYC rappers like he's making a point.

There's **** rappers in the game period. It's not determined by coast, region, city or state.
You don't understand what I said because you didn't read the full convo.  
laugh.gif

Dude listed ****** rappers from the South.  I listed ****** rappers from NYC.  Thus proving that there are ****** rappers in the game NOT determined by coast, region, city or state.  Period.

Basically I said what you said.  Only I said it first.  Catch up.  

#facts

See what I'm saying...
mean.gif

We show love, as a matter of fact we've always shown love, but it's never been reciprocal.

Of course some dudes get extreme with it but don't let that be a copout or crutch, not everybody feels that way. A few opinions you don't agree with aren't a just cause for blanket statements.

A dude a few pages back said we ain't recover from Snoop crushing the buildings, c'mon how crazy does that sound ?

But I'm not using that as a excuse to ride on and discredit an entire region or city...don't do that.

That's another thing, dudes want and have to focus on NY. Had this been directed to the East or West, I'd expect the same kind of responses not counting vets and legends.

See how it keeps changing? Went from where's the quality rappers in NYC, yall don't got none. To oh all those dudes you mentioned aren't buzzing so they don't count. **** that.

The south and west are buzzing? With what? Put Kendrick aside who else from the west is buzzing and are actually good? That can rap? Same does doubly for the south. Who is buzzing and can rap? I mean you want to say nobody knows these NY artists outside of NY who the **** knows any of these west or south artists outside of they're regions and the internet? The whole point of Kendrick's verse was to step your game up cuz he's coming for their core fan bases. I mean a few dudes Kendrick listed aren't even that good at rapping in the first place.
Nipsey Hussle, YG, Fashawn, Earl, Tyler, Kid Ink Etc From West all have bigger buzzes then Skyzoo..PLEASE tell me one Skyzoo song you heard on radio ? The south Big K.R.I.T, J Cole, Etc come'on All I'm saying is you named rappers who aren't even know in the city outside of the underground realm.
I aint never heard Fashawn on the radio unfortunately and I haven't heard much from dude since the mixtape with Murs. Same goes for Kid Inc. nut hey I've never heard of him period. From where I'm standing the Nipsey hype has died down. I mean does dude have an album out? or ever dropped one? I can't recall anything that had an impact. I mean if dudes got a buzz they'd at least have their own thread in the music forum right on the first or 2nd page? I'm not saying NT music forum is the gauge but here would be a little representative and indicative of their actual national buzz right? I ***** with OFWGKTA though, they got a movement, they got a real buzz. So on the west we got Kendrick and them. If you want to be generous and technical I guess you could count that as like 12 west coast artists. I'd expect a lot more the way these west coast dudes are talking, especially these west coast fans that are giddy to point out a NYCer is mad or butthurt or arrogant or delusional or w/e.

Keep in mind we talking about ppl with a buzz. I'm gonna act like Krit's buzz aint die down, all you did was name two dudes from the south and threw me a etc. Cole is an obvious but after him I'd expect more the way some of these dudes from the south are talking.

I aint hearing most of these dudes on the radio man. Most of these dudes do not have the buzz since this whole thread is kinda being compared to what Kendrick just did. Son got dope lyrics, makes good songs, and has an album that sold well. I'm not seeing many of the dudes from the south or west that are on that level the same way not many on the east are, midwest as well. Then when you go by who he mentions outside of Drake and Cole (who has consistently went gold) none of them dudes is really on that level either (I'm putting Pusha aside).

#facts

See what I'm saying...
mean.gif

This comes off as you're mad and trying to get us back cuz this "we" haven't reciprocated appreciation for yall contribution to hip hop on a more public scale.

I know I've given props to the artists and albums I've loved from west, midwest, and south but I'm not gonna appreciate trash that's popular.

The key problem is if yall dudes was doing it to the point it was undeniable you wouldn't care or if you did with great music and dope rhymes but it's not like yall did. I guess if you really want the respect and props think you deserve from all of NYC dominate rap for like 10 years with the aforementioned, then it'd be pretty undeniable. So far that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom