big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

I aint never heard Fashawn on the radio unfortunately and I haven't heard much from dude since the mixtape with Murs. Same goes for Kid Inc. nut hey I've never heard of him period. From where I'm standing the Nipsey hype has died down. I mean does dude have an album out? or ever dropped one? I can't recall anything that had an impact. I mean if dudes got a buzz they'd at least have their own thread in the music forum right on the first or 2nd page? I'm not saying NT music forum is the gauge but here would be a little representative and indicative of their actual national buzz right? I ***** with OFWGKTA though, they got a movement, they got a real buzz. So on the west we got Kendrick and them. If you want to be generous and technical I guess you could count that as like 12 west coast artists. I'd expect a lot more the way these west coast dudes are talking, especially these west coast fans that are giddy to point out a NYCer is mad or butthurt or arrogant or delusional or w/e.

Keep in mind we talking about ppl with a buzz. I'm gonna act like Krit's buzz aint die down, all you did was name two dudes from the south and threw me a etc. Cole is an obvious but after him I'd expect more the way some of these dudes from the south are talking.

I aint hearing most of these dudes on the radio man. Most of these dudes do not have the buzz since this whole thread is kinda being compared to what Kendrick just did. Son got dope lyrics, makes good songs, and has an album that sold well. I'm not seeing many of the dudes from the south or west that are on that level the same way not many on the east are, midwest as well. Then when you go by who he mentions outside of Drake and Cole (who has consistently went gold) none of them dudes is really on that level either (I'm putting Pusha aside).
I'm curious then because I completely understand where your coming from but on the same level with Lamar who in New York MC do you believe has that same presence because Skyzoo never gets played on air most people within NY don't even know he exists like wise with Bronson, and Bad*****. I don't see other artist Asap aside from NY that's an up comer doing what Ken is doing.

Well, I think 100 pages is enough of the amount of fu*kery and emotional women in here. Its been great ya'll

Last edited:
At the end of the day NYC pisses on whatever city or town your from and it will ALWAYS be that way.

#facts

These NY cats mane I swear.. Not all yall but cats like homie right here, SMH... At least some rappers from my city won an academy award.. How many NY cats have done that?

See what I'm saying...
mean.gif

We show love, as a matter of fact we've always shown love, but it's never been reciprocal.

So when the tables turn you have to accept it like it is. 

Exactly

Last edited:
ok, being from Brooklyn, I will say....not only in this thread, but in the real world, the conversation has turned from Kendrick and his actual verse(including the king of NY ****) to a general "NY is washed" convo...and honestly its amusing. in the end of all of this...what plagued NY rappers has never been the lack of talent in the city. when the south began dominating radio, NY and just about every other region besides the Bay jumped right on the bandwagon..and in the process NY as a whole lost it's identity. Its unfortunate because like it or not, its the mecca of this hip-hop/rap ****. but there is no denying the talent has never left...but our sound is all over the damn place. 

now, as for Jumpoff.....cotdamn
mean.gif
, Slaughterhouse as a whole should lay this "Control" **** to rest.

I aint never heard Fashawn on the radio unfortunately and I haven't heard much from dude since the mixtape with Murs. Same goes for Kid Inc. nut hey I've never heard of him period. From where I'm standing the Nipsey hype has died down. I mean does dude have an album out? or ever dropped one? I can't recall anything that had an impact. I mean if dudes got a buzz they'd at least have their own thread in the music forum right on the first or 2nd page? I'm not saying NT music forum is the gauge but here would be a little representative and indicative of their actual national buzz right? I ***** with OFWGKTA though, they got a movement, they got a real buzz. So on the west we got Kendrick and them. If you want to be generous and technical I guess you could count that as like 12 west coast artists. I'd expect a lot more the way these west coast dudes are talking, especially these west coast fans that are giddy to point out a NYCer is mad or butthurt or arrogant or delusional or w/e.

Keep in mind we talking about ppl with a buzz. I'm gonna act like Krit's buzz aint die down, all you did was name two dudes from the south and threw me a etc. Cole is an obvious but after him I'd expect more the way some of these dudes from the south are talking.

I aint hearing most of these dudes on the radio man. Most of these dudes do not have the buzz since this whole thread is kinda being compared to what Kendrick just did. Son got dope lyrics, makes good songs, and has an album that sold well. I'm not seeing many of the dudes from the south or west that are on that level the same way not many on the east are, midwest as well. Then when you go by who he mentions outside of Drake and Cole (who has consistently went gold) none of them dudes is really on that level either (I'm putting Pusha aside).
I'm curious then because I completely understand where your coming from but on the same level with Lamar who in New York MC do you believe has that same presence because Skyzoo never gets played on air most people within NY don't even know he exists like wise with Bronson, and Bad*****. I don't see other artist Asap aside from NY that's an up comer doing what Ken is doing.
All the NYC artists that I like that's been doing it for lets say 5 years or more now get no play, no push, no support. They're good but I guess dont' have broader appeal, the Sha Stimuli's, Torae's, Skyzoo's and the like. A guy like Joell could fit that description as well. Right now I'm looking in to what Joey Bad***** develops in to but for the most part nobody that's a real up n comer from NYC is doing anything like Kendrick or close to it right now. If some NYC rapper were to blow in the next 2 years or something I'd assume that it'd be a brand new act that's currently unknown.

NYC radio stations been betrayed the hometown. Completely commercialized for the most part. Way more about your connections than if you're actually good. What I would give for a 3rd hip hop station to pop up and be what early BET and Hot 97 was as far as hip hop goes.

Last edited:
hope this turns into WWF, every rapper is replying but mentioning even more rappers.

I hope this takes some of the violence out of rap battles, for Joey's sake :frown:

also,

Joey's line at Trinidad James is cool and all, but he's the same guy that makes tracks with 2chains/future (forgot who, honestly don't care)

it's like they play favorites, rosenberg defends 2 chains so he's "off limits" to call a wack rapper.

Last edited:
Joey went in. From all the responses, sounds like him and Joell answered the call accordingly unless I missed one.

Buddha you only see what you wanna see.

But it's all love man, the climate has changed. It's just a tough pill to swallow right now.

I understand you have some angst about it, but when Jordan hung up his sneakers for the last time it was hard for some to accept that he wouldn't touch the hardwood anymore.

But now you have dudes like J Cole, Kendrick, and Krit who I look at like a Lebron who can do more than just rap. They give you a total package from production, to experimenting with different flows we've never heard. We needed that in hip hop.

Not to say Lebron is better than Jordan, but Jordan had his time. Just like Nas, Jay, Jada, and Fab had their time. They are cemented in hip hop forever, whether its as under achieves in the case of Jada and Fab, or legends like Nas and Jay.

It's a new day.

Got damn, _'s are beyond sensitive in here. :rofl:

Budden's joint went hard though, I like how he approached it.

Last edited:
Another thing I want to point out is the legends stopped working with Premo...:smh:

The producers who could give you that NY sound were no longer sought after, and that always pissed me off from a fan perspective.

Even RZA stopped making raw beats. Thats always been NY to me but that's dead too.

this thread is hilarious because the magnitude of it, is clearly a sign of the time. The last time some disrespected NY, people died rappers body guards, billions were made and billions were mismanaged.
I just find it ironic that DR.Dre is always involved with artist who are willingly to bring real life black on black confrontation to music wax. famb has been involved in ever era from nwa to easy to pac to 50 to game and now this.

But it's all love man, the climate has changed. It's just a tough pill to swallow right now.

I understand you have some angst about it, but when Jordan hung up his sneakers for the last time it was hard for some to accept that he wouldn't touch the hardwood anymore.

But now you have dudes like J Cole, Kendrick, and Krit who I look at like a Lebron who can do more than just rap. They give you a total package from production, to experimenting with different flows we've never heard. We needed that in hip hop.

Not to say Lebron is better than Jordan, but Jordan had his time. Just like Nas, Jay, Jada, and Fab had their time. They are cemented in hip hop forever, whether its as under achieves in the case of Jada and Fab, or legends like Nas and Jay.

It's a new day.
Another thing I want to point out is the legends stopped working with Premo...
mean.gif

The producers who could give you that NY sound were no longer sought after, and that always pissed me off from a fan perspective.

Even RZA stopped making raw beats. Thats always been NY to me but that's dead too.
all this is 100% truth

Budda is delusional and thinks this is still 94

Cassidy went in tho.

:lol: at dudes in here actin like Kendrick named them on the record.
The male estregen is strong in this thread.

no wonder racism is still alive.

smh crabs in a barrel looking fools in here.

acting liek they actual family with kendrick or the lames he mentioned.

throws on some real music

It's a new day.

Another thing I want to point out is the legends stopped working with Premo...:smh:

all this is 100% truth

Budda is delusional and thinks this is still 94
How can I still think it's '94 when it's Kendrick the one that embodies and is trying to ignite the same **** I'm talking about?

Your sense is lacking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom