big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

The fact that so many New Yorkers are upset proves Kdot is the King of New York.
I mean why else would you guys be so mad?
Probably cause there's no one (outside of Jay and Nas) that can touch him in NY.

9th Wonder and Guru said some really good points about how these dudes are going to respond. If NYC cats are mad about KDot calling himself the KONY, that pretty much means he's winning imo.

This is what hip hop needed, someone to get other artists to step up their level of lyrics. It can be for a short time, it can totally change the game, but this is what it needed. Kendrick is pretty much making dudes think about what they're going to say and not just write some **** on paper, put a beat on it, and push it out.

Damn Lupe :smokin that's what I'm talking about. This track and his verse on Poor Decisions actually have me thinking Lupe might still have it in him to put out a great product.

You could NEVER sleep on Lupe.

That said, was that really a response to Kendrick or just a song off that new album he's supposed to be dropping?

Last edited:
You could NEVER sleep in Lupe.

That said, was that really a response to Kendrick or just a song off that new album he's supposed to be dropping?
Definitely a response. Listen to the part where he says:
He's so crazy, look at the little baby
N**** you ain't Nas, n**** you ain't Jay-Z
You will respect me, you will reject me
But I've done so much, no matter how far you go, you will reflect me

Yeah my ears perked up a bit durijf those lines, but that seemed really indirect. And the rest of the song doesn't really address it.

I just have a hard time believing that Lupe threw this together in a few hours. Dude's verses are way too complex.:lol:

verse was dope but w/o the name dropping this is somethin we've heard before from the likes of budden, royce, ortiz, etc. goin off for 3-4 minutes, puttin on a lyrical display.

only reason this is gettin as much attention as it is is b/c of the names. we all kno how how to rob turned out. same s***. we seen this movie before. good for the game i guess.:rolleyes

the responses in here are hilarious tho and im not speakin on responses to lamar verse. some of you are delusional.

KL aint eem the king of LA, now a handful of you saying that kendrick is the KONY. foh.

"now just say s***, these N_s'll believe it"

cannot believe this thread has reached 40 somethin pages over THAT verse.:smh:

Yeah my ears perked up a bit durijf those lines, but that seemed really indirect. And the rest of the song doesn't really address it.

I just have a hard time believing that Lupe threw this together in a few hours. Dude's verses are way too complex.:lol:

At this point if you ain't directly addressing Kendrick directly you still losing lol

slr 2 was terrible.

"pause, i was talking bout my own balls" wtf? %$#" is weak.

Kendrick done spit a hot verse that will probably keep him relevant for years to come.
Hell, I'd go so far to say this might have made him a GOAT MC already.

verse was dope

only reason this is gettin as much attention as it is is b/c of the names. 

KL aint eem the king of LA, now a handful of you saying that kendrick is the KONY. foh.

"now just say s***, these N_s'll believe it"

cannot believe this thread has reached 40 somethin pages over THAT verse.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom