big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Yo
[COLOR=#red]Right at this moment I'm in HOU, but I start back school soon so yes my dude CSTAT. What's good big homie?[/COLOR]

Ha, you're the big homie. I'm in CSTAT now though. I'm back and forth between here, Dallas, and Houston. Ill hit you next week when everyone starts moving back.

Last edited:
Like I said.  Rappers are dumb.

Leave that beat alone.

Props to Kendrick for trying to raise the bar in hip hop BUT this dude only has two albums out and he's grouping himself with Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, and Andre 3000 as the best MC?
roll.gif

IMO there are so many other rappers that have proved themselves over the years that deserve to be grouped with those guys over Kendrick.

Just because you're the rookie of the year one year and MVP the next year doesn't mean you're in the hall of fame
mean.gif

I have a real question for you guys.

Who in NY can hang with Kendrick?

The ***** got a Platinum Plaque, money, spits ******g burning gasoline, and awards.

WHO IN NY can **** with him right now? Even outside of the fact that he can spit with the best lyricists in NY in right now. I see a lot of people bringing up old rappers, trump cards that they know have history. But Kendrick ain't call them out.

Its like the old sports argument. Your current team is some ****, so you start bringing up old past teams that won Superbowls or NBA Championships.

We not talking about them though, we're talking about your team now.

Who can **** with him?

Lebron called out the Bulls, so you got Scottie Pippen responding to him? Why isn't Derrick Rose responding?

I don't want ot hear struggle bars from KRS ONE or Jim Jones. I don't want to hear Fat Joe or some other washed up ***** defend NY. I want to hear one of the ****** who got called out (ASAP ROCKY for example) defend his home turf.

I want ot hear Meek Mill defend himself. I want to hear someone who got blatantly called out come back and say "Aye, don't sleep on me." and drop some REAL MUSIC.

Everyone saying Kendrick ain't the King of LA, but the dude clearly has the credentials right now. There's nobody in NY with credentials. And when you do bring someone up, their first album was before 1997... Hence my sports analogy...

If theres a kingdom with no king at the moment, you damn right I'm going to walk in and take over the throne. And there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it until the townspeople claim their kingdom back and overthrow me.
Another stupid sports analogy. When did nas and jay retire?

@Prime He has to be! When you see someone deflect the arguement to a rapper in your region a nerve has been touched.
laugh.gif

I'm wondering why are you worried about New York when you're from Houston

You should be worried about Kirko Bangz, Paul Wall, Slim Thug and Z-Ro

When's the last time Houston was hot? So why are you mentioning New York?

Your area is still Scarface and a group who wasn't from there

:lol: You sound salty.

You from NY?

How about you answer my question instead of deflect it.

Yeah I'm from New York

but again, why do you care about New York when you're from DC?

For a region irrelevant, why do you care about it?

New York's history in rap is set in stone, even if it doesn't do anything else.

:lol:, Still ducking and dodging.

Miss me with all that nonsense. I see a lot of Knicks fans in Miami heat and Lakers threads... If we want to talk about irrelevance.

I care about MUSIC. So I can only listen to Wale cause he's from DC? How do you even sound right now?

Thats you and damn near every NY cats thing. "Oh we set in stone, we started this ****, we the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah mecca"

I'm not even going to quote my sports reference again. Either you read it or you didn't. But you sound like someone who has no real answer to my question, and is holding on to your "glory days" to answer.

That **** doesn't matter, and neither does me being from DC.

Music is music. The fact of the matter is, once Kendrick dropped that bomb on hip hop, a lot of irrelevant ****** from NY came out of the woodwork.

But you STILL ain't answer my question though. :lol:

Another stupid sports analogy. When did nas and jay retire?
Another stupid response...

Did you listen to the song?

"New ******, just new ******. Don't get involved"

Like I said. If it weren't for Jay and Nas, ya'll wouldn't have anything to hold on to. Jay and Nas are both two of my favorite rappers, but Kendrick ain't direct ANY of that song towards them.

So why ya'll keep bringing them up?

Cause thats all ya'll ****** got.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm from New York

We care about NY because Kendrick walked in a said this is my house and he is from LA.

We care cause NY is where rap orginated and we respect that fact.

We care cause NY hasn't had anything but a slew of rappers sounding like they were from other places for the last few years.

The truth hurts and its ok to admit it. I can't speak for anyone else in the thread but I'm not upset or mocking NY. I am saying its time to rebuild NY Hip Hop cause this is not what it should be.

Me being from Texas I don't wanna hear a NY artist like ASAP sounding like he is from H-Town. Thats not what I think of when I think of NY. I don't wanna hear French sounding like he from ATL. The list goes on and on...

But... We do care.

Kinda confused. If NYC is irrelevant why bring them up?

I kinda get the feeling those outside of NYC can't wait for it to be demolished.

:lol: You sound salty.

You from NY?

How about you answer my question instead of deflect it.

Yeah I'm from New York

Nah, can't agree on that last line man, NY just going to ride the coattails of Jay Nas, BIG, The Wu, etc for the next 15 yrs and it'll be cool with you? If the Yankees never won for the next 15 yrs and didn't make the playoffs all but one or two odd seasons they wouldn't feel the heat? Cowboys get clowned CONSTANTLY they have one playoff win the last 15 yrs but they've got immense history. You have to keep being great or fade into the past, thats with anything. Companies become ancient and pretty obsolete without innovation.

logged back into nt and saw 690+ new posts, i basically spent the last hour or so skim reading through 20+ new pages and basically thought...

e31.jpg

at the theme going from a new big sean song to kendrick killing a verse, "calling" out the new gen rappers, to "labeling" himself the ,king of NY, to irrelevant rappers catching feelings, to dudes debating who could really body who in a verse, to idk where else.

i think i basically summarized whats been going on in here.

Last edited:
man, **** this dude Meek Mill... he in the chair lounging like he just that dude now

his mannerisms just scream *****.

"Ask Bun B about me
This ain't no snap back, a ***** been trill"

Stop....even Jay needs verification from Texas...leave TX out of this convo. Its waaaaay to easy.

I kinda get the feeling those outside of NYC can't wait for it to be demolished.

The hilarious part is it's coming from dudes from regions that are dead, irrelevant or on life support :rofl:

It's like saying you're over a girl, but all you can do is talk about her.

Not at all. I think we want NY to acknowledge it isn't what it should be so we can move forward. ASAP & FRENCH are not NY. Is NY proud of these guys? I don't know if your from there but if you are...Is NY proud of these 2?

So we just gone all act like Lu ain't spazz? I'm still in awe that rap fans are in awe with Kendrick tbh

Ummm more recent than NY...

The hilarious part is it's coming from dudes from regions that are dead, irrelevant or on life support
roll.gif

How are other regions dead when you had to come follow whats so called dead to get back on the radar?
mean.gif
 Save that non sense man. Jay rapping on Trap **** in 2013 to stay relevant. C'mon now...You sir are just salty.

Last edited:

Not at all, that'd be tragicallysad if it happened....more so can we get some new artists to step up to the plate and give product to the masses on a new level? Not influenced from the south...like it is mind boggling for there to have been anygreat up and comers from NY who establish themselves over the last 10 yrs (I'll give you 50 I guess) , especially given the INCREDIBLE history and foundation....i'd be mad about that if I were from NYC personally. Its being brought up bc of what Kendrick said.

Trust me NYCers know the NY rap aint what it used to be. It will never that way again. The lyrical stuff doesn't sell as well. And when some do spit some lyrical stuff no one listens.

EDIT: IMO gentrification of NYC may be reason. The lifestyle of NY isn't that of the 90s or 80s. Things done changed.

Last edited:

The hilarious part is it's coming from dudes from regions that are dead, irrelevant or on life support :rofl:

If thats the case, then NY cats sound like the chick who was SLAMMIN 10-15 yrs ago (certified 10, renowned model on top of the world) now goes around showing photos of what she used to look like to everyone when they come at her for being overweight and letting herself go over time :lol:

So we just gone all act like Lu ain't spazz? I'm still in awe that rap fans are in awe with Kendrick tbh

I'm from The Crib and I'm sorry but I wasted 3+ mins of my life listening to that nonsense. :smh:

Trust me Lupe ***** with K Dot, came on stage during his Section 80 show here to give him crazy props and vice versa.

@Prime He has to be! When you see someone deflect the arguement to a rapper in your region a nerve has been touched.
laugh.gif

Bruh, ya'll biggest rapper right now from harlem's whole claim to fame is being "trill", chopped lyrics, drinking lean, and gold fronts.

But oh, let me stop. I forgot. 'Cats been wearing gold fronts in NY since the 80's, b"

Spare me.

Houston has much more of an influence on hip hop right now than NY.

Everytime I hear a damn song, someone is paying homage to UGK, Pimp C, or trying to dap up Bun B...

But what do I know, I'm from DC. :lol:

If thats the case, then NY cats sound like the chick who was SLAMMIN 10-15 yrs ago (certified 10, renowned model on top of the world) now goes around showing photos of what she used to look like to everyone when they come at her for being overweight and letting herself go over time :lol:

That chick who can't let go of her high school years. Still putting up her pictures from before she had a baby on facebook.

Trust me NYCers know the NY rap aint what it used to be. It will never that way again. The lyrical stuff doesn't sell as well. And when some do spit some lyrical stuff no one listens.

EDIT: IMO gentrification of NYC may be reason. The lifestyle of NY isn't that of the 90s or 80s. Things done changed.

That could be.

But this has been going on for years man. Ever since that Chicken Noodle Soup ****, and Lil John and ATL changed the structure of hip hop. **** ain't been the same coming from up there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom