Black Culture Discussion Thread

Goodness...I'd eat out. At that McDonalds I mean

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
those look like a bunch of teenagers u creep

How yall feel about this? There are people who's tryna downplay her achievement buy saying they cant support the poisoning of our people and all that. I personally am annoyed by those kind of people

I get both sides of the picture.

sometimes you get tired of people taking what you say out of context and/ or putting words in your mouth because you dont agree

Tell em again plz....

Not even the same rapper.....
Kodak Black said that line...not Glokk

260px-Kodak_Black_Press_Photo_by_David_Cabrera.jpg

Yea our Hatian folks got color issues also in South Florida.
Im still rootin for the two lil homies for a path of success.
When I see Kodak and Glokk at that age I see a younger me.

Tell em again plz....

Not even the same rapper.....
Kodak Black said that line...not Glokk

260px-Kodak_Black_Press_Photo_by_David_Cabrera.jpg

Yea our Hatian folks got color issues also in South Florida.
Im still rootin for the two lil homies for a path of success.
When I see Kodak and Glokk at that age I see a younger me.
Are they not African American though? Yes, they are descedants of carribean parents, but they are still considered African American according to the definition y'all were using. In the video from Glokk he clearly stated that those sentiments didn't come from his parents and it was his own decision. Vlad also attempted to bail him out, but he stuck to his guns.

Black Farmers Were Deliberately Sold ‘Fake Seeds’ in Scheme to Steal Their Land: Report
Thomas-Burrell-and-David-Hall-800x430.jpg

At the Mid-South Farm and Gin Show show in March of 2017, African-American farmers believe that Stine Seed Company purposefully sold them fake seeds.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/bl...ely-sold-fake-seeds-scheme-steal-land-report/

Thomas Burrell, president of the Black Farmers and Agriculturalists Association, explained how black farmers were receiving one-tenth of the yield as their white neighbors.

“Mother nature doesn’t discriminate,” Burrell said. “It doesn’t rain on white farms but not black farms. Insects don’t [only] attack black farmers’ land…why is it then that white farmers are buying Stine seed and their yield is 60, 70, 80, and 100 bushels of soybeans and black farmers who are using the exact same equipment with the exact same land, all of a sudden, your seeds are coming up 5, 6, and 7 bushels?”

The results were so stark, resulting in millions of dollars in losses, the farmers took their seeds for scientific testing by experts at Mississippi State University.

The tests revealed the black farmers had not been given the quality “certified” Stine seeds for which they had paid.

Burrell suggested a land grab was the ultimate motivation of the perpetrators.

“All we have to do is look at here: 80 years ago you had a million black farmers, today you have less than 5,000. These individuals didn’t buy 16 million acres of land, just to let it lay idle. The sons and daughters, the heirs of black farmers want to farm, just like the sons and daughters of white farmers.”

“So we have to acknowledge that racism is the motivation here,” Burrell concluded.

The farmers have filed a class-action lawsuit in United States District Court for the Western Division in Memphis.

A state legislator is also seeking an investigation into the scheme.

Tennessee Rep. G.A. Hardaway (D-Memphis) vowed state government would investigate “issues which have negatively impacted our black farmers.”

“We will explore the avenues — whether its civil, whether it’s criminal — dealing with fraud,” Rep. Hardaway vowed.

One farmer victimized, David Hall, explained why he had paid extra for high quality seeds.

“We bought nearly $90,000 worth of seed” Hall explained. “It’s been known to produce high yield, so you expect it, when you pay the money for it, to produce the high yields.”

The farmers “were effectively duped,” Burrell told WREG-TV. “It’s a double whammy for these farmers, it accelerates their demise and effectively it puts them out of business.”

“No matter much rain Mother Nature gives you, if the germination is zero the seed is impotent,” Burrell reminded.

Myron Stine of Stine Seed Company said in a statement:

“The lawsuit against Stine Seed Company is without merit and factually unsupportable. Stine takes seriously any allegations of unlawful, improper, or discriminatory conduct and is disturbed by the baseless allegations leveled against the company. Upon learning of these claims, the company took swift action to conduct an internal investigation, which has not revealed any evidence that would support these allegations. Stine intends to vigorously defend itself against this meritless lawsuit and has filed a motion to dismiss. Our focus is on continuing to serve all our customers with the highest degree of integrity and respect that are the bedrock of our company’s values.”

That lightskins vs darkskin BS is one of the best games white people played on us. Cuz it really makes no f'n sense. It's just a real mental game.

If you lived in a black neighborhood and you've seen all shades of fine sistahs. Dark, light, real dark, real light, medium, whatever. Social conditioning is real and _'s need to be honest themselves instead of using that "I just prefer lightskin girls" excuse. Nah, I'm not buying that if you grew up around black people.

'We Now Stand at a Crossroads.' Here's What Barack Obama Said During His First Big Speech Since He Left Office

293884104_5810308910001_5810304861001-th.jpg

http://time.com/5341180/barack-obama-south-africa-speech-transcript/

Former President Barack Obama gave his first significant speech since he left the Oval Office on Tuesday, commemorating the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s birth.

Speaking to a crowd of around 15,000 people at the 16th Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture in Johannesburg, Obama called the South African political leader “one of history’s true giants” and someone whose “progressive, democratic vision” helped shape international policies.

Obama touched on numerous topics ranging from the need to stand up for democracy and believe in facts to the current state of politics, though he never mentioned President Donald Trump by name.

“I am not being alarmist, I’m simply stating the facts,” Obama said. “Look around — strongman politics are ascendant, suddenly, whereby elections and some pretense of democracy are maintained, the form of it, but those in powers seek to undermine every institution or norm that gives democracy meaning.”

“Too much of politics today seems to reject the very concept of objective truth,” Obama said. “People just make stuff up. They just make stuff up.”

Obama also made a reference to Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election, saying social media “has proved to be just as effective promoting hatred and paranoia and propaganda and conspiracy theories.”

No more appreciation threads???
Why???

I know a lot vanished when the site format changed. Another black women appreciation thread was started but it got shut down. One of the owners of a pic that was posted whined and complained about it being linked here.

Alabama College Student Walks Almost 20 Miles Overnight to First Day of Work; CEO Gives Him His Car
636675068017075487-VPCSOCIAL-CEO-GIFTS-CAR-DESK-COURTESY-BELLHOPS-MOVING.jpg

Walter Carr's car broke down before his first day of work at Bellhops Moving. But a 20-mile walk couldn't stop this marine from showing up and it didn't go unnoticed. USA TODAY

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ks-14-miles-work-ceo-gifts-him-car/792519002/

What started as every employee's worst nightmare had a pretty happy ending for Walter Carr, 20, a college student from Alabama.

The night before Carr's first day on the job, his 2003 Nissan Altima broke down.

He called his friends and his girlfriend to try to get a ride, but nothing worked out. He checked his GPS and saw that without a car it would take him about 7 hours to get from his house in Homewood, Alabama, to the town of Pelham for his first day at Bellhops moving company.

He decided to walk.

Carr started his 20-mile trek sometime around midnight.

"I wanted to be there before 8," he said. "I wanted to beat the crew members there to let the company know how dedicated I am."

He made it about 14 miles to Pelham when police officers stopped him on the side of the road around 4 a.m.

"He was like, 'Where are you going?' and I was like, 'It’s hard to believe, it’s going to sound real crazy, but I’m actually headed to work.'" Carr said.

When they heard his story, the officers decided to take him to breakfast at Whataburger and made sure he got something for lunch, too.

Carr said the officers debated for a little while where they could safely drop him off and eventually landed on First Methodist Church. The officers said they would send someone to check on him.

https://www.gofundme.com/5pmd8-thank-you-walter

Alabama College Student Walks Almost 20 Miles Overnight to First Day of Work; CEO Gives Him His Car
636675068017075487-VPCSOCIAL-CEO-GIFTS-CAR-DESK-COURTESY-BELLHOPS-MOVING.jpg

Walter Carr's car broke down before his first day of work at Bellhops Moving. But a 20-mile walk couldn't stop this marine from showing up and it didn't go unnoticed. USA TODAY

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ks-14-miles-work-ceo-gifts-him-car/792519002/
What kinda ****ed up fam he got :smh:
Plus he was walking super slow
Like 2.8 miles an hour
No way that shoulda took that long

NYC Passing 'Junior's Law'. (Still Waiting for Trayvons', Mikes' and Tamirs' Laws)
Junior's Law: New York to introduce legislation requiring small businesses to be save havens for minors
Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz was murdered outside bodega last month

Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, 15, was attacked at a bodega in the Bronx borough of New York on June 19, 2018 (file photo) ( AP )

Following the shocking murder of Bronx teenager Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz outside a bodega, politicians have introduced legislation that will require small businesses to protect young children in their community.

Junior, 15, was dragged out of a convenience store and slashed with a machete by a gang around 11:40pm on 20 June. CCTV footage shows the attack and moment he was left for dead.

The tragic death that triggered the #JusticeJunior campaign has inspired New York State Senator Luis Sepúlveda and Assemblyman Victor Pichardo to propose Safe Havens for Endangered Children legislations, also called 'Junior's Law'.

Speaking alongside some of Junior’s family members outside at a press conference at the bodega where he sought help, Mr Sepulveda said more needed to be done to protect children in danger.

"We want to make sure that any business owner or their employees who encounter a situation involving a minor who has been abused or may be in danger has a duty to try to help,” he said. "Community businesses should be safe havens for our youth. They should promptly notify police.”

He added that another measure of the bill would ensure that small businesses to have first aid kits on hand “to help those who are injured to save lives”.

The proposed bill has the support of Junior’s father Lissandro Guzman, who said in a statement: "I feel very content and with all my heart I hope the bill that carries my son's name gets passed so it can prevent situations like this from happening again and so we can create more security for our beloved children.”

If passed, businesses that fails to “provide a safe refuge for a child who had physical injury inflicted upon him or is in imminent danger of such injury until authorities arrive,” would face penalties.

In the wake of Junior’s murder much of the anger was directed at the bodega, where he had sought refuge from the gang members. Surveillance footage from inside the Cruz and Chiky Grocery store showed the moment he rushed into the store and jumped over the counter.

Store owner Modesto Cruz said at the time that he tried to help the teen by letting him hide behind the counter, but the gang threatened him.
"When somebody go and jump all over the counter my first reaction was stop it," he recalled. “When he get down again and I recognised him and he came back again, so I tried to hold him I don't know what's going on. And when he told me they're looking for me, they're running for me, so I helped him bring him down.”

After the attack, the bleeding boy, who was a pupil at the Dr Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School, ran back into the bodega. In the video, a man appears to be pointing to the door.

Mr Cruz said he did not ask Junior to leave but he was pointing to a local hospital a block away, adding that he made two 911 calls from inside the deli but the emergency services were taking too long to arrive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom