Black Culture Discussion Thread

Anyone know of any black owned special-ed schools? Friend of mine is a special ed teacher (autism specialty) and the administration is treating her like ish for teachers with more time in but no drive and lower skills/certs. She needs to move to somewhere she'd be appreciated.

Anyone know of any black owned special-ed schools? Friend of mine is a special ed teacher (autism specialty) and the administration is treating her like ish for teachers with more time in but no drive and lower skills/certs. She needs to move to somewhere she'd be appreciated.
A better bet is to find a black ran school in stead of a black ran special Ed school.

Georgetown students vote overwhelming in favor of $27 fee for slavery reparation

Georgetown students vote overwhelming in favor of $27 fee for slavery reparations originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

Georgetown University could become the first college in the nation to mandate a fee to benefit descendants of slaves sold by the university nearly 200 years ago -- a debate that takes place against the backdrop of a broader political conversation unfolding on the 2020 presidential campaign trail about reparations.

By almost a 2-to-1 margin, students approved the measure, which still must be approved by the university to go into effect.

"Student referendums help to express important student perspectives but do not create university policy and are not binding," Matt Hill, the university's media relations manager, told ABC News in a statement. "The university will carefully review the results of the referendum, and regardless of the outcome, will remain committed to engaging with students, Descendants, and the broader Georgetown community and addressing its historical relationship to slavery."

The school's undergraduates voted Thursday on the referendum, which would increase tuition by $27.20 per semester to create a fund benefiting descendants of the 272 slaves sold to pay off the Georgetown Jesuits' debt -- a move that saved the university financially.

"The Jesuits sold my family and 40 other families so you could be here," sophomore Melisande Short-Colomb, a Georgetown student, said during a town hall to discuss the issue last week.

She's one of four students currently attending the university under an admissions policy that considers the descendants of the 272 slaves as "legacy" students.

LEBRON JAMES
SCHOOL CRUSHING EXPECTATIONS
... HUGE GAINS IN TEST SCORES

Lebron James he's INCREDIBLY PROUD of stats showing the students at his "I Promise" school in Akron are making tremendous gains in statewide testing ... just 1 year after it opened.

There are only 240 students in the inaugural 3rd and 4th grade classes at the Akron school -- but numbers obtained by the NY Times show test scores in math and reading were up BIG after the first year.

In reading, the 3rd and 4th graders had initially scored in the lowest percentile -- the 1%.

But, after a year, when the students took the district-wide exams, the 3rd graders JUMPED to the 9th percentile and the 4th graders moved to the 16th!

Take a second and reflect on that -- those are HUGE gains.

And that's not all ... when it came to math, the 3rd graders jumped from the 1% to the 18th percentile -- and 4th graders moved from the 2% to the 30th!!!!

When asked about the incredible improvements, LeBron told the Times, "These kids are doing an unbelievable job, better than we all expected."

He added, "When we first started, people knew I was opening a school for kids. Now people are going to really understand the lack of education they had before they came to our school."

"People are going to finally understand what goes on behind our doors."

So, what does go on behind their doors?

Besides access to teachers and materials, the school also provides clothing and snacks to families that need it ... which is partially funded by LeBron's foundation.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2019/04/12/lebron-james-school-students-test-scores/

lol.. He's asian. He looks indonesian to me. hahahahahahahhha.
Law enforcement disagrees

tigerwoodsarrestrecord.jpg

Sad how easily people can be lead online.
They've taught people to be literal, just so they can be mislead. This is what the so called educational system, especially the public school system, has done. The more literal a person is, the easier it is to bullskip them.

Back
Top Bottom