Black Culture Discussion Thread

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bad-medicine/

Before you mention me in your schtick next time please take the extra five minutes and check Google.

Children are dying everyday from preventable diseases and you outchea acting like a reactionary old person getting their news from Facebook.

So do me a favor; the next time you feel get article article confusing correlation does equal causation, has concerns of p-hacking, ignores exogenous factors, peddles soft race science, ignores a large body of work in the scientific field, and ignores all common sense, please don't even consider mentioning me.

Vaccinate your kids, and miss me with this.
What does all that have to do with what I said

Dude please, don't be dense.

You tried to call me out without doing simple research first.

So spare me.
Why is it u feel it as a call out
I @ u to call ur attention to the post
And for US to have a discussion
Nowhere near In any of my posts
Did I insult u
Or say anything derogatory towards u or ur character
But u come and in ur first few words throw shots
Why is it
The first thing u assume is me calling u out
Where do I ever call u out
unless we are plainly joking in a thread
I’d appreciate before u assume I’m calling u out
Or dissing u
U get clarification first
Was really hoping to have a good engaged convo
But kinda killed my mood for it

Black-Owned Mobile Barber Shop is Just Like Uber, But For Haircuts!

https://www.blackbusiness.org/2019/...SyCnyoHPqyFPebxkRjR8Q7JNjJOAmp1O_GJIgRFyrbIMo

In today's fast-paced world, most people would want convenient and quick service whether it be transportation, food, or anything so as to not waste too much time. Darren Tenkorang, a 24-year old Black entrepreneur from England, thought it would be profitable to use the same idea for male grooming. So, he co-founded Trim-It, a barber-shop-on-wheels that people can book via an app, basically like Uber!
BBC. "We live our life fast-paced."

He decided to join the StartUp Sussex enterprise competition for student entrepreneurs. He proposed an idea of an app that would allow people, not just those who use Afro-Caribbean barbers, to book an appointment at a salon for a fixed time with a particular barber.

In his proposal, he also added an idea of a mobile barber shop where barbers would drive to clients in a van. The idea, which he called Trim-It app, won the competition and Darren was named the University of Sussex's Student Entrepreneur of the Year.

He used the £10,000 prize (about $13,000 USD) and recruited fellow contender and student, Nana Darko, to make his idea into a reality. Together, they signed up barbers and built the app which was immediately swamped with bookings. They thought it was becoming successful until they came across inevitable challenges: unpunctual barbers resulted in negative customer feedback, and then they also eventually ran out of money.

Taking things to the next level

Eventually, they realized it was time to take a risk by means of the mobile barber vans. They sought financial support from family and friends. After raising a five-figure sum, they were once again ready to jump-start the business with their first van -- modified into a mini-barber shop powered by an electric generator -- and two full-time barbers in February 2018.

The power of word-of-mouth worked on them as a lot of men, mostly young, Black millennials and professionals, made bookings. They also worked with celebrity customers such as musicians Charlie Sloth and Sneakbo. In addition, more investors signed up with the business, allowing them to raise a six-figure sum.

Currently, there are three Trim-It vans in operation. While the relatively high cost of their haircut may not affect its success, they are still facing other obstacles including parking, traffic, climate change, and the sentimental attachment to visiting traditional barber shops. Despite that, Darren is still very much optimistic that he can modernize the barbering business.

"Mobile barbershops will be a thing, trust me," he said.

For more information about Trim-It, visit https://trimit.app

All of those have valid reasons for thinking there's something else at okay. Nipsey being murdered because of a Sebi documentary does not. Bot saying you're saying that but that's the basis on why he posted that. Everything isn't a conspiracy

Last edited:
All of those have valid reasons for thinking there's something else at okay. Nipsey being murdered because of a Senior documentary does not. Bot saying you're saying that but that's the basis on why he posted that. Everything isn't a conspiracy
I don't even look at that post as something to do with Nipsey. None of us know why he was murdered.

That post shoulda been titled "Why black people don't trust the government, cops or the white media". Everything on that list was proven lies.

Forced Marriage as a 12-Year-Old Girl: The Life of America's Last Slave Ship Survivor

Redoshi was taken to America on the Clotilda, the last known slave ship. She lived until 1937.

Like many African people forced into American slavery, Redoshi was only a child when slave traders chained her to their boat. Kidnapped at age 12 in what is now Benin, she became a prisoner on the Clotilda, the last known slave ship to smuggle people into the United States. And, as one scholar in the United Kingdom has discovered, she became the last known surviving member of that ship: Redoshi lived until 1937, a full 72 years after slavery’s abolition.

Before scholar Hannah Durkin of Newcastle University identified Redoshi, the last known survivor of the Clotilda was Oluale Kossola, a man captured at age 19 in West Africa who lived until 1935 as “Cudjo Lewis.” Both he and Redoshi were among the more than 100 African children, teenagers and young adults who arrived in Alabama on the illegal slave ship in 1860, one year before the Civil War.

Slave traders forced the 12-year-old Redoshi to be the “wife” of an adult enslaved man who spoke a different language. The traders then sold Redoshi and the man as a couple to Washington Smith, founder of Alabama’s Bank of Selma. Later, Redoshi described this forced child marriage to the civil rights activist Amelia Boynton Robinson.

“I was 12 years old and he was a man from another tribe who had a family in Africa,” Redoshi is quoted as saying in Boynton Robinson’s memoir, Bridge Across Jordan. “I couldn’t understand his talk and he couldn’t understand me. They put us on block together and sold us for man and wife.”

For nearly five years, Redoshi worked in the house and the fields of Smith’s Bogue Chitto plantation in Dallas County. Smith also forced her to take a new name, “Sally Smith.” Redoshi conceived and gave birth to her daughter on the plantation. When emancipation came to all states on June 19, 1865—aka Juneteenth—Redoshi was only about 17 years old.

With few options, and no means to travel back home to her family in West Africa, she continued to live on the Bogue Chitto plantation with her daughter. She and other enslaved people later came to own around 6,000 acres of land on the plantation, where she spent the rest of her life.

Durkin found evidence of Redoshi’s life in an incredible variety of sources—Boynton Robinson’s memoir, Zora Neale Hurston’s unpublished writings and even a film. That film containing footage of Redoshi is the only known footage of a female survivor of the transatlantic slave trade. Durkin published her research on Redoshi in the 2019 volume of Slavery & Abolition.

“The only other documents we have of African women’s experiences of transatlantic slavery are fleeting allusions that were typically recorded by slave owners, so it is incredible to be able to tell Redoshi’s life story,” Durkin said in a Newcastle press release. “Rarely do we get to hear the story of an individual woman, let alone see what she looked like, how she dressed and where she lived.”

Sylviane A. Diouf, a visiting professor at Brown University’s Center for the Study of Slavery and Justice, says that Redoshi’s “story is valuable in and of itself,” but cautions that we shouldn’t be overly focused on which survivor was “the last” one.
“There were lots of very young people on the Clotilda and some may have died even later than she,” says Diouf, who is also author of Dreams of Africa in Alabama: The Slave Ship Clotilda and the Story of the Last Africans Brought to America.

“The importance is not whether she was the last one, or Cudjo was the last one… To have your story written about, that is important.”

My moms sent me this vid. In the video she talks about topics from the Berlin Conference to colonial tax to the African trade agreement.

Black Entrepreneur from Alabama Launches Telecom Company Already Valued at $5.9 Million

http://www.blacknews.com/news/chaym...r-alabama-telecom-company-valued-5-9-million/

Nationwide — Tesix Wireless, a telecommunications company announced its launching in summer 2018. It has since gandered the attention of interested customers and private investors with interest in the startup. With their interest, Tesix Wireless received investing and acquisition offers from investors taking the company to $5.9 million dollars in value.

Although Tesix Wireless launch is set for January 2019, the company has managed to generate 3,000+ early wait list subscribers in under a 3-week time frame. They’ve further generated numerous pre-sales for their network’s Sim Kits from enthusiastic customers looking to switch.

Tesix Wireless was found by 24-year old Alabamian entrepreneur Chaymeriyia Moncrief under her parent company Chaymeriyia Brands and Co. She started the telecom company because of her own bad experience with large carriers.

“Dealing with bill unpredictability is something that we’ve all experienced; being locked in contracts with ever-changing rates and unnecessary fees is one of the biggest issues consumers have with their carriers,” she states.

While it is remarkable that Tesix Wireless achieved the nearly $6 million dollar valuation, it is stepping into an ambitious space of MVNOs but this has not held founder back from seeing her own advantage in the market.

“I know that I am stepping into a crowded market with other telecom companies to go up against but that doesn’t set me back. We at Tesix Wireless find great advantage in being able to offer slightly less competitive rates, fee-less monthly bills, more wireless flexibility and connecting with our customers on a more personal and peer to peer level.

“To be able to be in a moment where a company that I have started is valued at millions before it’s even launched is just beyond me. If Tesix has gained this level of valuation now it is only more exciting to see where it’s going. I’ve worked at this for 5 years and now that I am putting it into action, I plan to build an amazing company that makes its mark in the telecom space,” she expresses.

Tesix Wireless has no plans of opening any worldwide storefronts like many carriers. Wanting to keep their rates low and affordable, they believe eliminating excessive overhead is one way to achieve this.

To learn more about Tesix Wireless, visit the network’s website at www.tesixwireless.com

Back
Top Bottom