Black Culture Discussion Thread

Carmichael's sitcom was a very good black sitcom. It was like grounded black reality weaved into the classic sitcom tropes, from a black creator.

I really enjoyed it.

I think people misunderstood his last "stand up". It wasnt supposed to be all funny. :lol:

Rothaniel was great, it explained his past comedy and basically addressed the criticism I had of him before, ie dry, cold, impersonal. With this last special ahh, I see why.

Rothaniel was great, it explained his past comedy and basically addressed the criticism I had of him before, ie dry, cold, impersonal. With this last special ahh, I see why.

I think thats just his "thing". I dont think he goes for traditional punchlines. I do think he is cold but I wouldnt say he is "impersonal". Its a unique style of comedy.

She explained in her Instagram post that she did not like the tone he had used when asking her to get off the phone, before claiming that he then proceeded to stand over her and demand to look at the mobile to check it was in Airplane Mode.

'Prior to the video this gentleman asked me to get off a cell phone call, I did,' her caption read.

'I stated to him I didn't like the tone he used with me. Following that while standing in front of me doing the safety protocols he continued to lean over to look at my phone. He asked to see that my phones were in airplane more at this point. He demanded that me show him. Which I did in front of him.'

The video showed her speaking to the camera, saying that she was on 'vacation time' before

In her comments, Emmitt Williams said, “For the men on that plane to not stick up for her y’all LAME AF wouldn’t stood up for my queen.”​

e6d.jpg

Not that there's a price to authentic African cuisine, but man they're relatively expensive. And I'm compelled to tip too....

I keep seeing all these accounts saying brace yourselves/your going to be triggered by the footage of Tyre Nichols murder.

My question is WTF are people watching this in the first place?? like what new information are you receiving from watching the 1000th police lynching

Watching the responses online for the Grammy's hiphop tribute.... and my god is this culture in love with empty gestures :lol:

They STILL giving out the majority of hip hop awards before the show is on air.... but the entire culture is there smiling & dancing along :smh:

Watching the responses online for the Grammy's hiphop tribute.... and my god is this culture in love with empty gestures :lol:

They STILL giving out the majority of hip hop awards before the show is on air.... but the entire culture is there smiling & dancing along :smh:
Who gives a F about a G D Grammy? I was hoping Chuck would work that in. And now after what they did with 'yonce, it would have been epic

THIS x 100, that's why i was so confused when spcifically the hiphop community took such offense to this shirt, A masterful troll but also someone acknowledging the harsh reality of black celebrity

027fea9a-d429-409e-b2fa-ceebcf6c2695_3627aea2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom