Black Culture Discussion Thread

All these rappers that promote LVMH products for free/pennies and all the black folk that consume this garbage have made Arnault the richest man on earth. Liquor(Henny) and designer clothes :smh:

While i do agree that hiphop gives this a huge boost & black people absolutely contribute.... A Majority of this mans wealth comes from other cultures. Black people aren't the only ones with an unrealistic value on luxury items, we just honestly don't have the luxury these other cultures have to be so hyper focused on this type of ****

Bethune Cookman, Jackson State, Howard University, Southern University, etc. showed the world what time it is.

Gatekeepers and bottom feeders Fam.

Best to get with some like-minded folks if you can.

If you can't then get yours on your own and mind your own business.

Learned a long time ago that most black folks are lost in the sauce...

Gucci was smarter than 99% of the folks I went to college with (including the staff) :smh:

"No meat. Just sauce" - BARS!

THIS x 100, that's why i was so confused when spcifically the hiphop community took such offense to this shirt, A masterful troll but also someone acknowledging the harsh reality of black celebrity

027fea9a-d429-409e-b2fa-ceebcf6c2695_3627aea2.jpg

Huh? that shirt is disgusting. What are u talking about?

Huh? that shirt is disgusting. What are u talking about?

Call it what you like, The fact of the matter is that when it comes to hiphop culture It's alarmingly true.

This culture is INFATUATED with Whiteness, White business managers, White accountants, White lawyers, White label owners, White Jewelers, Constant bragging about moving to neighborhoods with white neighbors, obsession with European cars & European vacations, have their children taught in majority white spaces, don't accept any academic that isn't stamped by white universities

I could go on & on, but a shirt stating white lives matter is disgusting :lol: . This culture shows us daily that white lives matter ALOT to them.

Bethune Cookman, Jackson State, Howard University, Southern University, etc. showed the world what time it is.

Gucci was smarter than 99% of the folks I went to college with (including the staff) :smh:

Sooner people realize this, the better. Everyone, isn’t for everybody. That goes for people who look like you.

You’ll drive yourself nuts trying to appease people.

Came across this earlier & just look at the pushback she's getting. Now i'm not personally a fan of trying to force people into careers just for the potential prospect of making money/social acceptance, but i also don't think she's wylin trying to guide her children into certain career paths.

In a world where are children are still being beaten down with the prospect of just being entertainers, i don't think this mindset i bad at all

HELL NO, the tweet from that mother is ignorant as hell. You absolutely cannot tell your children what they should do for the rest of their life, you give them suggestions and guide them in the right path but to tell them this is what you have to do is ignorant as hell

Meh - if I had kids then that would be my stance too.

If you aren't going to college for STEM/something that pays a good salary then you can pay for college yourself.

I ain't about to spend $90k on a basket-weaving degree. :lol:

I see both sides of the argument, on one hand you don't want to instill the thought that more money/higher perceived jobs = happiness & success. On the other hand being a strugglin influencer or freelance writer aint exactly guaranteed happiness either :lol:

I was more taken back at people pushing against the idea that she wants to put her children in position to help the family in the long run. given all the things black people in America face as a whole, i think everyones goal should be to build a successful family/Group that is able to help one another

I see both sides of the argument, on one hand you don't want to instill the thought that more money/higher perceived jobs = happiness & success. On the other hand being a strugglin influencer or freelance writer aint exactly guaranteed happiness either :lol:

I was more taken back at people pushing against the idea that she wants to put her children in position to help the family in the long run. given all the things black people in America face as a whole, i think everyones goal should be to build a successful family/Group that is able to help one another

She should set up a "Go Fund Me" and see how many of those same folks put something on her kid's "basket weaving" books. :lol:

College is not the place to be "figuring it out".

Parents are the ones that are supposed to protect their kids...especially from themselves/making poor decisions.

I bet the majority of folks that had the most to say in the comments have student loans and not even working in the same field as their major SMH.

While i do agree that hiphop gives this a huge boost & black people absolutely contribute.... A Majority of this mans wealth comes from other cultures. Black people aren't the only ones with an unrealistic value on luxury items, we just honestly don't have the luxury these other cultures have to be so hyper focused on this type of ****
I would argue that black people are the taste makers in modern society. Black people deem something cool and everyone adopts it. Like Jordans and AF1s. So we contribute directly and indirectly.

I would argue that black people are the taste makers in modern society. Black people deem something cool and everyone adopts it. Like Jordans and AF1s. So we contribute directly and indirectly.

we 100% influence the "cool" the hype items absolutely.... But a lot of those brands are over 100 years old & have been a mainstay in american culture before we ever touched them. I work close to Soho in NYC those type of stores (LV, Chanel, YL etc etc) are usually packed with other ethnicities.

That Old money is different

College is not the place to be "figuring it out".
College used to be that, mostly because it was accessible. States have been cutting post-secondary education budgets because Americans don't see the value of the university when it comes to building well-rounded citizens/adults. Unfortunately, we're all suffering for it.

Parents are the ones that are supposed to protect their kids...especially from themselves/making poor decisions.

After you've paid for that engineering degree, nothing is going to keep your child in the field if they have no interest in it. I know folks who got eng. degrees (from very good schools) and ended up in grad school for psychology, or their music career. Another decided to get married and raise her family even though she got excellent offers when she graduated.

And all this is before we talk about all the ways in which the field will grind your spirit down if you're not in it because you like it, from the mundane tasks to difficult/cheap clients and management with unrealistic timelines. People who go into engineering, medicine, law because of money/peer pressure tend to burn out fast.

College used to be that, mostly because it was accessible. States have been cutting post-secondary education budgets because Americans don't see the value of the university when it comes to building well-rounded citizens/adults. Unfortunately, we're all suffering for it.

After you've paid for that engineering degree, nothing is going to keep your child in the field if they have no interest in it. I know folks who got eng. degrees (from very good schools) and ended up in grad school for psychology, or their music career. Another decided to get married and raise her family even though she got excellent offers when she graduated.

And all this is before we talk about all the ways in which the field will grind your spirit down if you're not in it because you like it, from the mundane tasks to difficult/cheap clients and management with unrealistic timelines. People who go into engineering, medicine, law because of money/peer pressure tend to burn out fast.

Glad I don't have kids.

If I did I'd raise them the best way I could by giving them the tools to survive in this world.

After that - it's all up to them.

All I know is they won't be laying up in my house past a certain age.

If birds are smart enough to figure it out then I'm not sure why humans are having such a hard time. :lol:

There's a part of "black culture" you don't experience everyday. I don't even know anyone that has bleached their skin tmk.

Vybz Cartel, a lot of Haitian, Jamaican and carribean people do it. I’ve always laughed at them.

Imagine being the most envied people, but resorting to skin bleaching. Could never be me!

A lot of south Florida people and like I said, people from the islands do it. Glad my moms taught me about self confidence and empowerment.

Vybz Cartel, a lot of Haitian, Jamaican and carribean people do it. I’ve always laughed at them.

Imagine being the most envied people, but resorting to skin bleaching. Could never be me!

A lot of south Florida people and like I said, people from the islands do it. Glad my moms taught me about self confidence and empowerment.
I do remember hearing something about Vybz now that you mention it and am also recalling the Sammy Sosa picture that was going around before.

It's done all throughout the diaspora. Africa, Asia, Carribean and even here in America under the guise of dermatology.

It's done all throughout the diaspora. Africa, Asia, Carribean and even here in America under the guise of dermatology.

I didn’t mean to single out the carribean my brother. You what I mean. I just dislike it amongst all our diaspora but if people feel the need or it boosts their confidence , so be it.

It’s not for me. I’ll never direct my progeny or relatives to do it but to each their own

How does one go about bleaching their skin tho? Srs

Not interested just wondering. Seems like it would be tedious I assume.

FYI - Vybz Karel is the greatest musician of all time

lol I just had to sneak that in

Back
Top Bottom