Black Culture Discussion Thread

Everybody be tryna talk and act black anyway. It's kinda creepy. Had an older 50 something white dude at one of my jobs give me the brotha handshake when I met him. In 5 years when all these black acting teens grow up, gentrified black culture will be the standard
Yea the white youth on all levels have adapted our slang in their speech…They say it’s lit in Beverly Hills and talk about opps in West Virginia :lol:

Yea the white youth on all levels have adapted our slang in their speech…They say it’s lit in Beverly Hills and talk about opps in West Virginia :lol:

Mfers gentrified “hit a lick” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw a YouTube comment that said “hit the most devious of licks” :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

I was like yeah it’s over out here. I knew I reached elderly status

Screenshot_20230903_153423_Chrome.jpg

I mentioned this story in another thread. This is the only grocery store in this area. With that being said the Giant regional upper management team needs to come out and make a corporate statement saying that unless this store makes a significant profit for the month of September they will close this location permanently.

That means it’s up to the law abiding citizens in this community to police this grocery store by committee. By policing by committee I mean for the hours of operation for this Giant there needs to be a group of citizens stopping any and all shoplifting and theft being committed. If for some reason someone runs out the store with items in hand they pull out there cellphone and get a license plate tag, the Metro bus they hopped on, a video and picture of the suspect, something to point out who the criminals are.

It’s time for the good community members to step up and help get rid of the bad community members. Otherwise they’ll be left with getting 3 square meals a day from McDonald’s instead of having the option to go to a grocery store with better food items.

Take it with a grain of salt but I was told they're not closing giant but they're going to stop selling tide pods and other name brands products that are being stolen and replace them with giant brand products..

Take it with a grain of salt but I was told they're not closing giant but they're going to stop selling tide pods and other name brands products that are being stolen and replace them with giant brand products..

That might be the “public statement” for now but if Giant is pulling the name brand products off the shelves best believe the option to close the location isn’t not too far off the table. One Walmart already pulled out of town (H Street), and I wouldn’t be surprised if and when Giant finally decides to pull the plug on their Alabama Avenue location.

At the end of the day the main objective in business is to make a profit. Giant is LOSING 20% of its inventory at this location and bleeding out funds. Like I said earlier, it’s up to the good citizens, local politicians and community leaders to do what’s necessary by not only calling out the bad citizens that are ruining this Giant but to stop the bad citizens from stealing from this location so that this situation doesn’t turn into a case study on how a food dessert in a black community begins.

Best concept for reparations Ive heard so far: Tax Exemption.

You check that box Black/Afro american on your job applocation and you get your full check. No taxes taken out. We have paid our debt to society via our ancestor.

Folks cant get mad we getting a huge check (to just give back to the economy.) We get that money that we earned in full perpituity.

Best concept for reparations Ive heard so far: Tax Exemption.

You check that box Black/Afro american on your job applocation and you get your full check. No taxes taken out. We have paid our debt to society via our ancestor.

Folks cant get mad we getting a huge check (to just give back to the economy.) We get that money that we earned in full perpituity.

No. Did the Jews ask for tax exemption? Did the Native Americans ask for tax exemption? Did the Japanese ask for tax exemptions?

No. All received lumps sums or got checks spread out over the course of years.

Why do WE think like this? Damn a tax exemption. Give us our lump
sum or spread it out over years. C’mon bruh

That’s not a “best concept” dude. Why do y’all think like this? Cut us the full allotment of our checks and keep it moving

Low-hanging fruit, but always going to be a convo as long as we have reactionaries among us

Yeah. If you’re letting a person like Sexxy Redd affect your everyday life, then that’s a problem that you need to take up with god (not you of course) but the people who are so bothered by her.

We live in a world in which raunch and shock value, sexual innuendo is at an all time high, like she won’t be the first or last.

People bothered by any and everything like, man I’ve never pressed play on her, Megan or cardi b type music. Some people just hate to admit that they want those type of women

No. Did the Jews ask for tax exemption? Did the Native Americans ask for tax exemption? Did the Japanese ask for tax exemptions?

That’s not a “best concept” dude. Why do y’all think like this? Cut us the full allotment of our checks and keep it moving
Don’t forget tangible assets such as land, infrastructure.

Because I have heard, and been having this convo damn near my whole life. And not much has changed in lifetime. And as time moves forward I believe it only get bleaker. (Took japanese 50yrs to get paid. When did slavery end??) There are miniscule glimmers of hope here and there (CA) but Ive grown jaded that they will pay us anything at all.

Im thinking tax exemption is unlimited money because the benefits we created for other have been unlimited vs. a capped dollar amount.

Bruh, at this point I just want something done.

Last edited:
Don’t forget tangible assets such as land, infrastructure.

I watch Yellowstone and 1923…. literally were PAID to go out west and developed and explore… given free land.

…. While they had us stuck down south picking cotton

I watch Yellowstone and 1923…. literally were PAID to go out west and developed and explore… given free land.

…. While they had us stuck down south picking cotton
Lol it wasn’t free. They had to fight the occupants which were the varying Native American tribes.

Lol it wasn’t free. They had to fight the occupants which were the varying Native American tribes.

They fought… had the upperhand stole it, but the point I’m is, they were sent out west to do that and develop it by way of orders from the government.

So the homestead act of 1862 meant what…..?

The land was FREE once they exterminated the Native Americans. That’s a fact.

Blacks weren’t told to move west and help the cause :lol: :lol:

Once they fought off the occupants it was what… free. Except the areas where they found gold then, other elite forces got involved but that land was free once they accomplished their goal.

They fought… had the upperhand stole it, but the point I’m is, they were sent out west to do that and develop it by way of orders from the government.

So the homestead act of 1862 meant what…..?

The land was FREE once they exterminated the Native Americans. That’s a fact.

Blacks weren’t told to move west and help the cause :lol: :lol:

Once they fought off the occupants it was what… free. Except the areas where they found gold then, other elite forces got involved but that land was free once they accomplished their goal.
False. Although the Homestead Act initially favored white individuals, the Civil Rights Act of 1866 extended the opportunity to Black people and other minorities to acquire land. Black individuals did indeed obtain land during that period, but it was unfortunately taken away from them through various means.

"Nicodemus, in Kansas, founded in the 1870s, is the best-known black homesteader settlement and the oldest one west of the Mississippi. It is the only one still occupied and is now a National Historic Site. Even so, its First Baptist Church, African Methodist Episcopal Church and other historic buildings are in such poor shape that they cannot be opened to the public. The National Park Service is failing in its responsibility to maintain this historic site.
These places are precious not just to descendants but to all Americans, and their loss is a national shame. The homesteading story is usually told as one of white Americans’ westward movement. But the 1862 Homestead Act had no racial restrictions, and after the 1866 Civil Rights Act clarified that black Americans were citizens, they too were entitled to 160 acres of public land if they paid a modest fee and lived on the property continuously for five years.
Some black homesteaders, former slaves, tried to settle on public lands in the South, but relentless white violence mostly defeated them. In the Great Plains, they found success. A significant colony (as it was called) of about 150 people thrived at Blackdom, near Roswell, N.M., during the opening decades of the 20th century. Dearfield was home to more than 200 homesteaders."

False. Although the Homestead Act initially favored white individuals, the Civil Rights Act of 1866 extended the opportunity to Black people and other minorities to acquire land. Black individuals did indeed obtain land during that period, but it was unfortunately taken away from them through various means.

"Nicodemus, in Kansas, founded in the 1870s, is the best-known black homesteader settlement and the oldest one west of the Mississippi. It is the only one still occupied and is now a National Historic Site. Even so, its First Baptist Church, African Methodist Episcopal Church and other historic buildings are in such poor shape that they cannot be opened to the public. The National Park Service is failing in its responsibility to maintain this historic site.
These places are precious not just to descendants but to all Americans, and their loss is a national shame. The homesteading story is usually told as one of white Americans’ westward movement. But the 1862 Homestead Act had no racial restrictions, and after the 1866 Civil Rights Act clarified that black Americans were citizens, they too were entitled to 160 acres of public land if they paid a modest fee and lived on the property continuously for five years.
Some black homesteaders, former slaves, tried to settle on public lands in the South, but relentless white violence mostly defeated them. In the Great Plains, they found success. A significant colony (as it was called) of about 150 people thrived at Blackdom, near Roswell, N.M., during the opening decades of the 20th century. Dearfield was home to more than 200 homesteaders."

thank you for dispelling this MYTH

i have 4 ancestors that received land under the Homestead Act. i recently ordered and received my ancestors land grant documents and land certificate from the National Archives

i hate how easy it is for us to believe in conspiracies and myths than it is for us to do the homework for ourselves on our own families and lineage.

Back
Top Bottom