Black Culture Discussion Thread

A black DA representing a black county, where probably the most powerful white man in the world attempted to discard their votes (votes that they could've been physically intimidated or killed for less than a century ago) indicted and processed a former president for the first time-- And we're over here arguing about whether it's progress or not?

Dudes are weird man. It's the implicit desire to paint other black people as sheep and raccoons that always gets me. Do you, I guess

A black DA representing a black county, where probably the most powerful white man in the world attempted to discard their votes (votes that they could've been physically intimidated or killed for less than a century ago) indicted and processed a former president for the first time-- And we're over here arguing about whether it's progress or not?

Dudes are weird man. It's the implicit desire to paint other black people as sheep and raccoons that always gets me. Do you, I guess

Pin this too

🫡📌📍

This **** legit the twilight zone out here, ***** bailed out off the Rico charge, hopped on a private jet & started selling merch & ****** in here talking about justice

The separation is needed

if it wasn't a big deal then folks celebrating it would be even less of one-- but you resent black folks who don't share your political frame and want us to be as cool as you. That's fine, do your thing

This like the 10th time Trump been cornered. I expect him to become president again before going to jail
Yeah, it’s like celebrating before you reach the finish line. Now imagine he dodges punishment and gets re-elected. That means you were excited for some cheap victory cause he got a mugshot?

Even if Trump gets arrested & actually does time cool laugh & meme it up, rejoice all ya'll want. I just get confused when people start talkin as if it's some sort of progress for black people or a stand against "white supremacy". When in fact the ONLY reason Trump is going down s because some other white men who bask in supremacy ain't like how he was moving.

**** is like when cops do a raid, throw all the drugs & guns on the table & say they cleaning up the street...... Knowing damn well by the end of the night there's 10 new ****** eyeying that very same spot & proceeding to buy more drugs & guns :lol:

If ****** wanna celebrate the illusion be my guest, but At least acknowledge that its just that & nothing more.

This **** legit the twilight zone out here, ***** bailed out off the Rico charge, hopped on a private jet & started selling merch & ****** in here talking about justice

The separation is needed
I don’t see anybody here saying a mugshot is REAL justice or progress…You just might be bringing whatever is annoying you on Twitter/social media to NT again :lol: :smh:

All is see is dudes saying it was funny and good to see yo have to go thru that nothing more…But feel free to point out where you getting anything else from in here :nerd:

To get a white man who holds the power that Trump does to the standard of all regular folks isn't something to scoff at. Not sure why it's necessary to trivialize black ppl fighting for progress just because it doesn't fit your standard of revolution

I took the statement to mean that black people can take satisfaction from someone having Trump, Gulliani and others actually take a mugshot as some sort of justice, because they were finally treated like regular people. Meaning they received no entitlement.
Just a reminder where the whole conversation came from.

The funny this is, if you ever been to jail, normal people do take a mugshot and bounce out in 20 minutes, so he STILL GOT THE ENTITLEMENT. A lot of the stuff folks in here mad at didn't have anything to do with anything. No one said not to crack jokes. Hell, you can do that regardless of the outcome. I guess people think having a mug shot can ruin your life? idk. All I was trying to say is, before we got to high fiving and fist bumping, let see what type of time he gets.

And if you're going to buy merch, make sure its an actual black person you're buying it from. Not a SM account with a black avatar.

The funny this is, if you ever been to jail, normal people do take a mugshot and bounce out in 20 minutes, so he STILL GOT THE ENTITLEMENT. A lot of the stuff folks in here mad at didn't have anything to do with anything. No one said not to crack jokes. Hell, you can do that regardless of the outcome. I guess people think having a mug shot can ruin your life? idk. All I was trying to say is, before we got to high fiving and fist bumping, let see what type of time he gets.
Two things, obviously a former President isn’t going to be processed like a normal person :lol:

But yea, I don’t see any high fiving or fist bumping. Y’all are using this as an opportunity to argue against things y’all don’t like that you see elsewhere :lol:. We all know the system is rotten from top to bottom. Policing how people should respond in this moment just doesn’t have the effect you think it does

I still don’t get the issue with laughing at a picture …But maybe some folks plugged in onto something deeper with this I’m not seeing, shout out to them then but Trump still ugly and he had to take the mugshot :lol: 🤷🏾‍♂️

TBH I was laughing at Joy Reid's dome more than Trump's mugshot.

looney-tunes-tweety.gif

Again man y’all ****** just be straight up picking & choosing what y’all wanna see at this point.

Y’all right everyone was just laughing at Trump there was no discussion of anything else, here or anywhere else…. Got it

Again man y’all ****** just be straight up picking & choosing what y’all wanna see at this point.

Y’all right everyone was just laughing at Trump there was no discussion of anything else, here or anywhere else…. Got it

Do you want to talk about how the Trump campaign is comparing Trumps mugshot to 2pac, and they’re saying they now have the majority of the black male vote…because Trump got booked? :lol:

That is the LOUDEST convo right now. And the most money behind it. The ***** Trump, just shouted out Zone 1-6 in ATL. He said shoutout to “bankhead” & Vine city :rofl:

Like 24 hours after saying those places are sht-hole countries etc lol

They literally are paying 🦝 ******s pennys to act and fake protest.

And you take issue with some jokes/and laughs at Trump getting booked. Nobody cares anymore. Let him rot. If he beats his cases….what. Is. New?

You legit bring your twitter beefs into NT talk. And choose to ignore other ****. So who really is picking and choosing?

It is almost Sept. let’s move the Trump mugshot x How Black people are dumb for making jokes about it talk….to another thread.

This thread ain’t even about that. Or y’all just wanna get angst and takes off about people you hate :lol:

Yea let the lil negroes speak how they want so in 12 years when they want to get hired we will have a reason to call them unprofessional.

I disagree with both takes.

Language and culture are intrinsically linked, so I'd be careful to label Black American speech patterns as "wrong." Colonialism did a great job at eliminating the practice of African languages through the education system, and it has taken a conscientious effort in some countries to revive interest in this important element of African identity. We can see the same thing in places where most people speak a creolized version of the once-dominant European language. You don't want to see the same thing happen to Black children, especially since there's real history behind the development of AAVE.

With that said, as students, they must know how to make their speech match the social context they're in and their audience. The teachers are doing the right thing to correct them within the context of the classwork. As long as they know how and where to use "proper" English, I don't have an issue with them also using more informal forms of English or their own regional dialects.

Back
Top Bottom