Black Culture Discussion Thread

See………this is what makes an ICON. It’s about having LEGENDARY stories. Which is why Jordan is an ICON and Lebron is not. There simply are no legendary stories……or least positive legendary stories about Lebron, they are all negative.

Forcing your team to draft your below average basketball playing son……..nothing legendary about that, saying your going to participate in the dunk contest only to back out because your scared of the competition…..nothing legendary about that, talking about your going to win championships for the Miami Heat……”not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7”……….only for you to jump ship and skip town when you can’t even fulfill half of that order……..NOTHING legendary about that.

You add up all those factors……..that makes for no legend, which means no ICON. Which means you dudes are like Martin at the DMV………you dudes are going to have to start from scratch.

Forcing your team to draft your below average basketball playing son……..nothing legendary about that,
Im not a Lebron fan. At all. But sayinbg you want to be the first NBA player to play with his son, years in advance and actually pulling it off, love it or hate it, agree or disagree, failure or success, thats going to be talked about for years.

Im not a Lebron fan. At all. But sayinbg you want to be the first NBA player to play with his son, years in advance and actually pulling it off, love it or hate it, agree or disagree, failure or success, thats going to be talked about for years.

Nah…….not really. Folks already see it for what it is this very day. A made up feel good story that he came up with in an effort to get folks to view him in high regard.

Folks calling him….and his below average son out for this publicity stunt. Black folks gotta stop clout chasing out here……in hopes of having something legendary to talk about. Remember champ…..the key word in my statement was “FORCING”…..meaning the below average kid didn’t EARN it. Folks ain’t respecting that.

All this is semantics really. I don't get having that much hate for a player that clearly doesn't deserve it. Lebron is a basketball legend, and that's undeniable. He's an all time great. Undeniable. Instant hall of fame player by multiple significant metrics.

We're in the Black Culture thread. None of our heroes or role models are without significant faults. What's the point of hating on Lebron here in such a sustained and dogged way? Doesn't make sense.

That’s another thing too…..dudes gotta stop using the word “hating” just because someone has an opposing view or simply doesn’t go along just to get along. Some of you dudes are going to start using better word choice.

Realistically, how does that proceed? Sure in some cases everybody stops bullying. Or the bullies tell their family members and their family members go "Sure, she's right. You should stop being mean. " and the bullies go "Yeah, I mean I know I'm a teen and my brain isn't fully developed, but I'm going to really stop being mean to other kids and really focus on other things that are more important long term in life".

Like sure, maybe a couple of the bullies and their families - it plays out that way. How does it play out in other cases, realistically?

And is that good for the black community? Or bad for us?

Or is this an "I don't care" thing?

Lets go back to the OG post in this thread:

I think the OG post has been responded to a few times and boils down to us not having the same definition of "winning" and larger American ills being a shadow that we haven't been able to get from under.

While not impossible that this thread would be centered around strategy and building, it would take a whole lot of work due to the geography of issues and various capacities of folks. Takes folks being brave enough to identify an issue that is winnable, that everyone would be down to particpate in and is a step towards answering the larger problems

Okay, not hating. Exhibiting an irrationally high level of disdain for someone who hasn't been involved in any real scandal in the NBA while simultaneously being a pretty decent role model on the way to amassing some of the most incredible stats in a professional sport for 22 seasons.

Not hating, but spending an inordinate amount of time spewing vitriol toward someone who by all accounts is a pretty decent person and who has brought championships to three different cities and done it in multiple ways. First it was with a hall of fame coach and two other big name players at the time when opposing defenses could consider just leaving him open to shoot a jump shot as a possible option to try to win games. They lost that bet.

Next it was being the undisputed best player while leading a bunch of good but not great players along with a talented but inexperienced young hothead, to bring a chip to his home town. There's nothing really to hate...err...loathe there. He went back to his home town and fulfilled the "chosen one" tattoo.

And so on and so forth, you get it. I'm sure you know. So you can think what you want and believe what you want, nobody has a problem with that. The issue I pointed out is that it just feels personal or motivated by something not spoken.

Because I hate....uh... can't stand a lot of players in the NBA. Johnathan Isaac or however he spells his name. His bootlicking *** irks the hell out of me. Barkley. Loved him growing up but he's said some things on air that were just wild out of pocket. KJ from back in the day on the Suns. Dude was damn near my idol when I was a young guard trying to dunk on people but he's since shown himself to be a horrible, horrible person. You can look up what he's done on wikipedia.

Karl Malone is a damn child molester. I'm sickened by him.

So there are all sorts of issues I have with NBA players. I'm all fine with people not liking players....it just seems odd to have that level of dislike for one of the league's greatest players ever. In a black culture thread no less. If everyone here agrees Lebron is an "Icon", do you lose a bet? Like do you owe more on your rent this month? :lol:

IMG_5781.jpeg
IMG_5782.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom