Black Culture Discussion Thread

I hear you. Her history is still funny.

She's been kinda all over the place on certain issues. Again, all this stuff about she's super black. What is she going to do for black people. 5 years she said nothing and that's a reason why she had no momentum against a 100 year old Biden. Then he grabbed her and gave her some life.

You hear me….but you was posting something about her that wasn’t true.

I’m just saying, a lot of **** ppl don’t like her for…..is just flat out racist lies or some woman hating bs. That some of our people seem to be eating up (including you in this thread).

This **** is just weird to me. Like, y’all could call her a Cory booker or Hakeem Jeffries type, and I’ll be like….oh okay. I can see it.

But *****s running with lies, talking about she ain’t black. Or questioning if she’s EVER stood up for black issues, or even claimed to be black.

And it is literally RIGHT THERE. Like people don’t believe their eyes, ears, history etc. It’s wild to see.

But not all that surprising

This what I was talking about, you in your feelings. Me and wavycrocket wavycrocket having a convo with no insults or bad faith questions. Y'all political emotional dudes always make the convo go left cuz somebody don't agree with everything you say.
In my feelings? No. I would say Im glad you're having that conversation but Its a conversation that shouldn't need to ba had in the first place. My point is Trump is the other so all that questioning of blackness is pointless.

Damn shame you have to talk down black folks from hating other black folks. Especially in THIS scenario.

So you voting for Trump, or what?
ice-cube.gif

Why are you playing dumb? In the context of the ongoing discussion about the level of blackness of someone marrying outside the black race, your comment was meant to convey that Kamala's husband validated people questioning her blackness.

Connotation is still a concept in reading comprehension, whether you like it or not.

No, my comment was meant to point out what other people are saying as to why SOME and or ALOT of black people actually question Kamala's blackness. To me personally, Kamala loves who she loves and married who she wanted to marry, cool by me. That being said if you publicly or verbally come out and say how black you are or want to gain the black vote, you have to REPRESENT the black community. There's a REASON why ALOT of black people believe she hasn't done that yet.
Even bringing up her husband up is dumb. She married him 10 years ago when she was 50. Ya'll make it sound like they were high school sweet hearts.

Alot of you dudes simply are brand new or acting like you are brand new in here. I said this about Kamala more than 4 years ago when she was campaigning to become president. Going off memory the day she launched her presidential campaign in 2020 she came out at Howard University (a HBCU), the day of MLK's birthday, surrounding by AKA's (i got NO issues with this at all for what it's worth........shout out to Phi-Skee 06/08 in the building, we here) in attempt to surround herself in blackness but had white boy Roy/Jon Snow next to her. It just wasn't a good look in my eyes and many other's eyes from a BLACK PERSPECTIVE. Love who you love and be with who you wanna be with but I don't wanna hear "black this" and "black that" if you standing next or married to someone who ain't black. Just like that scene from I'm going to git you sucka.

Also, remember when a woman is married to a man she is........or rather should be submissive to him, meaning she might take on his ideas and thoughts as she is lead by him. Not fully but for those that you married you know or should know what I mean by that. If you want to champion black people...........even for political purposes, meaning you want our vote and try to purposely gain favor with the black community WE need to not just hear but see what you indeed to do for US, not black and brown but US as black people, because as she launches her presidential campaign I don't hear "she will be the first black and brown female president".....I hear that "she will be the first black female president". So with that being said I need to know where you stand with black issues and what you want from black people. See how I mentioned that it was two-way street. WE want something or somethings from her, just like she should be EXPECTING things from us.

There's a REASON why ALOT of black people believe she hasn't done that yet.
You need to quantify what you mean by "a lot" because she definitely galvanized about 50% more registered black voters.

She didn't need video editing tricks to make folks in Atlanta look enthusiastic about her candidacy.

That being said if you publicly or verbally come out and say how black you are or want to gain the black vote, you have to REPRESENT the black community.

Really? You're making it sound like Kamala was pulling a Dolezal.
as she launches her presidential campaign I don't hear "she will be the first black and brown female president".....I hear that "she will be the first black female president"
See? That's you choosing what you want to hear, not what IS being said.

I just heard Stacy Abrams use both qualifiers to reference Kamala. It's not just folks within the far-right sphere who have a problem with mixed heritage.

You need to quantify what you mean by "a lot" because she definitely galvanized about 50% more registered black voters.

She didn't need video editing tricks to make folks in Atlanta look enthusiastic about her candidacy.

Really? You're making it sound like Kamala was pulling a Dolezal.

See? That's you choosing what you want to hear, not what IS being said.

I just heard Stacy Abrams use both qualifiers to reference Kamala. It's not just folks within the far-right sphere who have a problem with mixed heritage.

Let's break it down champ............from a BUSINESS perspective market share is 10% or more. So with that being said although I personally haven't taken a tally account, I can definitely say that 10% or more of black people believe that Kamala hasn't solidified her blackness. So much so that you and many others feels compelled to take up for Kamala right now as it pertains to the black community. As the saying goes alot of you dudes are feeling the pressure.........and it shows.

At the end of the day I want you and others to realize something. Out of all the black people in America, or even famous black people, there's a reason that Kamala is currently getting called to the front of the congregation right now to testify on her blackness, be it good....bad....right or wrong. It is what it is. Why is SHE of all black people getting called out right now?? You dudes need to understand that.

Also, please don't bring up the rally in Atlanta champ.........that wasn't a good look for Kamala as a candidate, let alone the city of Atlanta. Complete failure that day........on both ends.

Who's ran across folks from the Working Families Party? Appreciate their work, most nuanced take I've heard on third parties in awhile

No, my comment was meant to point out what other people are saying as to why SOME and or ALOT of black people actually question Kamala's blackness. To me personally, Kamala loves who she loves and married who she wanted to marry, cool by me. That being said if you publicly or verbally come out and say how black you are or want to gain the black vote, you have to REPRESENT the black community. There's a REASON why ALOT of black people believe she hasn't done that yet.

Alot of you dudes simply are brand new or acting like you are brand new in here. I said this about Kamala more than 4 years ago when she was campaigning to become president. Going off memory the day she launched her presidential campaign in 2020 she came out at Howard University (a HBCU), the day of MLK's birthday, surrounding by AKA's (i got NO issues with this at all for what it's worth........shout out to Phi-Skee 06/08 in the building, we here) in attempt to surround herself in blackness but had white boy Roy/Jon Snow next to her. It just wasn't a good look in my eyes and many other's eyes from a BLACK PERSPECTIVE. Love who you love and be with who you wanna be with but I don't wanna hear "black this" and "black that" if you standing next or married to someone who ain't black. Just like that scene from I'm going to git you sucka.

Also, remember when a woman is married to a man she is........or rather should be submissive to him, meaning she might take on his ideas and thoughts as she is lead by him. Not fully but for those that you married you know or should know what I mean by that. If you want to champion black people...........even for political purposes, meaning you want our vote and try to purposely gain favor with the black community WE need to not just hear but see what you indeed to do for US, not black and brown but US as black people, because as she launches her presidential campaign I don't hear "she will be the first black and brown female president".....I hear that "she will be the first black female president". So with that being said I need to know where you stand with black issues and what you want from black people. See how I mentioned that it was two-way street. WE want something or somethings from her, just like she should be EXPECTING things from us.

This is true whether people like it or not. A big part of politics is image. That's a big reason why Obama was able to get the love of the black community. I remember how black women reacted seeing with Michelle and his black daughters.

If he had a white wife, oh boy. :lol:

It's a lotta silly stuff being said in here, but it's all good. Part of the learning process. If I had social media years ago I might have made some of the same claims and sidestepped the obvious critiques when they came.

Just gonna say to yall. Examine your own arguments. Look for holes in your own reasoning. Use history (your own and societal history) and see how your views hold up under your own scrutiny.

A black male public figure with a white wife takes more heat from the Black community (specifically black women) than a black female public figure that has a white husband.

We tend to assume black men "ran off" and found themselves a white woman while we look at black women that deal with white men as being ones that were ran off by worthless black men that did them dirty.

It is what it is.

So Kamala having a white (Jewish) husband doesn't really hurt her outside of what yall like to call them, "Hotep" black men.

Back
Top Bottom