Black Culture Discussion Thread

everything doesn’t have to be commentary on race…he, as a player that came through and/or observed both leagues/systems, can just believe exactly what he said; especially as the european style of play has given the usa problems at times…whether he is ‘right’ in his assessment is another argument tho

Last edited:
everything doesn’t have to be commentary on race…he as a player that came through and/or observed both leagues/systems can just believe exactly what he said, especially as the european style of play has given the usa problems at times…whether he is ‘right’ in his assessment in another argument tho

People want to be offended by everything! Instead being offended, SHOW UP AND SHOW OUT.

Plus, they’re are plenty of dumb European ballers.

Not performance related but he himself declined a good contract. We’ve seen plenty boneheaded plays by Euro hoopers.

I’m sick of people taking offense to everything

Only 3 had their natural hair out though…..

I wish black women would stop wearing so much weave
IMG_1571.gif

Man shut up, them women will smoke you on the track.

Yeah, some people are just idiots.

Also, this gets pinned on Black kids a lot, but there are a ton of white crash-outs too. Difference is they have complexion for protection, so they don't face the same consequences and get the opportunity to "grow out of it".

Who cares about the ton of white crash-outs?? This the Black Culture Discussion Thread……not the white, Asian, Latino, and everything else in between thread. If and when black kids go trial before a judge or jury they can’t say….”well white kids crash out too”. That line of thinking and mentality is not going to work. Dudes need to stop coming up with excuses out here as to why a good number of black kids……particularly young black kids are voluntarily signing up for jail out here.

If we are going to have a Black Culture Thread, we have to talk about the good and the bad. To act like there isn’t a problem within the culture and the negative effect it has had and continues to have on some black kids is to deny reality and the apparent facts. From Nipsey Hussle, to Young Dolph, to now young Foolio, and unfortunately many others yet to come young black men are shooting and killing other young black men. To deny what the culture has become is to deny reality.

I don't go to church anymore outside of life milestones, but I never saw this when I did.

I agree with his perspective though. Not being married shouldn't be frowned upon in church nor deter you from participating in different ministries (that aren't reliant on it)

everything doesn’t have to be commentary on race…he, as a player that came through and/or observed both leagues/systems, can just believe exactly what he said; especially as the european style of play has given the usa problems at times…whether he is ‘right’ in his assessment is another argument tho

Here's Kobe saying the same thing.

For anyone who has observed both systems, nothing Schroder said rings false. Europe focuses on fundamentals; US is mostly about showmanship.

Here's Kobe saying the same thing.

For anyone who has observed both systems, nothing Schroder said rings false. Europe focuses on fundamentals; US is mostly about showmanship.

not get too off topic by discussing hoops but i’m not sure kob’s opinion on aau & the question denis was answering are 1 in the same…related perhaps but to my mind the main reason the usa teams struggle vs. other country’s national teams is continuity & roles, the euro national teams play more often & have way more continuity & the hierarchy of roles is more or less in place; then add to this that the international game is different, the lane, the 3 point line, the spacing, the length of the quarters/game & thus the pacing, the way the game is officiated…the us can’t just show up anymore, it a reason they started sending pros in the 1st place 😂

if flipped the other way many european teams would similarly struggle if they were to play nba style

Back
Top Bottom