Black Culture Discussion Thread

So you believe white kids should be made to feel guilty? If yes, why?

Because that was her premise. (Along with empowering black kids without making them feel like victims)

Nazi’s and people who are antisemitic are made to feel guilty in regard to the plight of Jewish people, right?

So why should it be any different for black people?

Some of us don’t feel like victims, some of us are confident and empowered and value ourselves…. We still call out the BS.

Jewish people are empowered…confident, etc and call out the misgivings and BS ALL THE TIME…. Why shouldn’t we do the same…?

You do know some of those kids are still being taught racism at home right…? Plenty of young white parents who don’t like black people are still teaching their kids racist narratives. Racism is still alive and well in this country

Last edited:
I feel everyone should be taught the truth as to how certain folks were able to get a head start in this country.

I feel black kids can be taught that while also be pushed to take the, "Odds are stacked against me so I really need to perform to get out of this situation."

I think it is totally possible for a black child to understand BOTH things.

On the flip side, white folks should also understand that many of their families have historically benefitted from what happened in the past. What they do with that knowledge is on them but they need to know for sure.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican explain to me why Nazi’s/Nazi Sympathizers/Antisemites/
White supremacist, etc are, and should ALWAYS be made to feel guilty (I feel everyone agrees upon this)

But Black folks are supposed to have grace or turn the other cheek in terms of racist and the overseers of yesteryear who put us in this predicament.

I think it’s case by case for someone people. I just don’t believe in turning the other cheek personally. It’s just not in my nature. Everyone is different though.

Ain’t nobody walking up to a Jewish person and saying “forget about the Holocaust, leave it in the past and forgive Hitler”… but my people are told to forget slavery and forgive their oppressors. Pick and choosing…

But Black folks are supposed to have grace or turn the other cheek in terms of racist and the overseers of yesteryear who put us in this predicament.

If you can quote me saying or paraphrasing anything remotely close to this I am willing to entertain this question.

You said you agreed with Condoleeza’s stance “100%”. She basically wants black people to absolve white people… she wants us to make their life easier:lol: :lol:

Her stance = to protect their ego and feelings:lol: :lol:

That was the gist of her segment. She wants us to appease them

You said you agreed with Condoleeza’s stance “100%”. She basically wants black people to absolve white people… she wants us to make their life easier:lol: :lol:

Her stance = to protect their ego and feelings:lol: :lol:

That was the gist of her segment. She wants us to appease them

That's not what I took from her at all.

Scroll up and read what I typed.

Not once did she denounce racism nor claim it wasn't still alive in the modern day.

"My parents never told me that I would grow up in a world without prejudice but that is someone else's. You will overcome it."

She said why does it have to be either/or: White people guilt OR Black people disempowered.

THAT is what she said the message we need to be sending to black kids.

Nowhere did it day racism didn't exist.

But back to my FIRST question that you never answered.

Making white kids feel guilty about the past is productive to us how? What does that do for US exactly? How does it make our path easier?

Answer the question directly please. (Without asking unrelated questions about Nazis/Jews)

Unrelated…? Nah. They’re definitely related :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s productive because A) it’s factual in terms of America B) We’ve never received our just do reparations so, anything about race relations is null and void. We’re the only ones (American Indians, Japanese who were forced into US encampments during WW2 got theirs).

The playing field won’t be close even until we get our money. That’s the bottom line. It’s all about money. Damn near two centuries of free labor, the homesteading act (in which we didn’t get land but they did).

And I never said I wanted to make the path easier. YOU want it easier. Life was never meant to be easy.

They’ve never tried to make our lives “easy” in America, so why should we make theirs?

Again, when they start talking reparations and cut the check, then I might have a change of heart. Until then, no way.

You skipped over the question about Jews/Nazi’s and antisemites because you know it’s factual:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

They’re trained to NEVER FORGET what was done to them…

But my people are supposed to forgive and forget. Not me

Being friendly, welcoming and docile is what got us in this predicament in the first place. And we’re supposed to raise the upcoming generations to be just as dimwitted and docile? :lol: :lol:

Figured we would eventually get here.

Colorado has had 2, 10 win seasons since 2001. 16 other seasons under .500 in that span… :lol: :lol:

The Kordell Stewart/Brian Westbrook, Rashaan Salaam, Deon Figures days of the 90s are loooooonnng gone.

There has always been favoritism at every level of sports. Colorado had no cache for about 20-30 years since the 90s glory days… they chose Deion for a reason…

Nobody is lining up to coach there. Deion has generated money and attention, that’s all they hoped for

No disrespect but I am starting to think you type your responses out before you read what the person you are talking to replies.

Because nothing I have ever typed on this site has ever encouraged being docile and a pushover but you somehow got that from what I've said.

We can agree to disagree and move on.

Dudes in here still talking about reparations….LOL. The idea of reparations in the form of money/a check for each and every black person is deserved, desired, and would be appreciated for how WE (our ancestors) built this country.

That being said anyone in here actually expecting reparations now or anytime soon is wasting their time and waiting around for no reason. Dudes better stop dreaming and wake up to deal with reality. You better go out here get it your dam self.

That being said anyone in here actually expecting reparations now or anytime soon is wasting their time and waiting around for no reason. Dudes better stop dreaming and wake up to deal with reality. You better go out here get it your dam self.

…. This is the point I’m trying to make. Don’t talk about race relations or appeasing or coddling white folks because they damn sure not trying to make our lives easier. So why would I ever become an ally for them? That’s ludicrous.

I’m here to coexist, root for my kind and keep it moving. Which is OKAY

No disrespect but I am starting to think you type your responses out before you read what the person you are talking to replies.

Because nothing I have ever typed on this site has ever encouraged being docile and a pushover but you somehow got that from what I've said.

We can agree to disagree and move on.

That’s practically what Condoleeza/critical race history wants. They want to re-write American history and make it seem like slaveholders and slaves worked in harmony. They want it to appear like everything was kumbaya for the past 500-600 years. We’ve just magically been working in unison :lol:

That’s a docile way of thinking. I don’t even understand your point :lol:

Absolving the truth just to make people feel comfortable = sounds exactly like being docile and a pushover to me. Racist and racism are alive in well America. Amongst young and old, so the notion of “not making them feel guilty” quite literally makes no sense :lol: :lol:

Figured we would eventually get here.

Somebody tell that ***** to get on code and learn how not to bash a black person around white people. Not sure if that ***** is trying to be accepted or just doesn’t get it. Now I can see why he got fired from TMZ.

…. This is the point I’m trying to make. Don’t talk about race relations or appeasing or coddling white folks because they damn sure not trying to make our lives easier. So why would I ever become an ally for them? That’s ludicrous.

I’m here to coexist, root for my kind and keep it moving. Which is OKAY
I hear ya. That being said my thoughts on that video are the same as DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican . Maybe it’s just me but I didn’t really hear Condelleeza say or suggest that we should appease or coddle white people. That’s just my take on the matter.

Nobody telling Germany to change the history of the Holocaust, but the stuff my people dealt with is supposed to get twisted and turned like a slinky…? Changing the “facts” to please a certain sect of America? Could never be me

Making white kids feel guilty
That's a loaded expression.

Telling the history of America and how race relations shaped this society is what a good number of white folks consider "making white kids feel guilty."
Agreeing with the premise with no clarification on the definition of "guilt" is cosigning (consciously or not) the anti-CRT stance a lot of conservatives have adopted and the policies that derived from it (like book bans about the black experience).

I took "make white kids feel guilty" as making them feel they played a role/part in what was done jn the past.

As I mentioned, accurate history shouldn't be withheld or hidden from anyone. White folks need to know what their folks did to us.

But feeling guilty to me is Basically the feeling that leads to extreme behavior such as this.

Back
Top Bottom