BLACK FRIDAY 2009!!! THE FALL OUT!!! STORIES & BOUNTIES!!!

got to walmart last night at 1030 pm wasn't really nothin left cop one of those 25 dollars hp printers(gotta go back to get a freakin USB cord for it fml)then copped departed and training day on bluray for 10 bucks each

Walmart still has the Samsung Plasmas on sale... 42" for $548 and the 50" for $698.

eek.gif

Got everything I needed for the house. Hit up home depot and OSH. Wifey got some clothes. Wanted a TV but didn't end up getting it. Only one fight that Iseen. It was my birthday as well. Target was giving out giftcards after $100 purchase. So that was cool. List: Shop Vac and Dirt Devil Some toys for theyoungster Coffee Maker Sandwhich Maker 2 dress shirts Pots and pans 700 Thread count sheet set Burberry and Jordan cologne Gift Cards All I need now is a WII

I winged it over at Sports Authority at 430am cuz I heard the first 80 people get bonus bucks ranging from $10-$500. I was like number 84 in line and theystill had extra bonus bucks and won $100. Alot of people slept on Sports Authority.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

i think Woodbury Commons had the craziest sales of this Black Friday. Stores were doing 40-50% off damn near everything in the store no exclusions

I went there last year.

Guarantee there was no sale for Premium Wheat Timbs.

Not really worth it ot me.
V.I.M. had timbs for 90 thought that was a pretty good deal
laugh.gif
grin.gif
Modells had them for 60 dollars

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

why would monta ellis need to save a couple hundred bux when he gets paid millions
eyes.gif
roll.gif
Getting pay millions doesn't mean he can't be stingy. BTW why is he look like he's 6'6 in that picture unless the other two guys are 5'6

We are 5'6 haha. And Monta and his girl (who had a phat donkey btw) had 3 shopping carts full of stuff
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

Got the APEX 40 inch LCD from Target. $450 Not a bad price for a 1080p All LCD tvs are made the same. Only difference is the label slapped on it

Boy you crazy
roll.gif
Quit trying to rationalize your purchase
laugh.gif

The best TV Deals had to be the 40" 1080P LCD Sony Bravia, and the 40" 1080P LCD Samsung which were both $598 at Wal-Mart.

Amazing Prices, and I saw tons of these there at various Wal-marts I went too.

Also the $278.00 Sony 1000 Watt Home Theatre In A Box with Floor standing speakers, amazing price and tons of people were picking these up yesterday when Iwent to Bestbuy. I waited in line for probably 45 minutes to pay and there was still a few left. Reviews on the Website are very good as well.

Had I not had a surround sound or TV already these would of been the products I would of gone for.

Also the 42" 720P Samsung Plasma for $548. Doesn't matter if it's only 720P, if you're sitting the right distance from the TV you wont noticea different, what a price.

As for me, I ended up getting.

Left 4 Dead 2 - $34.99
Call Of Duty 4 - $25
Grand Theft Auto IV - $10
Dead Space - $10
NBA 2K10 - $25

Live Free or Die Hard Blu-ray - $7.99

And got them to price match a 1TB Western Digital External Hard drive that WAS NOT on sale, price was $110. I used the Target Ad at wal-mart and told them theywere selling the 1TB WD hard drive for only 59.99, even though it wasn't the same one, nor did they even look the same, they price matched it for me for59.99 and I saved 50 dollars.

Not only that, but all the stuff I purchased at Wal-mart was with the merchandise credit I recieved from returning games without Reciepts from the Toys R usscam a few NT'ers pulled in October..

I'll post pics if anyone wants, but not really necessary, all in all I'm very happy.

Originally Posted by papeshfoo

Originally Posted by nnarum

Walmart still has the Samsung Plasmas on sale... 42" for $548 and the 50" for $698.

eek.gif

Yeah but they are only 720I...crap!
720p is still HD. And the only thing that utilizes 1080p fully is Blu-ray discs...

Also that Emerson 42" Plasma at Wally is being reported as a rebadged Samsung. It even has the touch controls on the side like Samsungs...

eek.gif

720p is still HD. And the only thing that utilizes 1080p fully is Blu-ray discs...

Also that Emerson 42" Plasma at Wally is being reported as a rebadged Samsung. It even has the touch controls on the side like Samsungs...

This. Not to mention, even these store brand TV's have warrantys..... Some even as much as 2 years without having to purchase an extended. Now why wouldthey offer such a long warranty if the TV's were trash?

Some dudes on NT really don't know what they're talking about and just asume too much. No i'm not one of those people that bought a store brand TV,I own a Samsung, but just because it's a store brand TV doesn't mean it's going to explode.
laugh.gif

Same with the 720P VS 1080P. I guarantee most people cannot tell the difference. HD Cable/Sattelite programs are all in 720P. The majority of PS3/360 games areaall in 720P. They're just compatible with 1080P and your TV set upscales it, but it isn't true 1080P.

Also people are really underestimating some of the lower brands, you do know companies like Samsung & LG etc. get their parts from different company. Onlyminor things the big name companies put into the TV.

My HD cable runs in 1080p playa...says it right on the front of my box, next to the clock. Yes some shows run in 720p, and I cantell instantly. I can also tella HUGE diff between mw2 in 1080 and assasins creed 2 that runs 720...

My HD cable runs in 1080p playa...says it right on the front of my box, next to the clock. Yes some shows run in 720p, and I cantell instantly. I can also tell a HUGE diff between mw2 in 1080 and assasins creed 2 that runs 720...

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

My HD cable runs in 1080p playa...says it right on the front of my box, next to the clock. Yes some shows run in 720p, and I cantell instantly. I can also tell a HUGE diff between mw2 in 1080 and assasins creed 2 that runs 720...

roll.gif

dude 1080p isnt out on cable yet,

the highest they run is 720p and bluray runs at 1080i and somteimes 1080p

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

eek.gif

This. Not to mention, even these store brand TV's have warrantys..... Some even as much as 2 years without having to purchase an extended. Now why would they offer such a long warranty if the TV's were trash?

Some dudes on NT really don't know what they're talking about and just asume too much. No i'm not one of those people that bought a store brand TV, I own a Samsung, but just because it's a store brand TV doesn't mean it's going to explode.
laugh.gif

Same with the 720P VS 1080P. I guarantee most people cannot tell the difference. HD Cable/Sattelite programs are all in 720P. The majority of PS3/360 games are aall in 720P. They're just compatible with 1080P and your TV set upscales it, but it isn't true 1080P.
wait a minute, you're saying that if you have a 1080p TV, then it upscales an XBOX game or PS3? i thought it was the other way around henceone should have an 1080p TV to allow for the console to upscale the game.... that's what i thought was happening. but regsardless, if you only have a 720pTV, you;re not going to get any upscaling and for some games, there is a difference in quality.....

The easiest way to look at it is this...

Your TV has a set number of pixels, this is the resolution. Most 1080p sets have 1920x1080 which equals over 2 million without doing the math...
Your set HAS to convert everything to those pixels, because you have to use all them. Now where the confusion arises is that you can have the 360 or PS3 do theconverting for you, and out put to your sets native resolution.

why would monta ellis need to save a couple hundred bux when he gets paid millions
eyes.gif
roll.gif
Getting pay millions doesn't mean he can't be stingy. BTW why is he look like he's 6'6 in that picture unless the other two guys are 5'6
thats my dude flaming cheetos, making monta ellis looks like shaq
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

eyes.gif
roll.gif
thats my dude flaming cheetos, making monta ellis looks like shaq
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah but I mean when your in the middle of a tough season physically coming back from injury, you really have to show up early to a target, seemedfunny.

Lol.... My cable box does 1080P as well, but that doesn't mean the actual networks that have HD channels are in 1080P. All you're box isdoing is upscaling it, either that, or your TV will upscale it. Same with the XBOX 360 or PS3.

The quality on Channels will differ regardless of them being the same resolution. USA can be showing an HD movie in 1080P, but TNT could be doing the same andone could still look better than the other.

And if an video games natural resolution is 720P, which most usually are, alot of gamers set their TV settings or console settings to that resolution becausefrom what I have heard it runs better at the natural resolution.

Believe what you want tho playa

Back
Top Bottom