BLACK FRIDAY 2012

What he is trying to say is that those off brand TVs are like shopping at Payless for shoes. Yeah sure your Dynex is a TV, buts no Sony.. You get what you pay for. Those off brand TVs are cheap all year round.The point of BF is to get a quality product cheap.

There you go! that statement right there sums it up

[COLOR=#red]^^^ Truu ..All BF is a couple name brand items like 5 then allllll CHEAP stuff that sat all year[/COLOR]

I agree they are cheap all year round, but they're that much cheaper on BF. You say pay a few hundred and get better. I agree, which is what I plan to do, but that requires saving which a lot of people aren't accustomed to. When you're living paycheck to paycheck the difference between $150 and $300 is huge. Sure, you can say well then you really don't need it. Its true, but thats the easy way out. We all love our vices and need certain things to just get through the day.

And just think if half the people here don't know the difference between LED and LCD on a computer message board then even MORE don't know or care outside of Niketalk.

My fault for rambling on about this i know every walmart is different but what are the odds of getting that 60 inch vizio from walmart.. it seems to me like the tv's that go the fastest are the 30 and 40 inches in the 200 range. not sure how fast the 6 & 7 hundred dollar tv's go. i'm on a mission now to score that 60 inch 
nerd.gif

Big difference though. Its not necessarily a subpar electronic if thats all they're looking for. Big screen, HD hook up. I don't think anyone doubts that the higher numbers are better, but the majority doesnt care. Its like saying a Hyundai nowadays won't last as long as a Ford. A dud is a dud, every company has them.

A variant Jordan is a fake shoe, a replica. Those tv's aren't saying what they're not.

The merchants are also not telling you that you're getting a low-end T.V.

Half of you think LCD and LED are different. They're the same thing.

Why wouldn't you want the best picture available? No one is saying to spend 3k on a t.v. but theres better options for only a few hundred more.

Samsung has low end 550 series tvs that offer the minimum then they have 6xxx, 7xxx and top tier 8xxx series with all the bells and whistles.

There's options. Black Friday has tricked a lot of you into buying because it's in an ad.

Next time when you're target...check the SALES TAG card in the aisles of the things on "SALE". It'll say originally 1.99, on sale for $1.89. They trick you into thinking a Sale sign means you're getting a deal.

I'm gonna just leave it alone cause I'm just a negative nancy. But whatever. do what yall want.

a few hundred more? A few hundred is quite a bit of money for most people.

On this site? where dudes spend $300 for lebrons, 2k for yeezys? Na. Thats not quite a bit for no one on here.

BF is now a 'cool' thing to do and people are tricked into thinking they're getting a deal when they're just get an OK product for regular price.

It's like buying Honda and slapping Acura badges on it.

I'm done. Good night.

On this site? where dudes spend $300 for lebrons, 2k for yeezys? Na. Thats not quite a bit for no one on here.

BF is now a 'cool' thing to do and people are tricked into thinking they're getting a deal when they're just get an OK product for regular price.

It's like buying Honda and slapping Acura badges on it.

I'm done. Good night.

I've never spent $300 on a pair of shoes, and I'm pretty sure most people havent. A few hundred dollars is something that I have to plan for, and ANY purchase whether its a $100 pair of shoes or a $300 tv is a big expense

Get off your high horse and exit the thread please. We understand you are "trying to look out" for people, but all you are doing is coming across as arrogant and demeaning. You guys treat everyone whose interested in cheap tv's as if they are idiots.

Maybe we don't care about "top notch" specs. Maybe we're not ballin like you and don't want to spend 1600 dollars on a Samsung Smart TV.

Nah. I just treat MOST human beings as if they are idiots because.....well....they ARE.

Who said anything about needing top notch specs, or ballin, or spending $1600 on a TV? I spent $550 on my 50" Samsung plasma 3 years ago (a sweet deal at the time), and it still mesmerizes people when I throw in Avatar or Sin City (plasma still blows away LCD on picture quality). I just helped a buddy find and score the newest version of that same TV for $430 at Fry's Electronics a few months back.

All we're saying is you don't have to spend a ton to get a significantly better TV than the bargain basement stuff being offered for "doorbusters" on a Black Friday. The problem is Americans are EXTREMELY lazy, and part of being lazy means they don't like to do research or homework before they buy something. This leads to comments like "eeeeh, they're all the same", or "what an incredible price for this TV!!!!111111!1!1", or like BudgetBaller pointed out, people thinking LED is an upgrade to LCD when it's just a form of backlighting for LCD TVs (in other words, all LED TVs are LCDs). As BigRock said, these TVs are inexpensive year round. Yes, they may be slightly cheaper on Black Friday than they are during various other sales throughout the year, but #1 - it's not by much, and #2 - at the quantities they'll have for that price, you won't be getting one anyway. Ask yourself if it's worth the time end effort you're going to spend trying to get one only to most likely come up empty-handed.

We just want some damn televisions to put in our bedroom or give to the kids in our families to enjoy. Who cares if its 60HZ instead of 120HZ... how is that going to matter any less to an 11 year old boy who wants to plug in his new ps3 and play some video games?

As I said in my previous post, if you don't care about picture quality, that's fine. These TVs suit your needs, or lack there of. BUT....as with most "super duper unbelievable smash hit Black Friday only" sale items, there are usually 10 or less per store (because I can almost guarantee you the stores are LOOSING money on them), yet hundreds of people looking to buy. So unless you plan on camping out days in advance like you're buying some Yeezys, chances are, you won't get one. THAT parade I WILL rain on with a dose or reality.

[COLOR=#red]target has a xbox 360 w/ kinect for $199 its 4gb..is this good for some one who just cut on the xbox and plays it not trying to do much downloading or anything[/COLOR]

Nah. I just treat MOST human beings as if they are idiots because.....well....they ARE.
Who said anything about needing top notch specs, or ballin, or spending $1600 on a TV? I spent $550 on my 50" Samsung plasma 3 years ago (a sweet deal at the time), and it still mesmerizes people when I throw in Avatar or Sin City (plasma still blows away LCD on picture quality). I just helped a buddy find and score the newest version of that same TV for $430 at Fry's Electronics a few months back.
All we're saying is you don't have to spend a ton to get a significantly better TV than the bargain basement stuff being offered for "doorbusters" on a Black Friday. The problem is Americans are EXTREMELY lazy, and part of being lazy means they don't like to do research or homework before they buy something. This leads to comments like "eeeeh, they're all the same", or "what an incredible price for this TV!!!!111111!1!1", or like BudgetBaller pointed out, people thinking LED is an upgrade to LCD when it's just a form of backlighting for LCD TVs (in other words, all LED TVs are LCDs). As BigRock said, these TVs are inexpensive year round. Yes, they may be slightly cheaper on Black Friday than they are during various other sales throughout the year, but #1 - it's not by much, and #2 - at the quantities they'll have for that price, you won't be getting one anyway. Ask yourself if it's worth the time end effort you're going to spend trying to get one only to most likely come up empty-handed.
As I said in my previous post, if you don't care about picture quality, that's fine. These TVs suit your needs, or lack there of. BUT....as with most "super duper unbelievable smash hit Black Friday only" sale items, there are usually 10 or less per store (because I can almost guarantee you the stores are LOOSING money on them), yet hundreds of people looking to buy. So unless you plan on camping out days in advance like you're buying some Yeezys, chances are, you won't get one. THAT parade I WILL rain on with a dose or reality.
This.

and just to make it clear. I spent 2k but I got a 64" with a blu-ray bundle which I flipped for $400 so out of pocket I spent $1600 for 64" of plasma. I also spent $600 on a 8000 series Samsung 51" for $650 at pauls.

Thats all we're saying. For a 50", you can easily get something far superior for $450-600. ALL YEAR LONG

Last edited:
NTers comparing Black Friday TVs to variants? :smh:

Bought a Westinghouse 32 in on BF 2009 at Target for my bedroom. Still working, no problems. However my 50 in Samsung Plasma is glitching every now and then.

I will try my chances on that Vizio 60 in at Walmart come BF. And sell my 50 in Samsung on CL. Yeah. What.

damn, i need to go to pauls TV see if they got any 50" for cheap. i just want one for my room, not really trying to spend more than $500.

Are there ads for Cyber Monday or does that stuff go out in email blasts the weekend before?

[COLOR=#red]target has a xbox 360 w/ kinect for $199 its 4gb..is this good for some one who just cut on the xbox and plays it not trying to do much downloading or anything[/COLOR]
target has that price going damb near year round, but you could just get a xbox and kinect used for around 120 for the xbox and 50 or 60 for the sensor on CL

But on another note does anybody have info on clothing store with BF deals(I;E H&M, AE, Hollister etc?

target has that price going damb near year round, but you could just get a xbox and kinect used for around 120 for the xbox and 50 or 60 for the sensor on CL
But on another note does anybody have info on clothing store with BF deals(I;E H&M, AE, Hollister etc?
[COLOR=#red]H&M just had a 40% off... and i rather buy new but im asking is 4g enough for just online play or would i need more for the games to even work[/COLOR]

ae always has sales. you should just sign up for their rewards program and get a bunch of friends to buy clothes from there and get the 40% off coupon every 3 months. ive been doing this for the past 5 years and i always get 40% off every 3 months from ae

I'm getting nervous now iv'e been reading that the vizio 60inch led at walmart  is gonna be hard to get 
ohwell.gif

i'm koo off of tvs now.. i got what i need in my house.. i plan on getting a ping pong table.. and some footballs.. i know wal mart has one for $70

Last edited:
Don't have time to scour all those ads... Reps to whoever can tell me the best deals on non-off brand 40-50" TVs

Back
Top Bottom