Black Friday 2K16/Holiday Shopping Thread

You already tried taking the receipt. Then just threatening to bring the whole tv. (With electronics is it 14 days or 30 for open box)

You already tried taking the receipt. Then just threatening to bring the whole tv. (With electronics is it 14 days or 30 for open box)

Naw I havent tried it yet with just the receipt. I may tomorrow. It may be YMMV but everything I have read says they wont do it. I dont know the return policy for open box but I didnt buy it open box. I was saying that I will have a new tv if i return it and they will be left with an open box and i bought it during the extend Holiday return policy so I think i have until the end of Feb to return/exchange. Ah well Im sure the price will drop again in that time frame.

Naw I havent tried it yet with just the receipt. I may tomorrow. It may be YMMV but everything I have read says they wont do it. I dont know the return policy for open box but I didnt buy it open box. I was saying that I will have a new tv if i return it and they will be left with an open box and i bought it during the extend Holiday return policy so I think i have until the end of Feb to return/exchange. Ah well Im sure the price will drop again in that time frame.

Man if it was me, $200 is well worth the trouble of taking it up from the basement. If they don't price match just bring it back. Then if it drops again near Christmas rinse and repeat if the difference is worth it.

Man if it was me, $200 is well worth the trouble of taking it up from the basement. If they don't price match just bring it back. Then if it drops again near Christmas rinse and repeat if the difference is worth it.

Lol my wife helped me carry it and she doesnt think its worth it.

Last edited:
What im saying is take the receiot and they still let you do it. . It is ymmv. But that may also depend on the quality. Lol worst case just buy it again. Take home come back with it with original receipt. Theres ways to get your money back

Lol my wife helped me carry it and she doesnt think its worth it.
If you're in NYC give me $50 and I'll help you carry it :lol:
Then I can capitalize on that 2k and madden for $10 combined

What im saying is take the receiot and they still let you do it. . It is ymmv. But that may also depend on the quality. Lol worst case just buy it again. Take home come back with it with original receipt. Theres ways to get your money back

This. Buy it again and keep it in the car. Take it back with the OG receipt later

I thought I was the only person who did this :lol:

I just bought a tv from bb couple days ago. You don't need to bring in your tv just for price match. Thats absurd. They told me if you see it for less, just bring in your receipt and we will pay you the difference. I bought a tablet few months ago and they price matched Costco! Got a helluva deal on it. Sounds like the person helping you is being a douche.

Last edited:
I just bought a tv from bb couple days ago. You don't need to bring in your tv just for price match. Thats absurd. They told me if you see it for less, just bring in your receipt and we will pay you the difference. I bought a tablet few months ago and they price matched Costco! Got a helluva deal on it. Sounds like the person helping you is being a douche.

Normally it wouldnt be a problem except for this line in their price match policy:items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

Nah stores had plenty of 3DS, but last night was probably your best shot. I went to a Target a little after 6 during Skins Cowboys halftime. A lot of people in the store and no white 3DS available, but they did have about 10 black ones left sitting on the shelf. I grabbed one and then a family came right behind me a got 4 for their kids.

Went to Walmart right after and they were sold out. Went to best buy after that. They had sold out, but were able to stock locate others. The other stores had anywhere from 3-5 left (this was at 7pm). Wasn't driving to those spots too far out. Went to another target around 7:30 and asked if they had any available. An employee had a white one on his cart and gave it to me. Said they only had a few of the white ones left and a few more Black ones.

I say try a local Target and see what they have left or if they can stock locate.

I checked out my 2 local Target's Thursday night and then called them again in the am. Still no luck.

But like you said my best bet was early Thursday night. Black Friday ain't Black "Friday" anymore :smh: Hopefully Toys R Us honors this pre order. If not...*shrug* on to the next one.

Normally it wouldnt be a problem except for this line in their price match policy:items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

My tv was on sale. It doesn't matter if it's grounds hog day they have to match price and honor it. Either they see you won't go the extra mile for your money or they're playing you.

Back
Top Bottom