Black guy hair cuts

For those that also cut their own hair, tips for blending fades & tapers? I always F up in one side every time
mean.gif
Start out with a good guideline where you want your fade/taper to start then start to blend that line in with the "middle guideline" that you'll create right below the "bulk" of your hair or where you want your fade/tape to stop. Use light wrist flicks (as if you were picking your hair so to speak) along with comb/brush strokes after every clipper motion. DO NOT press down hard into your hair with your clippers as you can create another guideline that you'll have to fade out, trust me it's annoying. Also remember you can always cut off hair but you can't put back on hair you've already cut off lol! Hopefully you get the gist of what I'm typing as it make sense to me as I'm writing it but you know. Also you can YouTube some barbers have tutorial vids, I know my old barber in Louisiana does "MrBGizzle."

I've had the same caesar w/ tapered sides and back for literally 22 years after I cut my box fade off in elementary school. Being in the military it's hard to stay in regulations while trying to explore different haircuts...haven't seen a cat yet with the "DS5" lol. Mini fros, bald fades, caesars, military fades (Marine fade), and baldies is the norm.
Bruh. Props! Used the flick of the wrist technique for an all around fade/taper. **** came out tooooooo proper 
pimp.gif
 Lined up the struggle beard and the waves are clean. Haven't been duragging like I used too. Perfect stage in between "damn his waves are clean" and "damn he spends all day brushing his hair". 

As long as you don't have dusty braids or dreads, white people don't care. A lot of the advice about cutting hair down I hear is usually from older black generations who would lose the the opportunity over anything.

Your main focus is looking clean, have a great personality, and being able to answer question (behavioral and job specific). I've been on interview panels and seen a guy with outrageous s-curls (lol) and he was one of the top candidates.

Agreed and I have a dread top. Why are dreads not acceptable in the work place?

I've had the combination of cruddy temp or drop fade with a full beard for the past 4 years and have gotten multiple corporate job offers lol.

Mine was nothing outrageous. About average length. I took it down some, and typically trimmed my beard slightly closer to the skin. My beard is similar to homies up there.

It def can be done.

I never went completely clean shaven for an interview. I always trim it pretty close though, typically til it's just a bit of stubble. Then I grow it out occasionally after I begin the job.

He's gonna get to his interview and the person that's interviewing him is gonna have the DS5 and a full beard.

But the difference is that person already has the job. Get in there, then get your national championship on.

Last edited:
Bruh. Props! Used the flick of the wrist technique for an all around fade/taper. **** came out tooooooo proper :pimp:  Lined up the struggle beard and the waves are clean. Haven't been duragging like I used too. Perfect stage in between "damn his waves are clean" and "damn he spends all day brushing his hair". 
Good ish bro #salute, I'm about to do the same next week when I get back from Dallas...sumn like this

Man show an interview the respect it deserves. If it's a corporate gig, just like you wouldn't do wild colors, show your tats, put on your meanest cologne... chill with the hair. Trim the beard and regrow it when you have the job. It's a short, simple event, and when it's done it's done. Hair grows back, put that ego **** aside.

Yall acting like he got Gunplay locs or gonna roll up in there smelling like weed. You'd think they turn a down a dapper guy like Jidenna because he don't have a bald fade and close shave? Ya'll act like Bull Connor be doing interviews :rofl:

Yall acting like he got Gunplay locs or gonna roll up in there smelling like weed. You'd think they turn a down a dapper guy like Jidenna because he don't have a bald fade and close shave? Ya'll act like Bull Connor be doing interviews :rofl:

That ***** rocking a conk though? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom