Black guy hair cuts

Man them videos be seeming so easy :lol:

Wish me luck. Probably try in a week or so.

Word :lol:
I have to modify my trimmers this weekend and then I'm getting to it.
I want my boy to chop me for a video though. I'm about to wolf just so he can use me lol.

Man we been telling y'all to learn to cut your own hair. It's easy as hell to get started and get competent with basic cuts.

I'll still throw $30 on a cut every couple of months just because I like being in the chair. 

Last edited:

jesus christ... Im about to cop an andis and just shave my **** all the way off.. paying 30 dollars  plus tip for a cut every two weeks would have me heated
**** thats what I did...... I looked in the mirror like **** I hate my hair it was like 4 weeks no cut I just shaved it down to a 1 and shaped up my beard ..

Man we been telling y'all to learn to cut your own hair. It's easy as hell to get started and get competent with basic cuts.

I'll still throw $30 on a cut every couple of months just because I like being in the chair. 
my only problem is the line I cant get it as crispy as they do in the shop

Repped for posting thise vids. Second one is exactly what I get, just shorter length. Cut mine a few days ago. Moved to a different city last week, so I'd be driving 30 minutes every two weeks for a cut. Plus his prices went up. No thanks. Had an appointment scheduled for this Saturday, but I'm going to cancel it.

Been cutting my own hair since 04 never looked back. I usually let it go two weeks before the next cut with a shave and taper every week.

I said I was done with the barber and I meant it.
My boy been cutting his own hair forever and he's dumb nice now.
Watching this def gave me extra motivation. He could easily be a barber on the side.
For all my self cutting bros, if y'all have any questions let me know and I can see about getting him to make a tutorial.
Damn man. This dude is nice. Esp that drop fade he did on himself
eek.gif

Good post.

Last edited:
The second vid is nice too. I usually get the same cut but I need to take more time getting the loose hairs because after a week or so it starts to look messy and I don't wear du rags

Finally got around to trying out son son. He had those two parts from a previous cut. Brought the fade up maybe too high. And blending was a bia. Bout to finish up. Much respect to barbers :lol:

Few more times I should be better. I don't think I could do myself tho.

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying out son son. He had those two parts from a previous cut. Brought the fade up maybe too high. And blending was a bia. Bout to finish up. Much respect to barbers
laugh.gif

It's not too late... you can still make it look better by going back over it with your shorter guides in the open position to remove some of that bulk.  Start with a #1 open and go up another inch or so, then use the 1/2 guard open and go up a half inch, then close it and go up a quarter inch.  Should thin out some bulk and make the fade appear smoother.

Here's a really detailed tutorial using Wahl clippers and guards:

Last edited:
Yea first cut. Appreciate the feedback. Yea definitely started the bald line higher than I would have liked too. Also, vid I used had those little guidelines, will use wider as you suggested. Felt good to break the ice tho. Was a lil scared to blend with the edge of the clipper. Didn't wanna take a chunk out. But kinda got use to it. Will check out that vid. Thanks.

Finally got around to trying out son son. He had those two parts from a previous cut. Brought the fade up maybe too high. And blending was a bia. Bout to finish up. Much respect to barbers :lol:

Damn good job bro. Way better than my first cut. I had to rock a durag for a week to hide my first cut lol

Fellas I had to cut my Hair low. Barber is precise with edge but has a tendency to push pack. Sometimes I don’t mind mind a slight pushback b/c my hairline is like PG. Plus his iffy on my beard. Hairline growing back nicely. Now I just need a good barber in Midtown Atlanta. Really trying had to find one.

Baldy is more high maintenance than waves or any other style. I can't even kick it basketball leather smooth (other than where the bald spot is, its easy to feel). Joint grows back in shadow in minutes and I'm not bout to be reshaving everyday or even every couple of days

Son if this is your first time, your son is gonna be gucci after a couple tries.
That's a good look!

Appreciate it fam! Almost time to give it another go. I had the laptop next to us to guide me. Was hitting pause/play like a mug.

Baldy is more high maintenance than waves or any other style. I can't even kick it basketball leather smooth (other than where the bald spot is, its easy to feel). Joint grows back in shadow in minutes and I'm not bout to be reshaving everyday or even every couple of days

Same situation as you fam. I have the gillette fusion proglide and it works wonders.

Back
Top Bottom