Black guy hair cuts

I prefer foil shavers if you want that no stubble bald cut. I've got the Braun Series 9 and it's perfect. Depending on your skin type and whether you're prone to ingrown hairs it might not be the best move. In that case you don't want to go any shorter than a trimmer.
I will have to check out the Braun, been looking at them the Phillips/Norelco.
Ingrown hairs :smh:

I can't even cut my facial hair below the skin or it is a wrizzap
Have you tried Tend Skin air shave gel? Followed up with the Tend Skin solution. Lastly, make sure the blades are sharp and replace them often.

titang545 titang545

Don't laugh but I have never put a razor to my face. Only clippers with no guard.
I will do you one better, shaved my chest in high school with a razor. Chest was on fire when it was growing back. I tried a razor on my face listening to old heads, yeah just wash your face with high water and use a razor. Naw different type of hair type that ain't for me. I need gel to use a razor or clippers. Currently using some Andis, similar to these but an older model.
March might get a new pair, because they no longer make replacement blades for my trimmers.

Recently bought these and they are JUNK.

The only time these are good is if I am lazy and haven't shaved my head in a couple of days. It will take it low, so I can use a Norelco shaver to take it down bald. Unfortunately, I got them from Sally's and you can't return them.

I will do you one better, shaved my chest in high school with a razor. Chest was on fire when it was growing back. I tried a razor on my face listening to old heads, yeah just wash your face with high water and use a razor. Naw different type of hair type that ain't for me. I need gel to use a razor or clippers. Currently using some Andis, similar to these but an older model.
March might get a new pair, because they no longer make replacement blades for my trimmers.

Recently bought these and they are JUNK.

The only time these are good is if I am lazy and haven't shaved my head in a couple of days. It will take it low, so I can use a Norelco shaver to take it down bald. Unfortunately, I got them from Sally's and you can't return them.
Did you zero gap the Slimline or just use it straight out the box? Properly adjusted they are a great trimmer.

Did you zero gap the Slimline or just use it straight out the box? Properly adjusted they are a great trimmer.
No never did, I heard of zero gaping but never done it with any of my trimmers.

Good looking out I didn't know that is what it was called, I did that back in the day with some "cheaper" quality clippers. Might have to perform it on all my clippers now. One of them I really need the blade sharpened, because they don't make the blades anymore. Curious if a knife sharpener would work?

Can't even be mad at dude doing a YouTube video with customers in the shop and dude in the chair.

Last edited:
One of the best things I ever did was learn how to cut my own hair. My uncle’s a barber so he began to teach me while I was in high school. Been doing it on my own ever since. A lot of trial and errors in the beginning, but worth it in the end. Especially when I see the prices you all are posting in here.

I been cutting my hair since HS but now that fades have taken off I'm back at the barber. I can't blend the way I want at home, even with the youtube tutorials. I just drop the $30 every few weeks on a crisp fade and do my own shape ups and beard maintenance in between.

I been cutting my hair since HS but now that fades have taken off I'm back at the barber. I can't blend the way I want at home, even with the youtube tutorials. I just drop the $30 every few weeks on a crisp fade and do my own shape ups and beard maintenance in between.

Understandable. Fading definitely takes time. A lot of trial and error for me over the years. But it’s doable with the right amount of practice. I can recommend trying to pay attention to your barber’s hand next time you go for a cut. And then in the weeks in between cuts, you can try to work on touching up the blends that they did. That way you can get a sense of what the different levers on your blades can do, and you can pick up on what should be done better on your next attempt. At the very worst, you can stop and go have him clean you up since you already had a cut pending.

1641522404065.png

What's the best foil shave for $100 and under preferably under, as I still get regular cuts just need something to maintain

0 gap and come back a fraction of the smallest amount you can. Like i use a mirror or a straight wall to zero gap the blade and the clipper so tilt it just so the blade comes back a mm
Yup. Did the exact same using the bathroom mirror. Also be prepared to be more light handed doing line ups.

0 gap and come back a fraction of the smallest amount you can. Like i use a mirror or a straight wall to zero gap the blade and the clipper so tilt it just so the blade comes back a mm
Exactly, I set mine near the edge of the counter and tilt toward me about 45 degrees and push the cutting blade down as I tighten the screws so the blades don’t shift.

Yeah i've gotten one of those zero gap tools and it never did better than me using a flat surface like a mirror and rocking it back a bit.

Really if you already been cutting your own hair a fade isn't too far off, just takes time patience, a leap of faith and some confidence.

IMG_2045.jpg

Old barber before moved his shop downtown.

I mean he nice but......

If he can get it go get it!

My one partner still goes to him and he don't plan on stopping lmao.
Aye man we go to the same barber too :lol:. Since I only go to Cincy from time to time I’d consider. He’s still the nicest barber I’ve been to

Back
Top Bottom