Black guy hair cuts

Nah the stylist told me to use tea tree oil. With some due diligence, I copped a scalp brush with some apple cider vinegar shampoo and conditioner.

I’ll try this too .. I took my backs out last night. The frizz was way to itchy. The top and sides aren’t as bad as the back so I’m gonna have to reevaluate what I’m doing with that area.

The night time seems to activate that itchiness. I’m hanging in there tho..
Is this your first time growing your hair out that long and getting it done? If so your scalp is definitely going to be thirsty. Depending how active you are and how much you sweat, either oil your scalp in the morning or at night

Also what are you putting on your head at night? Could be making the itchiness worse

I’m just going based off my experiences

Man you have barbers out here living lavish now.

It’s crazy

Why shouldn't they though? It's wild how people have been led to think barbers shouldn't be well paid, even though they play such an important role in how we look, feel, and carry ourselves on a daily basis. I think we can all agree that a great reliable barber who you completely trust with your hair is pretty rare and as such their time is valuable, IMHO.

Is this your first time growing your hair out that long and getting it done? If so your scalp is definitely going to be thirsty. Depending how active you are and how much you sweat, either oil your scalp in the morning or at night

Also what are you putting on your head at night? Could be making the itchiness worse

I’m just going based off my experiences

First time !! I’m currently hitting them with tea tree oil and a durag at night.

Why shouldn't they though? It's wild how people have been led to think barbers shouldn't be well paid, even though they play such an important role in how we look, feel, and carry ourselves on a daily basis. I think we can all agree that a great reliable barber who you completely trust with your hair is pretty rare and as such their time is valuable, IMHO.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be compensated for their talents.

However a lineup, taper shouldn’t be $40+ dollars. The good barbers raised their prices, which makes sense but now every other barber did too even when they don’t have the skills to justify it.

However a lineup, taper shouldn’t be $40+ dollars.

That's exactly what you're saying though. They have the right to set the price they feel their time and talents are worth and you have the right to refuse.

However a lineup, taper shouldn’t be $40+ dollars. The good barbers raised their prices, which makes sense but now every other barber did too even when they don’t have the skills to justify it.
Other issue though is real estate costs are going up, which means prices for a chair in the shop are likely going up. Dudes got to feed their families too.

I used to use the Jamaican anti itch spray at Sally’s and it helped for a few hours then the itch came back worse than before. You end up overspraying and it builds up on the scalp. A lil dab of Cantu moisturizer cream on the spot usually helps until the braids loosen up.

Heard the comment today, that the biggest hustle coming out of the pandemic/shutdown was the hair cutting profession. Had to say he made a good point with how prices have gone up
In 2019 I was paying 20,-25 and now I’m paying 40+ :lol: women still catch it worse from those gen z hairstylists though

Yea I got my joint braided too.. I get em done every 2 weeks and a line up or a cut to go with it.. but probly going cut all this joint off in the fall.. for the itch and tightness of your braids.. you gotta get the mousse.. spray the foam on and it’ll loosen up thr braids
A1819A1C-12EE-4219-8757-8F724B8CBF27.jpeg

You might even be allergic to the tea tree oil. I was allergic to coconut oil when applied externally and didn't realize until like 8 years later.

Hope not… wouldn’t my whole scalp be on fire ? I’m obviously in the experimenting stage and gotta find what works for me.

I’m thinking about fading the back a bit higher. That’s some of the worst irritation I’ve ever had.

A few cops from today :lol:

427652C6-9B51-4409-80AF-2E56D3F681DF.jpeg

Hope not… wouldn’t my whole scalp be on fire ? I’m obviously in the experimenting stage and gotta find what works for me.

I’m thinking about fading the back a bit higher. That’s some of the worst irritation I’ve ever had.

Gotta get the mousse.. makes a hell of a difference.. it’s a foam that loosens up the braids a bit

Gotta get the mousse.. makes a hell of a difference.. it’s a foam that loosens up the braids a bit
She put that on and let me sit under the dryer for 10 mins. Made a difference on top but didn’t help the backs.

Shower cap in the shower should solve this right ??

She put that on and let me sit under the dryer for 10 mins. Made a difference on top but didn’t help the backs.

Shower cap in the shower should solve this right ??

I use the mousse in the morning and night.. spray and Durag before sleeping and in the morning after showering I do it again… but I wash my braids too though.. just not every day.. shower cap when I don’t wash my braids

I go with pure natural oils. Some of those products got a lot going on in them.

Back
Top Bottom