Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

the varsity reds are really weak too lol. I'm always shocked when I see the prices those go for. the Infrared shade makes a lot of difference it's not a hypebeast thing :lol:

They were so trash to me son. They hit outlets for $90 and I STILL passed on both. Almost wish I grabbed a pair to beat up though. Their resale is ridiculous :lol: :smh:

They were so trash to me son. They hit outlets for $90 and I STILL passed on both. Almost wish I grabbed a pair to beat up though. Their resale is ridiculous
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Lol. I bought a pair VRs and played ball in them, completely beat up. I wish I would've kept them on ice if I see those prices nowadays

wore my VR6s to death but kept my infra pack on ice. VR6s were an easier cop than expected tbh, went like 4 hours after the store opened and picked between 3 pairs to get the one with least flaws

Not sure if I should just get a 2010 or cop these or both.

just grab the new ones, prices on the 2010 are steep to say the least. you could probably double up on this years and still pay less than for the 2010s

They were so trash to me son. They hit outlets for $90 and I STILL passed on both. Almost wish I grabbed a pair to beat up though. Their resale is ridiculous :lol: :smh:

agreed, I had a pair when they came out but sold em for like 150 a few months later when I found out about the infrared pack (it wasn't confirmed yet, still can't believe JB did that s***) but I would have bought em back just to wear as beaters/workout kicks if I knew they were gonna cost 300 now lol. at least they're coming back out but u gotta compete with all the hypebeasts now lol.

the line up for these is gonna be really funny, half old heads and half been trills :lol:

just grab the new ones, prices on the 2010 are steep to say the least. you could probably double up on this years and still pay less than for the 2010s
agreed, I had a pair when they came out but sold em for like 150 a few months later when I found out about the infrared pack (it wasn't confirmed yet, still can't believe JB did that s***) but I would have bought em back just to wear as beaters/workout kicks if I knew they were gonna cost 300 now lol. at least they're coming back out but u gotta compete with all the hypebeasts now lol.

the line up for these is gonna be really funny, half old heads and half been trills
laugh.gif
I figured more people would be pissed now knowing that even the "infrared" pack isn't infrared lol

I got a pair of VR VI's in Jan '10 for $96. I think I copped late in the day too. No fuss. This was only 4 years ago. Seems so long ago 
mean.gif

Nah, you get ashy suede with no 3M and you're gonna go crazy getting a pair, pay $170 and you're gonna like it. Now shut up. - Nike

Who knows though. Thinking about it, paying $180 for a pair of VI's, which is damn near double what I paid for my 2010 pair is sounding kinda crazy.
laugh.gif

I figured more people would be pissed now knowing that even the "infrared" pack isn't infrared lol
if the white infrareds are any indication of what the infrared will be on these than these aint infrared either, look like infrapink.

I got a pair of VR VI's in Jan '10 for $96. I think I copped late in the day too. No fuss. This was only 4 years ago. Seems so long ago :smh:

It's sad that those were pretty much "the good ol' days" compared to now in just about every way sneaker-wise :lol:

Last edited:

if the white infrareds are any indication of what the infrared will be on these than these aint infrared either, look like infrapink.
Infrared, the color, is reddish pink, a very, very bright red. The Air Max 90 VNTG that they dropped in the beginning of the year is a perfect example of the infrared shade.
yeah the infrared shade on the 2010s is still kinda dark but it's passible unlike the varsity red
Yeah, I'd take the pack instead of the VR's any day but they are definitely not infrared.

nah man, the pics that surfaced on the white infrared page dont look like infrared, and yeah ik what infrared look like, thanks for the lesson tho

Infrared, the color, is reddish pink, a very, very bright red. The Air Max 90 VNTG that they dropped in the beginning of the year is a perfect example of the infrared shade.
Yeah, I'd take the pack instead of the VR's any day but they are definitely not infrared.

nah man, the pics that surfaced on the white infrared page dont look like infrared, and yeah ik what infrared look like, thanks for the lesson tho

found this comparison, the darker ones are the ones from the pack, tho they look varsity red compared to this years

View media item 740717

Last edited:
found this comparison, the darker ones are the ones from the pack, tho they look varsity red compared to this years
nerd.gif

u sure? i got the ones from the pack and the varsities and the ones from the pack are certainly too dark to be "infrared" but they dont look THAT dark, might be just the lighting

On certain pics I'd agree, but on others, it looks pretty infrared to me. Even some of the videos showing the shoe and comparing it to the AM 90 model I was referring too show that the color blocking is identical. But yes, I understand what you mean, some pictures do make it look salmon colored.
Yeah I saw that video, but this guy doesn't really have the type of reputation that warrants any type of trust so idk if his '14 pair is what we will be getting come February. But the color difference in the video is crazy. If the black infrareds come with the infrared being shown on the white infrareds, I definitely won't mind one bit.

:nerd:
u sure? i got the ones from the pack and the varsities and the ones from the pack are certainly too dark to be "infrared" but they dont look THAT dark, might be just the lighting

I can only go by what dude said, I can only hope he knew enough to know whether he was holding a shoe that came from a pack or not :lol:. the only way to tell for sure is the insoles which are black on the VRs and Red on the Infrareds, and the supports in the air bubble which are red on the VRs and white on the Infrareds

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that video, but this guy doesn't really have the type of reputation that warrants any type of trust so idk if his '14 pair is what we will be getting come February. But the color difference in the video is crazy. If the black infrareds come with the infrared being shown on the white infrareds, I definitely won't mind one bit.
Ditto, can't wait to see if the real infrared shade makes a comeback on this year's VI's. I might be expecting too much from JB.
The shade they used on the 3Lab5's were somewhat close.

Ditto, can't wait to see if the real infrared shade makes a comeback on this year's VI's. I might be expecting too much from JB.
The shade they used on the 3Lab5's were somewhat close.
I feel like we'll get the right shade, just not the right everything else. They did get the lace lock on the white infrareds back to its infrared color instead of the black lace lock. They'll probably do the same on the black infrareds and make them just as short as the white ones. Hopefully durabuck will remake it's appearance on these as well.

we need pictures. I think I'll try to keep out of here until then, the "please say Nike Air" posts annoy me

Originally posted by beh235.

The fact that JB just decided to put NA on White/Cement III's is bs and confirmed what I believed all along. They use it as a ploy to drive up hype and demand. We have been complaining for YEARS for it, so when JB has run out of gimmicks, they use and old request to keep the machine going. I don't argue for stuff like this anymore because they use it as ammunition to jerk you around as a customer. When people get tired of retros, don't be shocked that some of your favorite models will be available for ID. It's up to you as a customer to be smart enough not to fall for their gimmick bs.
QFT.

The days when you didn't have to wait in line, or camp, when you didn't have to wake up early, the days when you could get the pair of J's you wanted easily without paying crazy resell prices, the days when heads copped because they loved the shoes not because it was the cool thing to do, the days when the love for MJ was the reason you were copping, the days when you copped because you loved the shoes and wanted to wear them, not just for trade bait or to resell, the days when if they didn't have your size you would try too find them at a different store not cop what ever size you could get because it's probably your only chance of getting a pair. Yeah I miss those days.
QFT again,, Nostalgic.
Now in days you either conform or get reformed..

Last edited:
I'm probably the only one, but I don't like infrared. The varsity red sits fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom