Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

My man :smile: Well lets think about it...

All releases now are $170, but...this year before November they bumped the price with $10, so...I am expecting the same trend this year as well.

Bottom line, ether $170 if we are lucky, or $180 if not so lucky, anyway they still are going to sale out. 

Man if they'd release the reverse infrared pair instead of these....wooo!

Gonna try to find a 2000 pair..knowing the current state of retros. 
Dawg that'd be so raw if they did. It's still early in this year...so who knows. 

If we're asking for durabuck, we might as well put 3m on the wishlist too
Nah, you get ashy suede with no 3M and you're gonna go crazy getting a pair, pay $170 and you're gonna like it. Now shut up. - Nike

Who knows though. Thinking about it, paying $180 for a pair of VI's, which is damn near double what I paid for my 2010 pair is sounding kinda crazy.

the nike air debate for me only matters on the jordan 1, these had nike air and was REPLACED with a jumpman, the 1s had a blank heel and they ADDED a jumpman (nike air on the tongue i dont care about) that being said the hype will be insane... again!

2010s still dead stock but looking forward to picking these up. By far one of my favorite sneaks ever.

View media item 737984
View media item 737986
Didn't realize packs were going for 1k on ebay.

I for one could care less about the nike Air on the back but thats just me.

I remember I initially bought the pack but by the time I got to the mall the only size they had left was too big. I look on eBay and they were only reselling for like 340-350 (I think retail was like 320) so I just returned it lol. and both varsity red versions were easy cops if you wanted them, now the black ones go for 300. idk what caused so much hype since then (don't say kanye cuz he hasn't worn them that much in recent years)

can't wait gonna be an easy cop! I honestly hope and pray for the NA branding!

you guys sound so dumb hoping for something that's not gonna be there lmao. all you'd have to do is look at the pics for the all red 6s and the white Infrareds to know that. yet some of you will still be disappointed when pics of the black infrared finally surface lol. reminds me of gambling addicts

this is actually the only shoe I don't care about Nike air on because the WHOLE SHOE is black and the NIKE AIR is also black so the only person that would know it's there is me lol. even if they had Nike Air, with that blue tint sole they'd probably still look worse than my 2010s by comparison

Last edited:
I remember I initially bought the pack but by the time I got to the mall the only size they had left was too big. I look on eBay and they were only reselling for like 340-350 (I think retail was like 320) so I just returned it lol. and both varsity red versions were easy cops if you wanted them, now the black ones go for 300. idk what caused so much hype since then (don't say kanye cuz he hasn't worn them that much in recent years)
you guys sound so dumb hoping for something that's not gonna be there lmao. all you'd have to do is look at the pics for the all red 6s and the white Infrareds to know that. yet some of you will still be disappointed when pics of the black infrared finally surface lol. reminds me of gambling addicts

this is actually the only shoe I don't care about Nike air on because the WHOLE SHOE is black and the NIKE AIR is also black so the only person that would know it's there is me lol. even if they had Nike Air, with that blue tint sole they'd probably still look worse than my 2010s by comparison

I agree with all that even the "Kanye didn't help the hype" statement cause he has wore the white Infrareds as well and they don't go for as much as the blacks, celebrities in general did help the hype though. And I been saying that, I don't care for Nike Air on any of the 6s since the only ones that have a different color branding are the Carmine's and I'm not really a fan, as far as people praying on Nike Air ... "We know about ya"

This release should equal the BC3 release from 2011 in terms of hype (if not more since there's a whole lot more bandwagoners at this point). Good luck to everyone trying to cop.
I would love for this release to be similar to the bc3 release for me in 2011. Went to ftl at 4a.m. with only 2 people ahead of me. Bought my pair with ease and no one else showed up. Asked the manager if it was ok to buy additional pairs with my 20% discount and he had no problem. Proceeded to buy the remaining pairs from size 10.5-12. 7 pairs total, used the profit to pay for my pair. If I could that again, then this release would equal my bc3 release experience:D.

as far as people praying on Nike Air ... "We know about ya"

indeed we do :lol:

I would love for this release to be similar to the bc3 release for me in 2011. Went to ftl at 4a.m. with only 2 people ahead of me. Bought my pair with ease and no one else showed up. Asked the manager if it was ok to buy additional pairs with my 20% discount and he had no problem. Proceeded to buy the remaining pairs from size 10.5-12. 7 pairs total, used the profit to pay for my pair. If I could that again, then this release would equal my bc3 release experience:D.

those days are long gone lol. I just hope it ain't too cold outside when these drop lol, get your camping gear. optimistically I'm thinking they will be Grape 5 numbers but they could be more like the Laneys, who knows

indeed we do :lol:
those days are long gone lol. I just hope it ain't too cold outside when these drop lol, get your camping gear. optimistically I'm thinking they will be Grape 5 numbers but they could be more like the Laneys, who knows

I hope they're like the Laney's. I love the black Infrareds, top 3 shoe no doubt, but I will never camp for a pair of kicks as I've stated before lol I just can't bring myself to do it. If I don't get em, oh well, they'll definitely bring them back within 5 years and I'm not in a rush to spend money on a brand that doesn't wanna take it by not producing enough/making the process any easier. Maybe they'll even be on a restock or something who knows.

I love the black Infrareds, top 3 shoe no doubt, but I will never camp for a pair of kicks as I've stated before lol I just can't bring myself to do it. If I don't get em, oh well, they'll definitely bring them back within 5 years and I'm not in a rush to spend money on a brand that doesn't wanna take it by not producing enough/making the process any easier. Maybe they'll even be on a restock or something who knows.

ALL OF THIS. I've pretty much felt this way about every release of the last 2 years. If they're on point and obtainable, I'm there. If not? I get to sleep in AND save money. I love missing out on shoes :lol:

LOL now that's the best case scenario. I'm sure even in an area like that, it won't be as easy. I know some spots back in 2011 that had mini riots for the BC3s.

ALL OF THIS. I've pretty much felt this way about every release of the last 2 years. If they're on point and obtainable, I'm there. If not? I get to sleep in AND save money. I love missing out on shoes :lol:

I feel you guys, I only cop a few shoes a year so I don't mind a little camping for what I want. just enjoy this time in the thread before dudes come in here talking that "need at least 3 pairs"

Man I remember the last time these came out I walked in fl grabbed my size and walked out way after rd...doubt that will happn again...smh

the days when VR6s were on sale... and when people were still hesitant to spend cash on the infra pack.

The days when you didn't have to wait in line, or camp, when you didn't have to wake up early, the days when you could get the pair of J's you wanted easily without paying crazy resell prices, the days when heads copped because they loved the shoes not because it was the cool thing to do, the days when the love for MJ was the reason you were copping, the days when you copped because you loved the shoes and wanted to wear them, not just for trade bait or to resell, the days when if they didn't have your size you would try too find them at a different store not cop what ever size you could get because it's probably your only chance of getting a pair. Yeah I miss those days.

The days when Marshalls carried what many people now consider their grails.

Laneys, Flightposite 3, Zoom Turbine, the entire original Battleground series

Man I was a kid and they had 11.5-12s in the Navy Turbines for $30. I was only a 9 at the time. If I knew better, I shouldve copped two pairs to hold on ice until I grew into them. 

The days when you didn't have to wait in line, or camp, when you didn't have to wake up early, the days when you could get the pair of J's you wanted easily without paying crazy resell prices, the days when heads copped because they loved the shoes not because it was the cool thing to do, the days when the love for MJ was the reason you were copping, the days when you copped because you loved the shoes and wanted to wear them, not just for trade bait or to resell, the days when if they didn't have your size you would try too find them at a different store not cop what ever size you could get because it's probably your only chance of getting a pair. Yeah I miss those days.

All of this!

The fact that I'm seriously contemplating messing with pre-sellers almost a year in advance just to avoid the fiasco of a Black Friday release just to secure a pair. Nauseating.

Good times you guys speak of. I remember my gal and I casually walking in mid-day, no rush, tried on a couple different sizes. Paid and strolled out..

Now just about any release you're late if you're not there at 7 or 8 am, shoe stores open earlier than the mall. :smh:

I ALWAYS THINK OF THAT WHEN IT COMES TO MY VR 6'S IN 2010…I LITERALLY WALKED INTO A STORE BEFORE RD AND PAID RETAIL AND WALKED OUT… EASY AS CAKE… I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT TWO

the varsity reds are really weak too lol. I'm always shocked when I see the prices those go for. the Infrared shade makes a lot of difference it's not a hypebeast thing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom