Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

You know you're an OG when you remember having 28.8K dial up.

EDIT: ...and then that exciting feeling you got when you thought 56K was insanely fast.

Last edited:
I still find it a little bizarre that you have to actually walk into a shoe store and hope to win the chance to buy a shoe lol. it just doesn't sit right in my mind, like what are we doing :lol:
I totally agree. I brought a friend who wasn't into sneakers to get a ticket, and he didn't unserstand why I had to win a raffle to spend that kind of money on a shoe.

Welp. No calls yet. One HOH said either today at latest fingers crossed

netscape navigator

screeching sound when logging in......the oh shi moments you get if someone calls your phone, picks up or uses your phone, or when your phone jack cord is pulled :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to take a shower for a picture to load.

Going to dinner for an mp3 to finish downloading on Napster.

Take a week long vacation to download a video/game

I still find it a little bizarre that you have to actually walk into a shoe store and hope to win the chance to buy a shoe lol. it just doesn't sit right in my mind, like what are we doing
laugh.gif
I'd still say it's better than waiting in line for hours or camping and still not being guaranteed your size.

Awesome! Enjoy the visit

Your internet speed won't matter if for example the Nike server receives a lot of traffic. There site will just crash. At the end of the day it comes to how much traffic there (nike) server can handle after that you will just be in the hold page hoping someone drops their cart.

But to answer your question, your download speed is faster than the standard which is approximately 30Mb/s. You'll be fine getting to the website, but keep in mine there are going to be THOUSANDS of other users on the site trying to get the same shoe!
If thats the case then I'm ******

Last edited:
Hi Guys, i'm new here but long time lurker of the message boards. Just received my pair from WeekendDrop and am pretty concerned:

1. No material stickers on both insoles (those brown spots on the insole appear to be flakes from the shoe tree

2. the 3 ridges on the right ankle collar seem to be faded  meaning they do not stick out as much as the left shoe

photos taken with the same lighting

3. The shoe trees appear to be much longer than any other pair of 6s I have purchased this year. In fact it took me quite a bit of time to get the ankle cardboard pieces out (due to this) to inspect the inside of the shoes

The shorter shoe tree on the right is from the Sport Blue 6 release purchased from FTL. don't even know what that brown mole looking thing is on the Weekenddrop pair

4. Each shoe has a different production date range - right shows 05/27/14 - 07/12/14 left shows 06/11/14 - 07/14/14

Sorry I can't get a photo of this as I can't get my IPhone to grab a pic. But I couldn't make these dates up if I tried

5. In addition there are some dirt markings on the sole and some ashy marks on the toe box (which I was expecting from JB) i'm not to concerned although I expect better if these shoes are described as 100% Authentic and deadstock. 

6. The tissue paper which comes in between the shoes also appears to be a lighter colour than the other 6 releases this year and the garbage bag paper to me feels lighter and more transparent

Tissue paper on the right is from the Sport Blue 6s and the left is from the Weekenddrop pair. The tissue paper seems to be of better quality on the SB6s to be honest

The garbage paper on the right is from the SB6s and left is from Weekenddrop. Its hard to see the difference in transparency from this pic. I noticed that the Weekenddrop garbage paper is not of the same width and does not cover the bottom of the box as well as the SB6 from FTL.

7. No 3M on the bottom perforations

Pics without Flash

Pics with Flash.

Thats all I have for now. Sorry to create such a large post but was hoping to get some comments. I know for sure that these are not legit. I've been collecting Jays for years and this is the first time I have bought something outside of a Jordan Brand Account dealer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Why is everyone so sure about weekend drop being 100% legit? They could easily mix in GM and a few authentic (if any). Not everyone who buy shoes know the difference.
This is the type of release, that i would not bother buying from stores other than FL,FNL,FA,ect.. These have been in production for MONTHS, fake factories had half a year to perfect these fakes. (Almost like Red Octobers, BUT BETTER!)

Also like stated previously, these WILL sell out, and people will miss out. Dont be fooled. Ebay prices will hit 300+, and then level down to 250ish before the 11s craze begins. So if you do happen to miss out, i suggest not buying from ebay. I have seen many cases where seller stamp GM pairs boxes and include a "receipt"

All this talk about the raffle system is late! As consumers, you all were supposed to put an end to that when they first started. But just like the price increases, you let it ride so… Here you are with the raffle. 
Other than that, if you are not the type to network with store managers and key associates in these stores then you should be prepared to start shelling out the extra money. The infrared VI's have been in the streets since the summer (photo shown from July in NYC) and trusted sites like MARQUEESOLE have had sizes since around the same time. I copped legit pairs doing both. Major cities (I have seen them also in Atl & Mia) and trusted sites offer them for extra money GUARANTEED! 
So again if you don't fit the bill, STOP complaining. The stores are only allowed to do these Raffles because you the consumer let it pass. So deal with it accordingly and go get you a pair if you really want them. 
marqueesole is well known to sell only fakes tho, so nice try wit that subtle advertisement

Why is everyone so sure about weekend drop being 100% legit? They could easily mix in GM and a few authentic (if any). Not everyone who buy shoes know the difference.
This is the type of release, that i would not bother buying from stores other than FL,FNL,FA,ect.. These have been in production for MONTHS, fake factories had half a year to perfect these fakes. (Almost like Red Octobers, BUT BETTER!)

Also like stated previously, these WILL sell out, and people will miss out. Dont be fooled. Ebay prices will hit 300+, and then level down to 250ish before the 11s craze begins. So if you do happen to miss out, i suggest not buying from ebay. I have seen many cases where seller stamp GM pairs boxes and include a "receipt"
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom