Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Question for anyone who bought any of the 2014 VIs.

How do they 'feel' on foot compared to the 2010 versions?

Is there any difference?  

I owned the 2010 Black/Varsity Red VIs and they felt stiff, narrow, and lacking in cushioning.   As good as these look, i'm wondering if they'll be any different

from the 2010s in that respect.

Thanks. 

Hey everyone, I haven't bought a pair of jordan's in awhile and would love to get my hands on these. I don't have any sort off raffle ticket, but I live in Los Angeles and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

I have good internet speeds but of course, that's not guaranteed, how do you think I'll do with the speed listed below? Also if anyone wants to let go of an 11 I will pay slightly higher than retail but nothing crazy

View media item 1276610

Last edited:
Hi Guys, i'm new here but long time lurker of the message boards. Just received my pair from WeekendDrop and am pretty concerned:

1. No material stickers on both insoles (those brown spots on the insole appear to be flakes from the shoe tree

View media item 1276540

View media item 1276541

2. the 3 ridges on the right ankle collar seem to be faded  meaning they do not stick out as much as the left shoe

View media item 1276542

View media item 1276543

photos taken with the same lighting

3. The shoe trees appear to be much longer than any other pair of 6s I have purchased this year. In fact it took me quite a bit of time to get the ankle cardboard pieces out (due to this) to inspect the inside of the shoes

View media item 1276545

The shorter shoe tree on the right is from the Sport Blue 6 release purchased from FTL. don't even know what that brown mole looking thing is on the Weekenddrop pair

4. Each shoe has a different production date range - right shows 05/27/14 - 07/12/14 left shows 06/11/14 - 07/14/14

Sorry I can't get a photo of this as I can't get my IPhone to grab a pic. But I couldn't make these dates up if I tried

5. In addition there are some dirt markings on the sole and some ashy marks on the toe box (which I was expecting from JB) i'm not to concerned although I expect better if these shoes are described as 100% Authentic and deadstock. 

6. The tissue paper which comes in between the shoes also appears to be a lighter colour than the other 6 releases this year and the garbage bag paper to me feels lighter and more transparent

View media item 1276546

Tissue paper on the right is from the Sport Blue 6s and the left is from the Weekenddrop pair. The tissue paper seems to be of better quality on the SB6s to be honest

View media item 1276547

The garbage paper on the right is from the SB6s and left is from Weekenddrop. Its hard to see the difference in transparency from this pic. I noticed that the Weekenddrop garbage paper is not of the same width and does not cover the bottom of the box as well as the SB6 from FTL.

7. No 3M on the bottom perforations

View media item 1276551

View media item 1276552
View media item 1276553

Pics without Flash

View media item 1276554

View media item 1276555

Pics with Flash.

Thats all I have for now. Sorry to create such a large post but was hoping to get some comments. I know for sure that these are not legit. I've been collecting Jays for years and this is the first time I have bought something outside of a Jordan Brand Account dealer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I honestly think your good. My Slam Dunk 6's from WindyCity Sole have the long shoe trees as well. I got my Infrareds from ISS, so I will check those when I get home.

I honestly think your good. My Slam Dunk 6's from WindyCity Sole have the long shoe trees as well. I got my Infrareds from ISS, so I will check those when I get home.

Thanks for the reply. I'm more concerned with the two different production dates more than anything. I have never actually seen that before in a pair of shoes. Just the overall quality to me does not seem right. Too many things I have noticed from the packaging to the actual shoe.
That actual brown spot in the shoe tree actually looks like some kind of mould or something when I turn it over lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I'm more concerned with the two different production dates more than anything. I have never actually seen that before in a pair of shoes. Just the overall quality to me does not seem right. Too many things I have noticed from the packaging to the actual shoe.
That actual brown spot in the shoe tree actually looks like some kind of mould or something when I turn it over lol

The two different production dates are nothing to worry about. I've seen several legit shoes with two different dates. Don't know what that brown spot is though lol.

I keep reading "huge GR" but that means nothing if the demand is bigger than the supply. Im starting to think that some of you feed into this GR nonsense to look trendy and plugged in. The Concords were a huge GR by definition also. Are the pairs of shoes going to regenerate themselves just because it's Black Friday?
QFT ...I don't usually read threads after realease day but this will be an exception , BTW those 9's on your avi really take me back. I remember copping those at Broward mall in Florida when I was eleven by myself. Parents gave me a an hour and spending money and it all went to those. Wore them the same day too.

I may be out the loop but i hope we aint talking about PM'ing links to the usual suspects of release carriers 

child please throw then thangs on thread 

if not someone always does

for them insta reps 

Last edited:
Also like stated previously, these WILL sell out, and people will miss out. Dont be fooled. Ebay prices will hit 300+, and then level down to 250ish before the 11s craze begins. So if you do happen to miss out, i suggest not buying from ebay. I have seen many cases where seller stamp GM pairs boxes and include a "receipt"
no one said they wouldn't 

these are going the route of the grape V my dude 

they sold out took about a couple of hours but sold out. everyone and their momma will have these for sale 

and you cant give away a pair of grapes right now 

but congrats on moving ur 260$ resell pairs though 
laugh.gif

I keep reading "huge GR" but that means nothing if the demand is bigger than the supply. Im starting to think that some of you feed into this GR nonsense to look trendy and plugged in. The Concords were a huge GR by definition also. Are the pairs of shoes going to regenerate themselves just because it's Black Friday?
QFT ...I don't usually read threads after realease day but this will be an exception , BTW those 9's on your avi really take me back. I remember copping those at Broward mall in Florida when I was eleven by myself. Parents gave me a an hour and spending money and it all went to those. Wore them the same day too.
I think the mass GR you will be fine applies to the people who are experinced with online cops

like how to deal with FNL SPA, Work with nike, and all the spots releases online even the lesser known ones that were posted in this thread eallier 

yea some dudes will fail 

but the mass GR you will be fine card applies to those of us here that have battled the online crowds before and one manual or not

i mean if your copping 11's online you should be fine with these if your are experinced, everyone had these and online stock will be very high for those in the know!!!

noobs though im not saying anything is a easy cop for them my Dude 

It's common for the left and right shoe to have different dates fyi
There's assembly lines for right shoes and for the left. It gets mixed

they sold out took about a couple of hours but sold out. everyone and their momma will have these for sale 

but congrats on moving ur 260$ resell pairs though :lol:  

Not sure about Grape V... But I see these going like the Carmine release. Carmine was super GR also, and those did pretty good resell wise. I think the BI-6 are more sought after compare to Carmines.

but congrats on moving ur 260$ resell pairs though :lol:  

lol, you just felt the need to throw that in? 260 is considered resell? lol. ppl in here paying more for suspect kicks :rofl:

Thanks for the education. I didn't know that. I went through quite a few pairs in my collection to check and all seemed to match. Learn something new each day. Do the dates sound about right?

Last edited:
Not sure about Grape V... But I see these going like the Carmine release. Carmine was super GR also, and those did pretty good resell wise. I think the BI-6 are more sought after compare to Carmines.
really lmao 

i didn't know i had no intrest in those 

i copped on my phone for giggles on my way to work though. just to see if i could 

Back
Top Bottom