BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

First of all I want to say this is messed up and I hope justice is served for this man and his family.

With that being said... going back to the other thread about race that was made not too long ago... this thread pretty much proves that there is indeed a problem here.

Nike Air was definitely out of line. With that being said... so are other people in this thread. Not all white people are the enemy or racist for that matter, so to treat them as such, or to imply that non whites can't be racist in America is just wrong. Such thinking actually does far more harm than good.

What this country need more than anything is police reform and to really try and tackle corruption in our government. We haven't had real progression since the civil rights movement, and the reason why is because back then people knew the only chance we had at more freedom was by banding together... regardless of race, and boycotting these establishment that is oppressing us. At the end if the day money talks in America.

We really do need more celebrities to back movements like this or even ne the head of it because that's the only way to get the attention of the masses it seems. We really do need to have another million man march...

Also KHUFU is definitely a racist that gets away with spewing nonsense everywhere. Also, if anyone was wondering, yes I am black, yes I have been assaulted by police for no good reason in the past, and no, I am not offended by the term "person of color", and no I would never move anywhere "down south".
Ima keep it real wit you wo, you sound wild soft ...Ain’t no “banding together regardless of race”, few other ppl in other races really wants to help black folk out if we being honest, that’s proven time and time again...Knowing this and seeing these type of bs events still happening, there should be no problem if we don’t rock with other ppl or look at all em with the side eye

It took you guys a long time to ban him it seems.
As much as I personally dislike KHUFU KHUFU KHUFU KHUFU his post got deleted in a goddamn millisecond
Do you guys really not understand volunteering to moderate a website during free time? Like, my kid and work and whatever else comes before this.

I was on when I saw his comment. I wasn't on when NikeAir was going wild. Apparently no one else was, either.

It's really just that.

This is no one's JOB; it's a volunteer effort, and a HIGHLY unappreciated one at that.

Literally the ONLY time people comment on moderating is to complain... but they'll clown Karen for constantly wanting to speak to the manager.

Sometimes things get nabbed immediately; sometimes they go hours, even days.

Do you guys really not understand volunteering to moderate a website during free time? Like, my kid and work and whatever else comes before this.

I was on when I saw his comment. I wasn't on when NikeAir was going wild. Apparently no one else was, either.

It's really just that.

This is no one's JOB; it's a volunteer effort, and a HIGHLY unappreciated one at that.

Literally the ONLY time people comment on moderating is to complain... but they'll clown Karen for constantly wanting to speak to the manager.

Copy got you

Because I don't like blanket statements or people trying to tell me what I should be offended by.
Did anyone TELL you that you SHOULD feel offended by that?

Or did someone just explain why the phrase "People of COlor" can present a problem?

****, other black folks don't want to help each other out... every devil ain't pale, but good luck trying to win a "race war" alone, we are at a disadvantage living here in America, and refusing "help" from someone else because of their ethnic background is very ignorant. Plenty of white folk have died for the freedoms we have today, obviously more work needs to be done.

We haven't had real progression since the civil rights movement, and the reason why is because back then people knew the only chance we had at more freedom was by banding together... regardless of race, and boycotting these establishment that is oppressing us. At the end if the day money talks in America.
Interesting approach.
Idealistic approach.

Good luck with that.

What would be an appropriate setting for someone to suggest your prejudice to you? What setting would leave you comfortable enough to cause you to consider that suggestion?
If I am speaking to someone who had a complete understanding of OUR history, the Black experience in America, someone who is also Black, sharing the same history, only then would they be qualified to even broach such a topic with me, or any other Black woman or Black man. There is no person outside of someone Black, educated, then also coming from a non Christian mindset, who could even come close to telling anyone Black about how they should feel about anyone who benefits from White privilege, through white supremacy, there isn't even an appropriate setting for such.

Now, the problem is clear, White privilege will make white people think that they can broach the topic, anyplace they wish. That is the problem right here, and there are posters who think that they can regulate how and where Black people can even talk about the Black experience, while on NikeTalk. So they'll have the chance to call a mod such as yourself, then squelching any discussion, that will make them face their racism.

In other words, they want the Black people here to become Black, when it is convenient for them.

Because I don't like blanket statements or people trying to tell me what I should be offended by.

Why doesn’t it offend you? Have you never been in a situation where it was used in a negative connotation against you? What about the word “boy”, or “son” they don’t use “thug” as freely anymore so I won’t include that one.

I’m genuinely just curious.

I've always interpreted POC as a general term referring to all non white people... like you know, when the black panthers would power to the people. They weren't just talking about black people buy too all the under represented people in America... ie all non whites.

Context makes a big difference when you're talking about the word boy or son...

It's really just that.

So as u said this
i decided to check all the staff/mods profiles
and see when they were last on
SteveSteve72 SteveSteve72 was viewing this very thread 52 mins ago
and aint do anything
and looking at all the staff
and how absent most are
over 75% havent even been on nt this month
dont yall think its time to make a few cuts and get more proactive folks
who hold the same values as u guys
i understand yall have lives

First of all I want to say this is messed up and I hope justice is served for this man and his family.

With that being said... going back to the other thread about race that was made not too long ago... this thread pretty much proves that there is indeed a problem here.

Nike Air was definitely out of line. With that being said... so are other people in this thread. Not all white people are the enemy or racist for that matter, so to treat them as such, or to imply that non whites can't be racist in America is just wrong. Such thinking actually does far more harm than good.

What this country need more than anything is police reform and to really try and tackle corruption in our government. We haven't had real progression since the civil rights movement, and the reason why is because back then people knew the only chance we had at more freedom was by banding together... regardless of race, and boycotting these establishment that is oppressing us. At the end if the day money talks in America.

We really do need more celebrities to back movements like this or even ne the head of it because that's the only way to get the attention of the masses it seems. We really do need to have another million man march...
Also KHUFU is definitely a racist that gets away with spewing nonsense everywhere. Also, if anyone was wondering, yes I am black, yes I have been assaulted by police for no good reason in the past, and no, I am not offended by the term "person of color", and no I would never move anywhere "down south".

You do realize that this is a thread, where a Black man was killed by white racists, correct?
With that example, do you even know what a racist actually is?

Why doesn’t it offend you? Have you never been in a situation where it was used in a negative connotation against you? What about the word “boy”, or “son” they don’t use “thug” as freely anymore so I won’t include that one.

I’m genuinely just curious.
That **** happened at a deli by my crib. A black guy in front of me was buying something don’t remember the exact situation but the cashier called him boy. We both stared at each other like did this guy actually done say that ****, and then he asked me did I hear him correctly? I was like yea I heard that **** too, if you wanna go crazy on em we out but you’re your own man so you make the decision and he choose to left it alone. Never met the guy before and that **** was weird. They were behaving weird with my homie too who is black so he plays lottery at other stores when he’s near me and I don’t **** with the place no more neither

You do realize that this is a thread, where a Black man was killed by white racists, correct?
With that example, do you even know what a racist actually is?

Yes I know what we're talking about and I know what you are... and you're definitely not Webster so I don't care to hear what your definition of it is.

I've always interpreted POC as a general term referring to all non white people... like you know, when the black panthers would power to the people. They weren't just talking about black people buy too all the under represented people in America... ie all non whites.

Context makes a big difference when you're talking about the word boy or son...
Exactly.

If the TOPIC at hand is about BLACK MEN, why should THAT phrase EVER be introduced into the conversation?

So you don't see how it diminishes the actual group of people that is being hurt in THIS situation?

It's really just that.

jrose5 jrose5 was elected after Meth's impeachment so I think you should expect health insurance and other benefits soon. #MYADMINISTRATOR.

Back
Top Bottom