Black Men- Its 2009, why do lightskinned girls get so much preference?

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

YO I'm not black and through where I live/school I'm around mostly white people msot of the time.....is this like a big issue in the black community?

Because I have heard this from black friends and a lot on NT.....is it that huge of a thing that people have stereotypes of each skin shade of black person? seems way OD to me.
What do you mean ?
people saying "light skinned girls act ___" or "dark skinned girls always _____" etc.
Yes , it's very stereotypical & very wrong .

That's just like me saying all people with blue eyes tend to be less intelligent than people with brown or something ...

Really doesn't make any sense ... people are individuals , regardless of color , they're going to act the way they act because that's the way theyare .

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

And for the record, we aren't dealing with National Geographic and this isn't Animal Planet either----animals have one primary objective and physical attractiveness isn't a criteria for that objective----compared to the minds of humans which are far too complex to that of animals.

I definitely don't want to get into that...
no but it's clearly the primary factor in initial attraction. you're not gonna even approach a girl who you don't find attractive, get outta here with that.

we are wired to want to reproduce with women we find attractive. don't try to debate that. that's all i'm saying.

Originally Posted by besthandsInDM

Yes, the last part came across as "they have to look good for me to be interested regardless of other qualities". Apologies if I misunderstood something...
no i guess you understood....but you really think that's shallow? damn. i don;t know one dude who wouldn't agree with me.

so u never found an attractive girl that u killed and she still have a low self esteem. look how much sexy girls have girlfriends who are not as good looking(in the eyes of the beholder) n they have a man and have kids, but their sexy friends are walking around lookin man or single n lonely. u cant say that causenuff girls who u find attractive have too much self issues to deal with, n nuff man has already been thru that. not sayin u not gonna get a piece, but supposeu r not her type.

even that look how much sexy/attractive girl give u some an she have a man, when u see her man, u see she's with a scrub, some lame dude who can'tdress as good as u or even on your level.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

it's preference...........and it's also has a lot to do with black people hating on there darker halves

basically

this thread is silly

when these threads always come up they are always silly.

I like a mix I don't care. I would take a Dark Chick with asian eyes, white nose, and nappy hair anyday of the week
pimp.gif
as long as she looks right and hasgood head....on her shoulders. nah forreal though she gotta be smart

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Not to sound arrogant but, Im a person worthy of respect---and I give it back to those that show it to me , that's all Im saying. I don't care how dark skinned or light skinned you are; or how big your alcorn squash patch is---point blank.

Far from arrogant, that's called having standards and not accepting just anyone. Fam, I'm the same way...

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I like a mix I don't care. I would take a Dark Chick with asian eyes, white nose, and [color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]nappy hair anyday[/color] of the week
pimp.gif
as long as she looks right and has good head....on her shoulders. nah forreal though she gotta be smart
roll.gif

shhh just made me laugh for some reason

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

You can't let go cuz the LS people will be hype they are LS and DS people will be mad they are looked down up or looked passed b/c they are dark. Its a vicious cycle that will be hard to fix. It starts with people stop talking about good/bad hair. Kids pick up on stuff early and stuff can stick with them for the rest of they life.
But they don't realize it .

who doesn't realize it?
Adults who picked up on these things as children .

There are certain things I know now that I sit back & wonder "Where did I GET that from ? Why do I have that ideology ?"

i feel you but as adults now or at least people of age and reason we have to be careful what we say/do around children..."if you know better you do better" least you should do better
ohwell.gif

and what about the people around u, or around your kids?

I honestly think it is because of the way society has been shaped. In America, people of light skin color have been overlyrepresented everywhere; more specifically in the media. People tend to flow into the direction of things they are used to. Therefore, because people are morelikely to see a person of lighter skin color whether they are white, mixed, or whatever, they will subconsciously develop a preference towards them. Do youthink that in Africa, light skinned women are more preferred? maybe.. But I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it..

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

it's preference...........and it's also has a lot to do with black people hating on there darker halves

basically

this thread is silly

when these threads always come up they are always silly.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by cycopth

and what about the people around u, or around your kids?
you can't control what they do but thats why people have to talk to their kids...just like they should talk to them about drinking, drugs, andsex...so they don't learn this stuff from their friends or others outside the house...

popchampagnechair.gif

Anyhow if I wanted a lightskinned chick, I'd just get a white girl. With black girls, I could go either way. Slim/fit dark skinned black girls arehot!!!
pimp.gif

Body type>>>>skin color

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

popchampagnechair.gif

Anyhow if I wanted a lightskinned chick, I'd just get a white girl. With black girls, I could go either way. Slim/fit dark skinned black girls are hot!!!
pimp.gif

Body type>>>>skin color
damn skippy buuuurrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by myhandstank

The same reason females like dudes with six-packs its all prefence
No .

No , not at all ... it's TOTALLY different .

How?
How? There is no connection in your analogy. Did you take the SAT's? Like I don't know where to begin where you failed at.

The thing is there are alot of factors for this reasoning tho. I find it funny that alot of people that got mad in the "Avg white girls are better thanother races" post aren't mad at this "avg lightskin girls are better than dark skin girls". I mean that's just the way it is. Sometimes I find myself slippin' and slap myself back into reality.

Truthgetsbusy

I'm just saying to some people it comes down to prefrence not lightskin > darkskin

there is nothing wrong with preference

154dbtx.jpg

Truthgetsbusy

I'm just saying to some people it comes down to prefrence not lightskin > darkskin

People saying they prefer/ are attracted to light skin girls over dark skin girls is preference.
People saying light skin girls look better than dark skin girls, or saying that dark skin girls are more likely to have stank attitudes that dark skin girlsdeal nothing with preference, those are just small-minded and ignorant statements people try to pass of by saying its "preference."

When you prefer something, that means you will accept both options, but just happen to like one more than the other.
When you try to place characteristics on a person, or in this case a group of people, based on something they can't change (like their shade of skin)it's called being prejudice.

smh.gif
@ the shallowness of scaling a person based on their skin complexion.

Slaves thinking like the colonist.

I have no preference. But I've already met my dream woman, and she has chocolate skin.

And in my opinion, she is physically, ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

FLAWLESS.

And out of pure respect for her, No, I will not post her picture.

Originally Posted by Numba1stunna038

I honestly think it is because of the way society has been shaped. In America, people of light skin color have been overly represented everywhere; more specifically in the media. People tend to flow into the direction of things they are used to. Therefore, because people are more likely to see a person of lighter skin color whether they are white, mixed, or whatever, they will subconsciously develop a preference towards them. Do you think that in Africa, light skinned women are more preferred? maybe.. But I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it..

you have a point... but lighter skin is more preferred in Africa and its a damn shame, women in Africa are actually using hazardous skin bleaching products inorder to make themselves lighter... I too am guilty of subconsciously choosing fair skinnned women over a dark skinned women... this is a habit that I havebeen trying to break for years, famu isn't helping me break this habit either...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom