Black men....we need to talk.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

my bad fam, you know how i do though...if i smell BS, imma argue whatever the point is...

im sick of everyone saying black women are constantly trying to be something they arent, when the reality is 98 percent of$ white girls over the age of 8 tans about 60 percent of the time shes awake....not to mention the masses of women with botox in their lips and implants in their *$@$*....

if not to look less white/more ethnic, then why?
How come skin bleaching gets criticized but then tanning yourself to look like a dark roasted turkey is seen as it being done for aesthetic reasons?

There is such a double standard to it. So, if darker skinned people bleach or want their skin to be lighter, it is self hate in trying to fit into the mold of more of a euro-centric look. But then, you have people who tan shades darker or even to the point of their skin looking like leather, no one cries that it is self hatred, but that it is done for aestithic reasons to look "healthier" with a bronze tint or even help them "look" thinner.

laugh.gif

Exactly...all the Michael Jackson jokes but now it's different. White women tan like they get their nails done. That should say enough. They can't answer that though. Because they don't wanna admit the truth....I'll say it again......

Everybody wanna be a _, but nobody wanna be a _ !.......And for dummies that means they want the look, style, swagger but not the problems that come with being black in America.
I agree with your statement as I've seen this %++% alot, coming up around a lot of white folk(guys for the most part) but at the same time you can't consider a white girl tanning as a notion of wanting to be black. I've never seen a white girl tan to the point of looking brown. And if you're talking about attempting to look light skinned then you could make a case that they're simply trying to mimick the tone of their southern european brethren or want a south american look.

Do you get the point I'm trying to make though? It's basically the perspective YOU choose to view things and from my experiences of dating/smashing/whoring out/befriending a ton of white girls, I NEVER got the idea that they wanted to be black. I jokingly made a comment to one of these broads saying she tans so much she's gonna look like me one day and she responded, "trust me, I don't wanna be black". Almost put hands on her that day.
I guess you didn't see what I said in response to DE on the last page....Its not them wanting to be black. I've said that. It's them wanting to look black/darker. Don't lie if some these chicks could have Jada Pinkett's shade and still be considered white they would. When ol girl said "I don't wanna be black" she wasn't even talking about her skin color she was talking about the whole black experience.

It's true fam. Just admit it. Italian broads that are darker even tan.

And you said you never seen a white girl tan til she's brown? It's not possible fam. They can get oompa loompa orange trying tho.
laugh.gif
But doesn't our skin tone define us as being black? I mean, be real, we were looked at as lesser beings because of our skin was colored differently from whites. It's the reason for slavery. Dark skin = black (which includes the black experience) in most societies, so yes, SHE WAS talking about her skin color.

you really asking white girls "so you wanna be black?"

did you NOT get the paul mooney quote, bro?
Guess you missed the part where I said I said it in a joking manner? This dude loves to change up and omit important @%@# from peoples statements.

and yet, me being mixed makes me less able to speak on this topic than you?
Me smashing white girls doesn't make me less black. You being mixed with white does, unfortunately, make you less black. 2-1 = 1 and that fact can never be disputed.

yawn.

im black and proud of it. nothing some kid on NT, especially one so experienced with white girls, is gonna change that...lol.

black is a race with a culture, not just the color of your skin, btw...

how could a mixed mutt such of myself possibly know this while youre FULLY black and clueless?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

tanned skin is associated with health and leisure and youth and beauty in today's society. i don't want to say it's a "status symbol," but it' something along those lines.

just like back in the day in some european countries it was desirable to be pale, as it indicated you didn't labor outdoors and were probably well-off, or being fat indicated you were wealthy enough to eat in excess, etc.

dudes saying white girls "tan because they want to be black" sound dumb as hell

at the same time,

when did the european ideal of beauty change from

VERY PALE AKA AS FAR FROM BLACK AS POSSIBLE (infact, they'd smear arsenic on their skin to artifically whiten their skin...)

to

TANNED ENOUGH TO BE OF MIXED RACE (ironically, now, they smear tanning cremes on their skin to artifically darken their skin)

you attribute it to "youth and beauty"

i attribute it to subconsciously not wanting to be white.

j-lo got the same white girl in the 90s who was blonde and had the body of a 12 year old gay boy wanting to be darker with a fatter %*@ in the newmillenium.....period.

you can argue all you want, i see it with my very own two eyes. chicks tan because they don't find their natural white skin as attractive as theirartificially "DARKER" skin

?????

But then again, I was never pointing out that white girls or non-blacks who tan want to be black. I was talking about the double standards of it. Whether someone like MJ did it intentionally or not, he got criticized for self-hate and that he wanted to be white because of skin bleaching. But then again, you can get someone like Jessica Simpson or Kim Kardashian tanning themselves to looking like leather scaled oumpa loumpas and rarely would the majority of the public cry foul and say it is because they are self-hating and want to be "black". Tanning gets more than a pass than skin bleaching, when they are two different extremes of the same coin.

You do realize most of that self-hate talk directed at Michael Jackson came from black people right?

Here's another question which may or may not pertain to this particular discussion (depending on how you answer). As separate entities, do you agree withtanning and skin bleaching? Do you think either of them is wrong?

What's funny is that me and my girl were watching that new pageant show about the lil' young girls doing these beauty contests and they had a lil'light skinned girl on there and the moms took her tanning right for the competition
laugh.gif

Now where does a black girl tanning fit into your opinion on the subject?

black is a race with a culture, not just the color of your skin, btw...

how could a mixed mutt such of myself possibly know this while youre FULLY black and clueless?

So our cultures being different was the reason why my ancestors were made slaves? No, they were made slaves because their skin color weredifferent and didn't look like white people. Your skin color (black) is the first thing people look at when judging you and making associations, NOT yourculture or where you come from. Stop trying to minimalize skin color because you're of the lighter shade, Debarge.

And I stand by my statement that you don't fully know black because you yourself aren't fully black.

But then again, I was never pointing out that white girls or non-blacks who tan want to be black. I was talking about the double standards of it. Whether someone like MJ did it intentionally or not, he got criticized for self-hate and that he wanted to be white because of skin bleaching. But then again, you can get someone like Jessica Simpson or Kim Kardashian tanning themselves to looking like leather scaled oumpa loumpas and rarely would the majority of the public cry foul and say it is because they are self-hating and want to be "black". Tanning gets more than a pass than skin bleaching, when they are two different extremes of the same coin.
You do realize most of that self-hate talk directed at Michael Jackson came from black people right?

Here's another question which may or may not pertain to this particular discussion (depending on how you answer). As separate entities, do you agree with tanning and skin bleaching? Do you think either of them is wrong?

What's funny is that me and my girl were watching that new pageant show about the lil' young girls doing these beauty contests and they had a lil' light skinned girl on there and the moms took her tanning right for the competition
laugh.gif

same thing.....dont wanna be pale and what naturally white people look like...

lemme guess, her mom was the white woman, while her daddy was black?

cause honestly, i don't know any black people that tan...at all. go to the beach, stay outside, comment on their tan, but go TO the tanning salon? never.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by DEpast

You know what's funny, my name is Brad too.

Why are all white Brad's labeled as W-iggers?

Congratulations...you're a meat head son.

indifferent.gif
Wow... I didn't catch that the first time....

I thought everyone would catch that Brad from Real World said it in his best tough guy voice. I thougt it wad funny and I definately wasn't trying to callanyone out so I'm sorry.

Here's another question which may or may not pertain to this particular discussion (depending on how you answer). As separate entities, do you agree with tanning and skin bleaching? Do you think either of them is wrong?

What's funny is that me and my girl were watching that new pageant show about the lil' young girls doing these beauty contests and they had a lil' light skinned girl on there and the moms took her tanning right for the competition
laugh.gif

same thing.....dont wanna be pale and what naturally white people look like...

lemme guess, her mom was the white woman, while her daddy was black?

cause honestly, i don't know any black people that tan...at all. go to the beach, stay outside, comment on their tan, but go TO the tanning salon? never.
Both her parents were black buddy, nice try.

And why don't we, as black people, look down on the many of us who DON'T want to be darker? Myself included, I know dudes who bob and weave throughsunlight in the summer time so they don't get darker. People callin' out white folks for being darker than normal yet we stuntin' on our owncomplexion.

smh.gif
Damn I know Truth wish he could lock his own thread right about now. Being one of the few ppl reading every post in this thread or keeping up with these offtopic arguments it's sad how willing yall are to engage in some stupid shhh

But I guess this thread was destined to end up like this. Went from ppl not knowing what the %%$+ the topic was about to %$!$*+*!$%$#! really on somecompletely other $@%#....

tanned skin is associated with health and leisure and youth and beauty in today's society. i don't want to say it's a "status symbol," but it' something along those lines.

just like back in the day in some european countries it was desirable to be pale, as it indicated you didn't labor outdoors and were probably well-off, or being fat indicated you were wealthy enough to eat in excess, etc.

at the same time,

VERY PALE AKA AS FAR FROM BLACK AS POSSIBLE (infact, they'd smear arsenic on their skin to artifically whiten their skin...)

to

TANNED ENOUGH TO BE OF MIXED RACE (ironically, now, they smear tanning cremes on their skin to artifically darken their skin)

j-lo got the same white girl in the 90s who was blonde and had the body of a 12 year old gay boy wanting to be darker with a fatter %*@ in the new millenium.....period.

you can argue all you want, i see it with my very own two eyes. chicks tan because they don't find their natural white skin as attractive as their artificially "DARKER" skin

?????
it wasn't about "being as far from black as possible," it was about not being tan to show you didn't need to labor outside.

why are you throwing race into there when it doesn't even apply?

same thing goes for the second part...."tan enough to be of a mixed race?" i have rarely if ever seen white girls who tan to this extent. and if theydo, that's their preference. again, tanning now has a variety of positive connotations attached to it, hence why it is seen as beautiful and why many girlstan. you'd be hard-pressed to find a girl who does so because she "wants to look black/of a mixed race."

and you're right that they don't find their skin as attractive when it isn't tanned (i'm talking about girls who do tan, not all girls).

but you simply can't connect that to race. i guarantee if given the choice to be black or have a black skin tone, the vast majority of these girls wouldquickly decline. as was mentioned earlier, black women are not held as the standard of beauty in today's society. hence all the arguing in the first placeabout how black men don't like black women enough, etc. etc.

p.s. how is tanning "artificial?" and how does that matter? fake tanning is no different from tanning aside from the fact that it bring with it noelevated risk for skin cancer. you're making it sound like it's a concoction of toxic chemicals white girls are poisoning themselves with for the sakeof beauty. stop exaggerating.

at the same time,

to

j-lo got the same white girl in the 90s who was blonde and had the body of a 12 year old gay boy wanting to be darker with a fatter %*@ in the new millenium.....period.

you can argue all you want, i see it with my very own two eyes. chicks tan because they don't find their natural white skin as attractive as their artificially "DARKER" skin

?????
it wasn't about "being as far from black as possible," it was about not being tan to show you didn't need to labor outside.

same thing goes for the second part...."tan enough to be of a mixed race?" i have rarely if ever seen white girls who tan to this extent. and if they do, that's their preference. again, tanning now has a variety of positive connotations attached to it, hence why it is seen as beautiful and why many girls tan. you'd be hard-pressed to find a girl who does so because she "wants to look black/of a mixed race."

and you're right that they don't find their skin as attractive when it isn't tanned (i'm talking about girls who do tan, not all girls).

but you simply can't connect that to race. i guarantee if given the choice to be black or have a black skin tone, the vast majority of these girls would quickly decline. as was mentioned earlier, black women are not held as the standard of beauty in today's society. hence all the arguing in the first place about how black men don't like black women enough, etc. etc.

p.s. how is tanning "artificial?" and how does that matter? fake tanning is no different from tanning aside from the fact that it bring with it no elevated risk for skin cancer. you're making it sound like it's a concoction of toxic chemicals white girls are poisoning themselves with for the sake of beauty. stop exaggerating.

no, i'm making it sound as if they arent happy with their natural white pasty skin, therefore use fake products or sit out in 64 degree sunlight for 8hours to DARKEN THEIR SKIN.

laugh.gif

and please, if i had a dollar everytime a white girl told me she wishes she had my skin tone, i'd own every OG jordan....lol

I know LS black girls who don't go to tanning salons but do like to get darker in The summer. My roommate is ethiopian and light and I've heard hercomplain about being pale.

at the same time,

to

?????

same thing goes for the second part...."tan enough to be of a mixed race?" i have rarely if ever seen white girls who tan to this extent. and if they do, that's their preference. again, tanning now has a variety of positive connotations attached to it, hence why it is seen as beautiful and why many girls tan. you'd be hard-pressed to find a girl who does so because she "wants to look black/of a mixed race."

but you simply can't connect that to race. i guarantee if given the choice to be black or have a black skin tone, the vast majority of these girls would quickly decline. as was mentioned earlier, black women are not held as the standard of beauty in today's society. hence all the arguing in the first place about how black men don't like black women enough, etc. etc.

p.s. how is tanning "artificial?" and how does that matter? fake tanning is no different from tanning aside from the fact that it bring with it no elevated risk for skin cancer. you're making it sound like it's a concoction of toxic chemicals white girls are poisoning themselves with for the sake of beauty. stop exaggerating.

Are you serious???

Tanning is artificial if you sit under a heat lamp.
laugh.gif
and if you gotoutside and lay under the sun all day then that's artificial also. And isn't tanning putting you at risk for cancer more than someone who doesn't?

Wow you are wildin. If they could have Beyonce's skintone they would if they got to keep their "white card". Don't lie

guess you're right......all white girls want to be black and/or j.lo. you really hit the nail on the head with that one.

Originally Posted by lovemysole

Originally Posted by bruza

Originally Posted by lovemysole

Originally Posted by bruza

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Here is a simple concept. How about you marry a woman because you love her, not based on the color of her skin.

Thank you

My gf is white and of course the race topic comes up but I am at a point in my life where I'd rather be with a girl who's down for me and has many similar interests (regardless of race). So what if she doesn't have the same skin color?

We get all kind of
eyes.gif
looks when we're out but we just keep it moving.

Hmmm Seattle is a pretty interacial city and as far as being "happy" the city has accepted it more so than others but my ex and I got stares from our own kind. He's black and 6'6" and I'm Filipino and 5'2" and we usually get black girls looking at me like !$+ and vice versa. I'm not sure why ... I eventually got over it and just say it's because he's tall as #*#%.
grin.gif

My girl and I were up in Seattle a few months ago and we definitely noticed that. I actually wouldn't mind moving up there.
Oh yea? Where are you from? It's a pretty chill place to live ... I've lived here most of my life and I love what I've experience/see here. Summer is def crackin' -- always hella places to go/be at. We just got done with Sea Fair and Hemp Fest and Bumpershoot is right around the corner.
pimp.gif

I'm living in Salt Lake City now but have lived in Texas and New York before that. I go up to Seattle for work a lot and it's one of my favoriteplaces to visit. My girl liked it a lot too when we went. It's mainly the scenery, climate and diversity I like most. The seafood doesn't hurtthings either.

Ricardo Malta wrote:

A mixed dude speaking on topics discussing FULL BLACK folk is of another discussion but something that irks me to no end.

Preach!!!!!!

laugh.gif

The MJ claims that he is self-hating came from the public, including the black community. I was just trying to show examples how there is a doublestandard when it comes to tanning vs. skin bleaching. One is seen as being done for aestithic reasons and the other is seen as being done out of self-hate. So,why are they not held in the same regard?

In my opinion, both are not good for your skin. But, if whoever wants to do that to their own skin, more power to them - their choice. But, I think peopleshould love their skin color as it is without having to resort to chemicals and toxic rays and put your danger in health all in the name of vanity. My opinionholds for people who tan of ANY race or ethnicity.

I am pretty much fair-skinned, but with an olive undertone due to my Middle Eastern genes. Over here, my Middle Eastern friends criticize my skin color andtell me I need to get a tan just to get a bronze or glow since I seem too pale to them. But, in the Middle East, I remember I used to get complimented on myskin so much. Different standards of beauty in different societies.

roll.gif
Joseph Camel Jr wrote:

guess you're right......all white girls want to be black and/or j.lo. you really hit the nail on the head with that one.

roll.gif

not all, but even you would have to admit post-jlo, the idea of "white beauty" has changed vastly from pre-jlo era....

thick lips, dark tans, fat $!#%!.....

aka the opposite of what most white girls are born with.

you can argue that point all you want, i don't reallty care....

this isn't what the topic is about, im just tired of it always being "black girls do......"

lol@ignoring the point of my posts and focusing on hyperbole and humorous responses...."NO, NOT ALL WHITE WOMENWANT TO BE BLACK, I ASKED THEM......they just want to make theirselves darker than they were born, and have aspire to have features andbody types unlike their mothers even 15 years ago..."

eyes.gif

of course im making generalizations....
roll.gif

i mean, neo-nazi's don't wish they had thicker lips and darker skin...

but 90 percent of the breezies on The Ohio State University campus do.....

call it whatever you want....lol

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Ricardo Malta wrote:

A mixed dude speaking on topics discussing FULL BLACK folk is of another discussion but something that irks me to no end.

Preach!!!!!!

eyes.gif

6a00d09e58b435be2b011016b50a4b860d-320pi

i guess this mixed brother should stop concerning himself with FULL black folks issues like failing school systems and tons of underachieving black kids...

eyes.gif

you right, your FULLY dark skin gives you more clout than him on FULLY black issues...

yet, EYE am the ignorant one?

roll.gif

Joe Camel you don't get it.....good luck in life

Every black person on here will tell you unless they Wesley Snipes dark, that our skin has been complimented on by numerous white people. I've heardcomments from white girls who wanna have mixed babies for this very reason. Don't act like white people don't wanna be darker....they spend money todo so. I guess it hurts your heart.
Ricardo Malta wrote:

Preach!!!!!!

Actually him being white and black gives him more insight....FULL black discussion?
laugh.gif
Oh my goodness.

I agree with you to some extent. However, these days, not only are girls tanning, you have men in droves who tan too. My bets friends used to workat a tanning salon, most of their clients happened to be white and in their 40's, both men and women. They even used to have Middle Eastern men/friends whoare in their late 20s come in to tan. Ridiculous.

But, my main argument was that tanning gets a pass, when to me, it is just the same as skin bleaching. It is maybe not trying to conform to look another race,but it definitely is changing the tone of your skin color to appease to a certain ideal of beauty.

As for your last statement, c'mon!!!!Of course tanning beds are artificial!It is actually so disgusting. I did it twice and hated it. I felt like myinsides were frying. It is poven that tanning beds, as well as tanning too much under the sun cause skin cancer, especially if you do not have enough melaninin your skin (ie. white/caucasians). A recent study came out putting tanning beds in the same category as mustard gas and arsenic chemicals for proven tocontain carcinogens, which is cancer-inducing. The study also indicated that if you go under tanning beds before the age of 30, 75% chance you will get skincancer. So yes, as you said - "you're making it sound like it's a concoction of toxic chemicals white girls are poisoning themselves withfor the sake of beauty" - that is exactly what they are doing!

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

What is that guys name? I wanna look up his school but I can't remember the name of it.
steve perry.

and while i'm at it...

obama1.jpg

what does he have to say about FULLY black issues?

jealous.jpg

what does THIS mixed dude have to say about FULLY black issues?

(bet you FULLY black QUALIFIED dudes can't even tell me who the last cat is...
laugh.gif
..or the first cat for that matter, either...)

Joe Camel you don't get it.....good luck in life

Every black person on here will tell you unless they Wesley Snipes dark, that our skin has been complimented on by numerous white people. I've heard comments from white girls who wanna have mixed babies for this very reason. Don't act like white people don't wanna be darker....they spend money to do so. I guess it hurts your heart.

i never said black skin was bad or ugly or inferior to white skin. so why are you bringing that up?

you're the only one making racist generalizations, and you say "don't lie" and "don't act like....." when i call them out forbeing just that.

and thanks for the "good luck." i'll need it when i graduate from an ivy league university with an a average. life's been pretty hard

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I agree with you to some extent. However, these days, not only are girls tanning, you have men in droves who tan too. My bets friends used to work at a tanning salon, most of their clients happened to be white and in their 40's, both men and women. They even used to have Middle Eastern men/friends who are in their late 20s come in to tan. Ridiculous.

But, my main argument was that tanning gets a pass, when to me, it is just the same as skin bleaching. It is maybe not trying to conform to look another race, but it definitely is changing the tone of your skin color to appease to a certain ideal of beauty.

As for your last statement, c'mon!!!!Of course tanning beds are artificial!It is actually so disgusting. I did it twice and hated it. I felt like my insides were frying. It is poven that tanning beds, as well as tanning too much under the sun cause skin cancer, especially if you do not have enough melanin in your skin (ie. white/caucasians). A recent study came out putting tanning beds in the same category as mustard gas and arsenic chemicals for proven to contain carcinogens, which is cancer-inducing. The study also indicated that if you go under tanning beds before the age of 30, 75% chance you will get skin cancer. So yes, as you said - "you're making it sound like it's a concoction of toxic chemicals white girls are poisoning themselves with for the sake of beauty" - that is exactly what they are doing!
right..... i wasn't thinking about tanning beds.....i live out in san diego most of the time. it's strictly natural sunlight out there
pimp.gif
my bad.

i agree with the first bolded part of your post completely....that's what i was trying to say.

and yeah tanning beds are bad...but sunless tanning is harmless. active ingredient = DHA, or dihydroxyacetone, a simple carbohydrate, which causes a chemicalreaction with the amino acids in dead skin that turns it brown.

That fully black comment was extremly dumb. LIFELESSONS stay havin some slick @%*! like that to say. You go to hard sometimes and most of the time it comes offas if you really don't know what you're talking about. We can have discussions about these issues w/o personal attacks. Some of you just havet gottento that level yet I guess.

Back
Top Bottom