black/red 23 line pics?

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight
these peeps wear jordans and most look like they never even picked up a basketball before.
smh.gif

why don't yall get off resellers nuts????
They decided to stand in line, so they decide if they want to keep em. Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't stand in line for 1,000 dollars???
i don't buy shoes to resell, but I most def. respect anyones hustle. You should have camped earlier. Im willing to bet all yall saying you wouldn'tresell, would have. Who wants these ugly shoes over a 1,000 bucks??????????? Just be real.
Timeless Flight- is that the Active off of W. Fuqua, or Telephone??

^^^ When I think of shoe collectors I think of guys like those. Collectors dont have to be ballers. Same way sports analyst dont have to be good athletes. Ifeel your frustration tho, Im hating the fact that those bozos are gonna get some exclusive Jordansl

Originally Posted by jaysonmytoes23

Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't stand in line for 1,000 dollars???
for a week? no, but im not ******ed. i wouldnt even wait in line overnight for a grand. how worthless must your time be to endure somethingthat demeaning?

Thanks to the news earlier, these dudes will probably be "Headlines" when Jack Boys come around! *&^# isn't new around around here...

No point blaming the resellers, they're just the consequence of JB using the Internet to market their products.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight
these peeps wear jordans and most look like they never even picked up a basketball before.
smh.gif
(rant)
EXACTLY. I can remember when the first or second Houston Sneaker Summit back in 02/03 (Yes Houston, wherethese pictures was taken) was going to a gym to PLAY BALL. All of us actually laced up our shoes except for 1 dude and ran full court. I walked into a"exclusive sneaker shop" today to see dudes with jeans on so skinny they could barely walk, wearing about 5 different neon colors, their flat billedhats bent up 45 degrees and sportin extra smedium shirts on. I was like, "what is this?" What happened to those Jordan and Nike heads out there thatused to buy sneakers because they loved the game and the man (Jordan)? I can't wait till the summit this weekend. I mean, I guess its good that sneakersare popular now, but at what cost? They have become something bigger than just the sneaker itself. Now dudes are just getting em because they are popular. Thelove of the sneaker is just not there anymore....I'm looking forward to the day this sneaker "fad" dies out and the true heads can continue onwith their love. Unfortunately, like mentioned in an earlier post, much of the "sneaker game" or whatever it is called is a product of Nike andJordan and their marketing. Lining up days for shoes? What happened to showing up to the mall a few hours before? What happened to dudes actally wearing theirkicks for basketball?

I walked into Office max the other day to hear 3 dudes arguing about the 11/12 CDP pack. One guy said he woud not be buying them because "everybody elseis going to have them and will be trying to look fresh". What happened to buying the sneakers because you actually like them and you remember what Michaeldid on the court with them on? This is the same dude who said to me "it's weird to see a *!!%+!@# in West U rocking Pennys". I was wearing myPippens at the time.

Yes, I'm mad

^^^I totally agree with you,I don't consider the people buying today true sneaker heads. I work for nike and we just sit back and laugh at all these peoplejust buying jordan's cause it's the in thing now. I've been collecting for a minute now but I'm just disgusted with what's going on now.What u people don't realize is that all the jordan brand people just capitalize off of your willingness to buy anything they put out,even with the worstquality stuff out there you guys will still buy it. Believe me,it's gonna get worse jordan brand is running off the hype we create and as long as you guysare willing to buy anything they will keep producing unnecessary shoes.

I SEE YA'LL FELLAS REPPIN FOR H-TOWN IN THAT PIC! U DEFINITELY GOT HEART, BUT YA'LL BETTER BRING A GLOCK OR 2,CUZ THAT ACTIVE ATHLETE IS IN THE HEARTOF THE HOOD!!! LOL. HOLLA...

CED B.

Originally Posted by jaysonmytoes23

why don't yall get off resellers nuts????
They decided to stand in line, so they decide if they want to keep em. Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't stand in line for 1,000 dollars???
i don't buy shoes to resell, but I most def. respect anyones hustle. You should have camped earlier. Im willing to bet all yall saying you wouldn't resell, would have. Who wants these ugly shoes over a 1,000 bucks??????????? Just be real.
Timeless Flight- is that the Active off of W. Fuqua, or Telephone??

NEITHER.THATS THE ACTIVE ATHLETE ON CULLEN. THEM CATS GOT MAJOR HEART CAMPIN OUT ON THAT SIDE OF TOWN. GOD BLESS 'EM...HOLLA!

CED B.

you work for nike and your saying that jordan capitalizes on our willingness. and you guys sit back and laugh? what an employee

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

(rant)
EXACTLY. I can remember when the first or second Houston Sneaker Summit back in 02/03 (Yes Houston, where these pictures was taken) was going to a gym to PLAY BALL. All of us actually laced up our shoes except for 1 dude and ran full court. I walked into a "exclusive sneaker shop" today to see dudes with jeans on so skinny they could barely walk, wearing about 5 different neon colors, their flat billed hats bent up 45 degrees and sportin extra smedium shirts on. I was like, "what is this?" What happened to those Jordan and Nike heads out there that used to buy sneakers because they loved the game and the man (Jordan)? I can't wait till the summit this weekend. I mean, I guess its good that sneakers are popular now, but at what cost? They have become something bigger than just the sneaker itself. Now dudes are just getting em because they are popular. The love of the sneaker is just not there anymore....I'm looking forward to the day this sneaker "fad" dies out and the true heads can continue on with their love. Unfortunately, like mentioned in an earlier post, much of the "sneaker game" or whatever it is called is a product of Nike and Jordan and their marketing. Lining up days for shoes? What happened to showing up to the mall a few hours before? What happened to dudes actally wearing their kicks for basketball?

I walked into Office max the other day to hear 3 dudes arguing about the 11/12 CDP pack. One guy said he woud not be buying them because "everybody else is going to have them and will be trying to look fresh". What happened to buying the sneakers because you actually like them and you remember what Michael did on the court with them on? This is the same dude who said to me "it's weird to see a *!!%+!@# in West U rocking Pennys". I was wearing my Pippens at the time.

Yes, I'm mad

I hate the ppl with the 08 hypebeast look. When i was 14 and woke up at 6 to get the white green spiz'ikes, Grapes and the CG IIIs i met some real sneakerheads. That was before i knew what i know now. Now I understand what the game is about.

Not everybody is gonna have that package.
The 6/17 sold out and i've only seen 2 people rock (all wearing varsity red shirts)

collecting sneakers and keeping them ds because you loved what Jordan did in them is efffin stupid. Hop off his nuts and wear them

Originally Posted by thekronic1

you work for nike and your saying that jordan capitalizes on our willingness. and you guys sit back and laugh? what an employee

i was thinking the same thing....he even comments on the quality lol.....
laugh.gif

9 days in line for a sneaker??? I hope this is something those dudes really want because they def wasted nine days of their time waiting for this shoe and theydid it in freezing weather.

Been a true sneaker head since '89. Finally had the cash to get the DMP pack with the black 4's and was excited! people were lookin at me like i lostmy mind when i took them straight out the box and wore them this weekend...I REFUSE to spend $150 to $200 on my J's to have them sit up and collect dust...

Back
Top Bottom