Black Star ft. Common "Respiration" Appreciation

aepps20

Supporter
I love this song it is one of my favorite of all-time.� Anytime you have my three favorite MCs on the same track it's great.�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i always wished these dudes would create at least an ep, it would have been epic and this song shows exactly why

oh well its 08 now

common's starring in trash movies and making linen shirt music
mos def hates rap and wants to be a movie star
talib kweli is trying to make "club bangers"/ go mainstream

(sigh) i wish it was 1999 sometimes...

"Blastin' holes in the night till she bled sunshine"... WOW!!! What more can I say? WORD TO HOV!!
Rawkus in 1999 was murkin' 'em....

Top ten greatest Hip Hop songs of all time. Just my opinion though. Classic cannot describe how I feel about this track.

"Blastin' holes in the night till she bled sunshine"... WOW!!! What more can I say? WORD TO HOV!!
Rawkus in 1999 was murkin' 'em....

Agreed.

"Breathe in, inhale vapors from bright stars that shine/ Breathe out weed smoke retrace to skyline"

"for trees to grow in Brooklyn seeds need to planted, Im asking if you yal feel me and the crowd left me stranded"

"It's a paradox we call reality so keeping it real will make you a casualty of abnormal normality"

"we new york the narcotic
Strength in metal and fiber optics
Where mercenaries is paid to trade hot stock tips
For profits, thirsty criminals take pockets
Hard knuckles on the second hands of working class watches"

To many quotable versus in that song. Well Appreciated.

mos def just went in. for some reason i never liked common's voice over this beat. either way, one of the greatest hip hop songs ever! appreciated.

Mos and Kweli spit for sure, but Common single-handedly murdered this joint.

Veteran of a cold war
In Chica-I-go for
What I know or, what's known
So some days I take the bus home, just to touch home
From the crib I spend months gone
Sat by the window with a clutched dome listenin to shorties cuss long
Young girls with weak minds, but they butt strong
Tried to call, or at least beep the Lord, but didn't have a touch-tone
It's a dog-eat-dog world, you gotta mush on

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by elevenairs

i love this song! the remix with black thought too

The remix is ill too, with Black Thought and Pete Rock on the beat.

I like the OG more though, has a darker feel and the beat fits perfectly with the lyrics

They all had great verses however Commons verse just stuck out to me the most. If someone asked me whose verse i liked the best i would have to say Commonsverse.

Will love this song til the day I die. One of the greatest hip-hop songs imo. Greatly appreciated.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Everyone killed this song. The remix is appreciated also
pimp.gif
"So much on my mind..."

I was bumpin this on the train this morning, I love that track, I really wish the state of hip-hop was better. I can't remember when was the last time igot excited for a collab or an album to come out. I miss the old days man
frown.gif

This is an incredible song. Real NY/East Coast hip hop.

In addition, it's one of the best executed videos to a rap song ever. The mood and visuals enhance the whole experience.

Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom