Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

^

Nope.

And the Japanese Americans would have never received their reparations if it wasn't for the pressure they put on the government.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I find it troubling that there is a disassociation from Africa. Not knowing many of your ancestors created modern day science, math, algorithm, architecture, medicine, astronomy the list goes on but savages shackled up and hauled in the bellows of a ship like animals is a suitable start to teach what America thinks of you.

Well I do disassociate myself from Africa. I don't consider myself an african american, I'm an American black.

Well I do disassociate myself from Africa. I don't consider myself an african american, I'm an American black.

what does it mean to be an american black. Not trying to be offensive but it sounds like a dog breed.

if african american or american blacks or blacks cannot agree on many trivial things, how are they supposed to unite and come together?

Last edited:
Wow team fake deep derailed the conversation for no reason you guys go on and talk about kemet and mansa musa for the millionth time

I need to think about my opinion on this one but I am leaning towards something other than materialist items
For example, college tuition, possibly land. Just a thought
Tariq spoke on the college tuition idea. And his thought was that it is essentially taking money from the right hand and passing it to your left if it goes that route.

In my opinion, the black Panthers had it right. They created their own social programs and disengaged from the State. A call for reparations moves directly away from that. It's too bad their insurgency tactics were so poor in comparison.

In my opinion, the black Panthers had it right. They created their own social programs and disengaged from the State. A call for reparations moves directly away from that. It's too bad their insurgency tactics were so poor in comparison.

Why did the panthers fail? The government killed leaders and did their most to stop any of their programs. The government had a major hand in their failing therefor they owe the black community.

what does it mean to be an american black. Not trying to be offensive but it sounds like a dog breed.

if african american or american blacks or blacks cannot agree on many trivial things, how are they supposed to unite and come together?

Unite? That'll never happen. Africans are racist. They don't like American blacks, they look down on us. This is partly why I disassociate myself from them. Why would I want to be part of group that blatantly does not like me. Plus I am so far removed from any African people in my family I don't even count it. I was lucky enough to be born with 3 great grandparents that were still alive, I have 1 left. They told me so much about my their families and where I come from so I can comfortably say I know exactly who I am without having to be able to pick which tribe of africa my people were kidnapped from.

An let me clarify my statement about being an American black, I am actually a Jamaican American. But a consider a black American someone who's parents, grandparents, great grand parents were born here in America. Simple. True African Americans are the ones whose family are from Africa.

Last edited:
Unite? That'll never happen. Africans are racist. They don't like American blacks, they look down on us. This is partly why I disassociate myself from them. Why would I want to be part of group that blatantly does not like me. Plus I am so far removed from any African people in my family I don't even count it. I was lucky enough to be born with 3 great grandparents that were still alive, I have 1 left. They told me so much about my their families and where I come from so I can comfortably say I know exactly who I am without having to be able to pick which tribe of africa my people were kidnapped from.

An let me clarify my statement about being an American black, I am actually a Jamaican American. But a consider a black American someone who's parents, grandparents, great grand parents were born here in America. Simple. True African Americans are the ones whose family are from Africa.

I could say the same thing African Americans look down on Africans. Adding fuel to the fire won't get you anywhere.
Good for you! Many African Americans do not have that knowledge so consider yourself blessed.

I see makes more sense now. I think all of people of color, should help one another no matter of your Haitian, Jamaican, Nigerian what have you. Everyone goes through the struggle. But the attitude of "forget them its all about me and mines" doesn't work all the time.
I personally think many African Americans hate one another. And by hate I mean belittle, look down if ones income isn't as fortunate as theirs. This is off topic, hopefully African/American black/coloreds/darkies/ African Americans whatever you call yourself can turn around and do better. I'm sure it won't be in my lifetime.

Are blacks indigenous to Jamaica?

I could say the same thing African Americans look down on Africans. Adding fuel to the fire won't get you anywhere.
Good for you! Many African Americans do not have that knowledge so consider yourself blessed.

I see makes more sense now. I think all of people of color, should help one another no matter of your Haitian, Jamaican, Nigerian what have you. Everyone goes through the struggle. But the attitude of "forget them its all about me and mines" doesn't work all the time.
I personally think many African Americans hate one another. And by hate I mean belittle, look down if ones income isn't as fortunate as theirs. This is off topic, hopefully African/American black/coloreds/darkies/ African Americans whatever you call yourself can turn around and do better. I'm sure it won't be in my lifetime.

No you can't. African parents tell their children not to bring home American blacks because we are not good enough. American blacks don't have these kind of conversations with their children. I'm not adding fuel to any fire I'm just acknowledging what is already out there. I have no ill will towards Africans at all. The animosity comes from the other side. An that's cool, it is their right.

Are blacks indigenous to Jamaica?

I don't know. I just know that's where my father's family from going back 4 generations. If blacks were somewhere else before Jamaica that is of no consequence to me. It doesn't change the fact that my pops family is still from Jamaica.

Do black americans consider themselves African?

If not, do you consider yourself an american?

if so, why is the racial label African-American still being used if you don't consider yourself African?

Last edited:

No you can't. African parents tell their children not to bring home American blacks because we are not good enough. American blacks don't have these kind of conversations with their children. I'm not adding fuel to any fire I'm just acknowledging what is already out there. I have no ill will towards Africans at all. The animosity comes from the other side. An that's cool, it is their right.
Can confirm. Sit behind an African chick from Ghana in my lecture class that im cool with that told me straight up most Africans have little to no expectations of African Americans and the cultural differences between the two is day and night.

80% of the things I did coming up in my household probably wouldn't fly in hers.
Do black americans consider themselves African?

If not, do you consider yourself and american?

if so, why is the racial label African-American still being used if you don't consider yourself African?
Don't really consider myself either tbh.

No clue as to where my tribe came from in Africa before they were brought to the colonies so I really have little connection other than my skin color w/ Africa, and obviously I don't consider myself American.. System is racist as hell, this only feels like home because I've never had the opportunity to leave it.

Last edited:
I've always found interesting that black Americans or African-Americans to some still hold onto the African part of it when they have been in america more than 1 or 2 generations.

If you ask a black british what he considers himself they will say british and thats that. There's exceptions, of course, like 1st generation immigrants etc... But its like that in other parts of the world as well. Black french people solely consider themselves french and thats all. Even immigrant from ex-french colonies immigrating to France consider themselves French.

Granted, African-American history in the US is completely different than that of Europe.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. The only people stopping black people from succeeding is black people. I see this all the time. Like crabs in a bucket. If you don't act, talk and dress like the stereotypical black person other black people look at you funny and try to make fun of you because of their hidden insecurities.

Let's be honest. The only people stopping black people from succeeding is black people. I see this all the time. Like crabs in a bucket. If you don't act, talk and dress like the stereotypical black person other black people look at you funny and try to make fun of you because of their hidden insecurities.
Yea that is the ONLY thing holding black people back.

I agree, that holds some folks back but that is minuscule man. No way you can believe that is a major reason why blacks don't succeed.

If someone lets THAT stop them from making it, chances are they weren't even on pace to making it. So I can't agree with that being the only reason.

So you are ignoring the fact that there are things structured in society to hold down people of color?

This post was a bunch of garbage.

How about the state of public schools in urban centers for one? Nah, but black people are preventing themselves from rising above the obstacles they face. Silly me.
I've always found interesting that black Americans or African-Americans to some still hold onto the African part of it when they have been in america more than 1 or 2 generations.

If you ask a black british what he considers himself they will say british and thats that. There's exceptions, of course, like 1st generation immigrants etc... But its like that in other parts of the world as well. Black french people solely consider themselves french and thats all. Even immigrant from ex-french colonies immigrating to France consider themselves French.

Granted, African-American history in the US is completely different than that of Europe.
There's no legacy of African enslavement in Europe.

Last edited:
Lets face it, the truth is Black African's, and Black Carribean's are doing much better statistically in America, than Black Americans.

Back
Top Bottom