Blu & Exile, Wale, Kidz in the Hall, The Cool Kids.....

Wale,youre def a hypebeast tho
laugh.gif

i am too tho...damn..*goes to buy levi 501stf and dunks*
ohwell.gif

Finally listened to some Wale tracks and it's growing on me. I will be listening to him even more. Also like i said earlier, Strange Fruit Project is piff.People think just because they are from Texas, they have that typical Texas sound. It is far from it, They definitely fall into the same hip hop as Kidz In TheHall or Blu & Exile. Their album "The Healing" is
pimp.gif
Just listen to the tracks "Get Live" featuring Miss Badu and "Special"produced by 9th wonder.

^ word. i went to amoeba the day of its release to cop it. i think that was the last album that i bought on its release day. that album is my shhh. theyactually did a show out here in L.A. with blu, exile, and aloe blacc. it was for exile's dirty science lp so a lot of dudes slept on blu cuz his albumwasnt out yet.

any of yall up on the sound providers? theyre probably best known for the track they did for little brother on "an evening with the sound providers."theyve also done stuff for emanon. if yall like exile's production, you'll like the sound providers
pimp.gif

...Nah, but really though, I hope the album can really live up to the "Nike Boots" track. I haven't heard a single w/ that impact in a minute.
check the myspace. page inspired by the Nike Boots anthem. 'cept i changed it to Nike Shoes cuz i ain't on Goadomes like that.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

MYSPACE.

Originally Posted by QUEST UNO

^ word. i went to amoeba the day of its release to cop it. i think that was the last album that i bought on its release day. that album is my shhh. they actually did a show out here in L.A. with blu, exile, and aloe blacc. it was for exile's dirty science lp so a lot of dudes slept on blu cuz his album wasnt out yet.

any of yall up on the sound providers? theyre probably best known for the track they did for little brother on "an evening with the sound providers." theyve also done stuff for emanon. if yall like exile's production, you'll like the sound providers
pimp.gif

Really. Wish I'd known about that. If you can pm with that music. I would like to listen to it.

Originally Posted by young dr0

no problem.

i need Blu & Exile's separate projects tho ...

Co-sign and usually I'd just say Blu but I wanna see how Exile's smooth beats work with other up n coming rappers.
nerd.gif

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Originally Posted by young dr0

no problem.

i need Blu & Exile's separate projects tho ...

Co-sign and usually I'd just say Blu but I wanna see how Exile's smooth beats work with other up n coming rappers.
nerd.gif

smokin.gif
Check the 2 Emanon LPs and Dirty Science

^ word. anon was dope, but i wasnt feelin the waitin room too much. and dirty science is
pimp.gif
time has come feat. slum village is my favorite track. exilemurdered that sample

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

Finally listened to some Wale tracks and it's growing on me. I will be listening to him even more. Also like i said earlier, Strange Fruit Project is piff. People think just because they are from Texas, they have that typical Texas sound. It is far from it, They definitely fall into the same hip hop as Kidz In The Hall or Blu & Exile. Their album "The Healing" is
pimp.gif
Just listen to the tracks "Get Live" featuring Miss Badu and "Special" produced by 9th wonder.

DAMN.
I just checked out "The Healing" album by The Strange Fruit Project and this is on some
eek.gif
pimp.gif
status. i'm lovng this album.

[color= rgb(153, 102, 204)]The Healing is[/color]
glasses.gif
[color= rgb(153, 102, 204)]x[/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(153, 102, 204)]I have to really listen to that Johnson&Jonson though ... b/c from first listen I wasn'tdigging any of it compared to Below The Heavens[/color]

yeah that powders&oils joint is way more funky than below the heavens. i didnt like it that much at first cuz i thought the beats were ehhhh, but it grewon me

Cunninlynguists, I probably would of never listened to them even thought I been hearin their names mentioned for a long time, the 1st thing that would come tomind is the actual meaning but this thread hasn't let me down yet and whats funny is I now have their whole catalog. On lyrics alone these dudes amaze me,the content is so refreshing they was spittin about topics that are never touched on and if I heard them without somebody saying it I wouldnt think they fromthe South plus these dudes are funny too. Why cant these dudes get more burn in the lime light?
smh.gif
These dudes deserve a chance.

I got that Strange Fruit Project but haven't got to listen enough yet only skimmed some things.

smokin.gif

Quest Uno thanks for the sound providers. What I heard so far is nice.

^Yeah Cunninlynguists are tight. My homeboy got me into them. Their best track to me is the "Seasons" with Masta Ace
pimp.gif

YOOOOOO

y'all should check out "The Scenic Route" by Panacea.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

l_0c440e66af4cfb77c4e349cdb25db5f8.jpg

it's the #1 Album of the Year in Hip Hop Connection.
after one listen, this might be my favorite album of the year.

^ I will

Even tho they aint a new group yall should all check out Living Legends great west coast group very underrated(n if any yall got their album Crappy Old S**t,Angels Wit Dirty Faces, or The Underworld or their 1st volume albums let a brotha know with a pm
nerd.gif
), Self Scientific is also a dope west coast group(let me kno if you got thatChange album
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
), Del the funkee homosaipen a GOOD bay area Mc and Im from Bk so as you can seeI try to get up on new music from all areas. Also if you're not up n them by chance Cormega, Little Brother(the whole Justus League for that matter), RasKass, Madlib, Mf DOOM, Big Sean, and Skyzoo.

Listening to that Strange Fruit Project - From Divine right now
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Self Scientific is also a dope west coast group(let me kno if you got that Change album
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
)
Dj Khalil is killin it on the production! He's one of the best doin it

Back
Top Bottom