Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

I wouldn't say there is no difference in watching blu ray on 480, but there isn't much of a difference. I've yet to watch a blu ray on my 50 inch1080 Sony tv. Too lazy to hook up the PS3.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

how is there ANY difference on 480?

480=SD
480=DVD

im not an expert on SD tvs but if there were to be an SD tv that could handle all the colors of blu-ray (which i doubt there is), then there would be adifference, one of the best parts of blu-ray is the colors - see Pirates of the Caribbean 3, ive never seen the dvd of it but if i were to watch it on an hdtv, i doubt id see the same colors being displayed as on blu-ray

So... almost every major stone has their own exclusive Dark Knight Blu-ray. Which one to get?
nerd.gif

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
dvd2159389.jpg
dvd2159305.jpg
1253846.jpg
9137392.gif
servletimagedownload

TDK Blu-ray SteelBook (Future Shop exclusive)
TDK with Clown Head (Best Buy Canada exclusive)
TDK with Batman Head (Best Buy USA exclusive)
TDK with Journal (BlockBuster Canada exclusive)
TDK with Batmask (HMV Canada exclusive)
TDK with Comic Book and Two-Face Collector's Coin (Wal-Mart Canada exclusive)

^ IMO, the best part about all these sets are the blu-ray discs themselves... I'd stick with just the plain 2-disc set that comes with nothing... but thatsjust me.

smh.gif
@ almost all of them being canada exclusive.

some stores around me are having midnight releases for it. crazy.

I'm probably gonna get the one with the Batmask. The metal casses are cool. Iron Man came out in one, but I want all my Blu-rays to have the same plasticcase. Shawshank Redemption was the first one I got that didn't have the plastic case. It wasn't even the same dimensions as the plastic case.

Best Buy in USA is having the Joker Mask too.

Target has the "bat mask" cover.

I would like to get my hands on that Steelbook though.
frown.gif
Oh well, like said before all that REALLY matters is the Blu-ray.

I saw this on Slick Deals,so I don't know how long it will last...
Amazon offers savings of $200 when you purchase the Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Player for $201 plus your choice of 8 Warner Blu-ray Discs. Enter code SAMWB2OO at checkout. Shipping is Free. With some of the Blu-Ray Discs being $17 each, cost for the Player + 8 Discs could be as low as $137.
edit : expired

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I saw this on Slick Deals,so I don't know how long it will last...
Amazon offers savings of $200 when you purchase the Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Player for $201 plus your choice of 8 Warner Blu-ray Discs. Enter code SAMWB2OO at checkout. Shipping is Free. With some of the Blu-Ray Discs being $17 each, cost for the Player + 8 Discs could be as low as $137.

That deal is CRAZY... i wish i saw that... woulda copped even though i already got a Blu-Ray player... resell the player and you got 8 movies andcash in your pocket
pimp.gif

The Dark Knight will be the 1st and last BluRay I pay retail for. Already got the movie night set up with some females. Just too bad it had to come out duringfinals week. :smh

Will be getting the Dark Knight tonight @ Wal-Mart at midnight
pimp.gif

Was going to get the bestbuy exclusive with the joker mask, but I figure by the time I got there tomorrow it'd be gone, and I don't think theres anyother extras on the movie itself right?

So not really worth the extra 15 dollar to me.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ IMO, the best part about all these sets are the blu-ray discs themselves... I'd stick with just the plain 2-disc set that comes with nothing... but thats just me.

co-sign

I am planning on buying a new Samsung LCD later this month to compliment my PS3, but I am not too sure which one I should go with. I have my eyes set oneither a 32" or 37". To any of the experts out there, would it be worth it to get a 720p or 1080p in the 32", or should I just get a 37"in 720p?? The models that I am looking at are the LN32A450 (720p), LN32A550 (1080p), and the LN37A450 (720p). Any insight would be appreciated.

^^^^ I beleive the general concensus is that the difference on a 32" or 37" from 720p to 1080p is damn near impossible to spot unless your aresitting directly in front of the television set. Heck I had a 50 inch panny that died that was a 1080p and now have a Samsung 720p 50" and cant see a bitof difference even on blu ray unless im about 4 feet away from the tv

Originally Posted by miss kidd0

So... almost every major stone has their own exclusive Dark Knight Blu-ray. Which one to get?
nerd.gif

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
dvd2159389.jpg
dvd2159305.jpg
1253846.jpg
9137392.gif
servletimagedownload

TDK Blu-ray SteelBook (Future Shop exclusive)
TDK with Clown Head (Best Buy Canada exclusive)
TDK with Batman Head (Best Buy USA exclusive)
TDK with Journal (BlockBuster Canada exclusive)
TDK with Batmask (HMV Canada exclusive)
TDK with Comic Book and Two-Face Collector's Coin (Wal-Mart Canada exclusive)
future shop ships to the states??

My girl isnt letting me get TDK cause shes copping for Christmas
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

!#%# is killing me... gonna have to netflix it for sure
smh.gif

I seriously don't see what's so special about the extras. The mask is not worth the extra 5 plus tax and the batpod is like $40. Kiss my ++% with that,I just want to see the movie right now lol. I heard the transfer is subpar though, not as good as it could have been because DNR and Edge Enhancement have beenadded excessively when it shouldn't have. Warner be skimping people with their blu-rays man aka Speed Racer with no lossless audio..#$%?

Thats disappointing if true

The Batman Begins Blu-ray wasn't that impressive IMO

The prolougue for TDK that was on the BB blu-ray tho was
eek.gif

I expect nothing less from this
happy.gif

Definitely copping this, even though I never really watched any BR with my PS3. Just copped a BR player on Black Friday for my 40" Bravia and thoughtHancock looked okay on BR. Went to Best Buy to get that 46" Sony package deal yesterday with free BR player, 5.1 Surround Sound system for $1999 and theydidn' t have the 46" Bravia in stock so they subbed the 46" XBR6
eek.gif
. I couldn't believe it, Best Buy FTW. Can't wait to watch the Dark Knight on it.

I don't need all the extra stuff just the movie, I bet a lot of yall are still kicking yourself from buying the Grand Theft Auto collectors edition.

The subbed the XBR6?!??!

Wow they must have been desperate for that sale, we would never do something liek that at my bby

I'm pissed I've sold not 1, but 2 PS3s and now I want one again. I told the wife and some friends that I want one for Christmas.

Originally Posted by salbah3

I seriously don't see what's so special about the extras. The mask is not worth the extra 5 plus tax and the batpod is like $40. Kiss my ++% with that, I just want to see the movie right now lol. I heard the transfer is subpar though, not as good as it could have been because DNR and Edge Enhancement have been added excessively when it shouldn't have. Warner be skimping people with their blu-rays man aka Speed Racer with no lossless audio..#$%?

the PQ got pretty good reviews bluray.com & hi-def digest.

i'm copping anyways though.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

The subbed the XBR6?!??!

Wow they must have been desperate for that sale, we would never do something liek that at my bby

I know I couldn't believe it. I've been holding out for the 52" XBR to get a little cheaper but I couldn't pass this deal up and now I'mglad I didn't because they gave me the XBR instead.

Back
Top Bottom