Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

Anybody get Dark Knight with the Batpod? Is it worth it?

And what does it come with? Thanks.

I saw the Batpod in the store. The Batpod isn't a toy though. It's just a display figure and the discs come in unique black triangle case with theBatman logo on it. IMO, the cost was just to much for me to cop.

one thing i never understood about blu-ray is disc space, they always hype up the fact that it has 10000 times more space then dvd but yet why does TDK haveseperate disc for extra features?

Rescue Dawn in Blu Ray is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

the picture is nicer in certain movies with lots of colors, but it's not that big of a deal ( to me anyway).

another thing, wb has been making their standard dvd releases look #!%+$% to make it seem like blu ray is that much better ( *%+%!$!! !)

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

one thing i never understood about blu-ray is disc space, they always hype up the fact that it has 10000 times more space then dvd but yet why does TDK have seperate disc for extra features?
This gets me too because I've seen the deals where it'll have 3 separate BluRay movies for like $25 all on one disk including the specialfeatures for each.. And then you have the Dark Knight which is just the movie, and some minuscule SF's and then a whole 'nother disk for SpecialFeatures.

I don't get it.

So sick I can't wait to watch my copy tomorrow.

Btw if you guys ever want to discuss movies you should check out N.T.K.L.yuku.com (remove the . ) there's a really good movie section on there without allthe elitists you would find on sites like imdb

Thank you for posting those comparison pics.

I'm tired of people saying that there is no difference when there clearly is. Those pictures don't even do it justice.

True story:

I was at Costco the other day seeing what blu's they had. This old man was looking at dvd's and walked by me and the blu ray section and his wife saidwhat about these? (referring to the blu's) and he said "oh thats that blu ray crap. we dont want that." I made eye contact and gave a littlesmile. Poor guy.

Also. Anyone looking for a player, I just got the Panny BD35k for my mom for christmas with 4 blu's for me + another 2 blu's for a mail in rebate for$207 shipped. (link below)

player:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...GAOYCI&tag=blurayforum-20

2 blu's rebate:

http://www2.panasonic.com...rtner=7000000000000005702

i dont know if it was in this thread or the PS3 thread but someone made a post about Dark Knight's sound being a 10th of a second off AND I DEFINITELYNOTICED IT once i went from dolby true hd 5.1 to regular dolby 5.1, something about the regular 5.1 is off - STICK TO DOLBY TRUE HD (track = english 2)

^^^yeah i posted that....and I found the problem...once i put it on english 2 and messed with my surround settings it was better....I still think it was justhorrible dubbing....I am thinking about going to see it at the dollar show to see if its that bad in the theater....maybe I just didnt notice it when I firstpeeped it in the theater.....

one thing i never understood about blu-ray is disc space, they always hype up the fact that it has 10000 times more space then dvd but yet why does TDK have seperate disc for extra features?

I've been wondering that too. I saw some figures yesterday which showed how many hours of HD movies could be on a disc and for a single or double layer itwasn't actually that much more than a DVD - about 4.5 hours HD on a single layer disc - so if it's a HD movie and also some extras you would run out ofspace fairly quickly.

Supposedly the cost of producing the discs is just as cheap as dvds so I'm suspicious that they just want to make it look like you're getting more thanyou are - 2 disc box set! rather than just a thin case with everything on a quad layer disc.

believe me theres more special features available for Dark Knight. but you know warner held back cause Dark Knight is definitely gonna get the double maybeeven triple dip treatment.

SJSneakerhead thanks for posting that deal. The amazon portion of that deal looks to expire on the 31st? If I don't get surprised at X-Mas with a playerI'll probably be hopping on that.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ro0ts

SJSneakerhead thanks for posting that deal. The amazon portion of that deal looks to expire on the 31st? If I don't get surprised at X-Mas with a player I'll probably be hopping on that.
smile.gif
Yeah good til the 31st so you are good if one doesn't show up under the tree.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

believe me theres more special features available for Dark Knight. but you know warner held back cause Dark Knight is definitely gonna get the double maybe even triple dip treatment.

Yup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'll probably be copping.
nerd.gif

Watched disc 4 from Planet Earth last night.... joint is madd nicee... was in awe watching forests and deer. lmao

The switching of the aspect ratio gets on my nerves.
laugh.gif

I bet my friends wouldn't even notice.

I don't see why Nolan didn't shoot the entire movie in one format or at least something a little more neutral. SMH.

if u watch the extras regarding shooting in imax it should explain why
besides the fact that imax cameras are apparently much heavier.

also the aspect ratio switch really isn't that serious unless you were looking for it.

like u see why in certain scenes nolan chose to film in imax

Back
Top Bottom