blueprint three ::

"Harm,"

Everyone has taken hits, 50 snitch tail included. 50 just got more $, so he can use that to get people to do whatever he pleases, which is another sad story.

Everyone elaborates, lies. But even with that said, Ross just happens to be the prime #1 suspect these days, all due to his actions/words.

And 92Q played his whole last album when I was coming back from T's house (early Spring) and I enjoyed all the tracks I heard...

I guess the back and forth with him and 50 wasn't Jay/Nas-Beans/Kiss-L.L./Cannibus, and both made it go too far and it was bad for hip-hop on BOTH of theirparts.

"Beefs" have their limits, the history is there.

But who cares about the culture and the artform anymore?

That's all I'm saying.

From the sound of things, it sounds like Jay is at a crossroads of trying to be relevant for today's times and still be "Hov."

I'll see on the 11th.

But it seems like his "had to come back and save hip-hop" cockiness has failed once again...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

the substance is there...no denying that.

new age hopfans will appreciate the production whereas it may be a hit or miss with traditional fans. i don't believe the are any sure shot beats on this album besides the cudi track, and maybe the alicia keys joint(that he sampled from agallah)

another split amongst fans comes with jay wanting to orchestrate the game, but same time showing biased favoritism toward artists he works with.

i.e.

says he's not a clipse fan because they talk about the same thing...but you grab jeezy the snowman for a collabo...and have the nerve to reference "keys open doors" on the album.
or
it's death to autotune...but big up to weezy, yeezy, and t-pain...the autotune spokesmen.

if your going for shock value, why half step.

another thing that bothered me is the fact that he's still speaking about dame and jim jones. you aired them out two albums ago moe, you won that already.

to me this album spins like blueprint 2: THE GIFT minus that "hovi baby" standout.

When did he say he wasn't a Clipse fan?
pharrell played lord willin demo for jay, he liked the beats but collectively didn't like it because they only rap about coke. this wasdiscussed in the same column from the source i believe where pharrell lashed out over the terrible rating and review that was given to N.E.R.D. in search ofsaying they didn't know #%$^ about music....they also had a song where u been that sampled jay-z from threats thathe would not let clear. not long after the t.i. bring em' out joint.

^
That's crap (on Jay's part), because there is a video out of when they toured with Jay overseas when Lord Willin' was out and the hottest thingout, right when "When Was The Last Time" video dropped.

And Shawn Carter said, and I quote, "I personally picked them because I liked how they came in the game thisyear..."

Offfffiiiiccccccca Rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicky!

laugh.gif

I just read this entire thread and thought to myself.

I looked in here first to see what the scuttle was about. Went and DLed some stuff.. but realized I heard most of it on mixtapes already... and then saw LipsMcGee on Bill Mayer or whatever his name is....

I agree.. not the same Jay... but then again..he said that.. he's eveolved and so have we as music listeners.

Ya'll bammas broke this down something serious..

Who else has these discussions on NT?

*looks*

Nobody.

BP3 is aight... it was more than what i expected, esp since i really haven't liked jay's newer albums

NOW

OB4CL2 on the other hand
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
'chef will be getting my $$$$ yesirr!

DL'd the album.... Here are the thoughts:

Musically it sounds like Kingdom Come. Not a bad thing, its a 40 year old (rich)man rapping about 40 year old rich !%%+.

Ns act like he's supposed to rap about the same !%%+ in every album. Although it sounds like he's running outta things to say.

Final Verdict: 3.5 out of 5

If we have to collectively question how good a JAY-Z album is, then something aint right.
Jay-Z hasnt been the same(musically) since Dame's departure(BLACK ALBUM).
That new RAEKWON IS NO JOKE. Listened to the first half last night and this dude did it right.

Ghost703 wrote:
OB4CL2 on the other hand
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
'chef will be getting my $$$$ yesirr!

THIS...

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not mad at what I have heard ... Its no Reasonable Doubt but dude has matured as an artist ... he can't take you back to Marcy like he did on old songs ...I saw what he spoke of 1st hand ... so I say be objective and listen to what he has to say now and if it relates ... rock to it ... I still get goose bumpsfrom certain rhymes dude hits because I was up in the clubs back then and I can either relate or I know of a similar story ... I have to live with this albumfor a while before I can begin to get that same feeling ... and I may never get it dude is in a different place now

I understand that Jay has "evolved" or whatever but musically it just doesn't interest me. When I run the album through, I don't hear anysongs and get the "
sick.gif
" face like they used to could do. The first time I heard "U Don't Know" or "Hovi Baby" or "WhatMore Can I Say" or "Roc Boys" it was like LET ME RUN THAT BACK! There are no songs like that on BP3.

When I think of the Blueprint name, I think of incredible, soulful beats and Jay with the effortless flow. IMO, he switched up his flow a lot (and not for thebetter). The album is full of average and below average tracks IMO. I liked Thank You, Already Home, J.Cole's verse off A Star Is Born (son is ridiculous
sick.gif
). Hate, Venus v. Mars, Reminder, Run This Town, Off That are all trash juice. And the intro track sounds JUST like "Pray" from AG
laugh.gif
. I thinkDOA set me up for the okie doke honestly. I was expecting some dope #%* beats and straight spittin, not skinny jean "swag rag" -esque rap.

Now that Chef joint?
sick.gif
pimp.gif
"dope beats, dope rhymes, what more do yall want?"

Harm made some GREAT points. I DL'd and listened to this joint. This is akin to Jordan playing with the Wizards. IT's not his finest work. I feel likehe's not even taking his time. There are no standout cuts on this album besides "D.O.A.". And honestly, American Gangster was so-so. I can take aso-so album to set-up for a more prolific one. That track with RI and Kanye was boo-boo. Pure fodder. I'm cool with Jay growing because we as purists fromthe 80's era, we don't allow our artists to grow. But, Jay is notorious on not letting artists on his own damn label grow. Akin to Puff with Bad Boy.History has shown that artists on Artist Boutique labels usually never grow musically. I have no problem with Jay's Adult Contemporary Hip Hop, but I stillwant hard hitting beats and dope wordplay, no matter the subject matter. I don't want to hear him talking about same things from '96. He doesn'tlive that life anymore, but I do expect witty wordplay, and dope beats. To those two factors, this album is trash. Just like the last one.

"Deeper than Rap" surprisingly was a dope, solid album. One of the bests that came out this year, sonically. He's still not a hell of a rapper,but half of y'all wouldn't know dope lyrics if Kool G Rap lived with you. YOur favorite rapper today, right now, couldn't do $#it with a Kool G Rapon their wack *** song on whatever these g a y lil rappers are talking about these days. I'm so stuck in 89-98 it ain't even funny. Nothing isinspiring anymore. The one thing about rap was that it was competitive, it made you want to push to be better than the last album, the last rapper. Any Lil Nthat can string a few lines together rap now. And they're garbage. All in the name of saying "I'm an artist, I have a record out" YOu stillgarbage you fad following, mohawk rocking, nut-huggin' jean wearin', exclusive sneaker wanna be owning(but really rocking Rockport hi's like youdoing something), sounding like every other lame fruitcap, gump.

XXL had all these new rappers on their cover a few issues back. Why should I buy any of their bull$#!t? What makes them so unique or even different from eachother? They all look the same, sound the same, etc. All this weirdo rap. For every De La Soul you had Rakim. For every NWA, you had Public Enemy. For Every JJ& Fresh Prince, you had 3XDope and Steady B(All three of these Philly artists had 3 of the Dopest DJ's EVER in the game, but you young mf'ersdon't even understand that lost art.............I thank my white boys and asian Hip Hoppers for keeping that part alive. Jazz again anyone?). There aremore underlying issues than whether Jay should even still be addressing Dame and Jimmy Jerk-Off. Why should I care about New Hip Hop when it's not evenfresh or cutting edge anymore?

More importantly, Where's the balance of Hip Hop? Our Yin and Yang have completely been tilted.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Hiphop is a youngmans sport
What do you consider young?? 17,18,19?
HipHop is for young and old....it is a culture that was started in the early 70's by teenagers and 20somethings..
and alot of those same ppl are still alive today..to tell them they cant participate in what they started because they are not
a certain age is absurd...
Rap music on the other hand is made and packaged for the youth for monetary gain..its big business we know that..but the culture can not be bought and sold...
but if those same cats from the 70's 80's 90's who started this music we all love want to still do it..until they are Rolling Stone-Mick Jaggerage,
I'm in

WU TANG FOREVER
"kids dont even need summer school, just pick up the wu tang double CD, its all you need."

**waits for OB4CL2** NO download...NO leaks...i want to buy and hear it Sept 8th

Back
Top Bottom