Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Solid premiere

Rosetti :pimp: dude looks like he's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. "23 is the year of the pig" and "breadstick in a bow tie" Son gave no dambs :lol: .

Last edited:
Solid premiere

Rosetti
pimp.gif
dude looks like he's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. "23 is the year of the pig" and "breadstick in a bow tie" Son gave no dambs
laugh.gif

Is Harrow with Nucky again? Trying to figure out why he shot Manny
indifferent.gif

just remembered why i love this show so much.

Rosetti is your archetypal italian mobster from NY, prob based on a real person. (possibly Joe Masseria or Salvatore Maranzano). Im thinking the latter because it says that on wiki that:

He was assassinated by a younger faction led by Lucky Luciano, who established a power-sharing arrangement rather than a "boss of bosses" to prevent future wars.

The pace of this episode though :smokin had me on the edge thinking who's gonna get murked next.

For the record, the flower shop owner was an actual rival of Capone... so I'm looking forward to Van Alden getting involved in the business with him, potentially going up against Capone.

For a season premiere, I couldn't ask for more (except for seeing what Chalky was doing but I understand there's limit to what you can fit in). We caught up with the main story and how it affects most of the major players. Rosetti is going to be a FANTASTIC villain.. that was a hell of an introduction. A violent mobster with a short fuse? Yeah, I'm on board with that.

I still kind of want just a full on show or a spinoff with Luciano and Lansky since they're two of my favorite figures in organized crime history. I was feeling Billie Kent from the song.. then she showed up naked? Awesome.

Very good season premiere, catches up the audience, gives us some new characters, gives us an idea of where the season is going, can't beat that.

Hell of a start to the season.

Anyone else not really not sure why Van Alden played along in the flower shop?

after the little girl asked her mom "where is daddy?"  i was like "pretty they buried that guy after the pulled his *** out of the ocean"
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Solid premiere

Rosetti :pimp: dude looks like he's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. "23 is the year of the pig" and "breadstick in a bow tie" Son gave no dambs :lol: .

Is Harrow with Nucky again? Trying to figure out why he shot Manny
:stoneface:
I can understand this reply but I do wonder if Nuck would have a sit down with Harrow and try to convince him to join him after Slater gets offed. Not that Harrow would need the money or anything since he seems content raising his dead friend's son and living this relatively hollow existence.

Slater is who I predict getting killed before the season is over btw.
Hell of a start to the season.

Anyone else not really not sure why Van Alden played along in the flower shop?
It's one of those situations where you don't know what to do but you play along and you slowly put things together while doing it. He probably aint know Capone was coming to kill dude. Van Alden probably just thinks a flower shop owner was getting squeezed for cash or something. He's a genuine good man so he probably thinks why not help out an innocent "flower shop owner" getting bullied by thugs.

Last edited:
^It wasn't at all surprising, expected really.  Plus, Ms Schroeder been on his *** lately 

Last edited:
My dude rosetti :pimp: I like his no dambs giving attitude even tho I predict he wont last too long with that short fuse

I also cant wait for van alden to be bout dat life cause I think he would do well for himself

So no one is mentioning Nucky smashing other women now? :lol:

Not surprising since he is "full gangster" now. Plus, he was never a saint. And if he was loyal to Margaret, it all went out the window when she signed the land deed away.

Last edited:
So no one is mentioning Nucky smashing other women now? 
laugh.gif
This isn't exactly some new development.

I think Nucky legitimately cared for Margaret and was content with settling down with her and her children, but that went out the window after she signed the land deed over to the church.

This isn't exactly some new development.

I think Nucky legitimately cared for Margaret and was content with settling down with her and her children, but that went out the window after she signed the land deed over to the church.

I STILL cant believe that broad did that. The nerve...after everything Nucky has done for her.

Would someone explain the whole Margraret signing the land deed to the church for me? I cant quite grasp it. Does that mean the church owns it fully, partially? how does the hospital tie into it?  where does nucky stand?

mean.gif
@ the lack of Chalky White in this episode.

BTW what episode did magaret sign the land deeds over ?

So no one is mentioning Nucky smashing other women now? :lol:

After signing over the land to the Church, she's lucky her and her brat kids aren't out on the streets.

Would someone explain the whole Margraret signing the land deed to the church for me? I cant quite grasp it. Does that mean the church owns it fully, partially? how does the hospital tie into it? where does nucky stand?

She did it out of her own guilt and the Church own all of it. The broad picks the perfect time to develop a conscious considering she smutted herself out as soon as her husband was killed. The hospital doesn't tie into it. Nucky is still bamboozling the public into believing that he's a good doer.

Back
Top Bottom