Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

To expand on the land deed thing for those with a hazy memory. Nucky was being charged for corruption, murder, etc. More charges were definitely coming if convicted. Had he lost they would've took everything from him so when he got out he'd have nothing BUT if he got married and signed over the rights like the land (which was his most valuable legal asset) they could not take it from his wife.
Margaret took advantage of that after feeling guilty and her daughter getting polio cuz she thought GOD was punishing her. Along with that sniveling priest in her ear she was completely guilted in to giving money and the deed to the church. She felt she was in the right given Nucky was ordering murders at that point (I think she already got past the alcohol bootlegging). She's pretty insecure but daring and hopeful given the times so she took that chance for several reasons.

So why did Nucky care about the murder on the highway if he has no stake in it? Theres no way Nucky would just hand over all that land to the church without murking Margaret or something

To expand on the land deed thing for those with a hazy memory. Nucky was being charged for corruption, murder, etc. More charges were definitely coming if convicted. Had he lost they would've took everything from him so when he got out he'd have nothing BUT if he got married and signed over the rights like the land (which was his most valuable legal asset) they could not take it from his wife.
Margaret took advantage of that after feeling guilty and her daughter getting polio cuz she thought GOD was punishing her. Along with that sniveling priest in her ear she was completely guilted in to giving money and the deed to the church. She felt she was in the right given Nucky was ordering murders at that point (I think she already got past the alcohol bootlegging). She's pretty insecure but daring and hopeful given the times so she took that chance for several reasons.
So why did Nucky care about the murder on the highway if he has no stake in it? Theres no way Nucky would just hand over all that land to the church without murking Margaret or something
maybe Nucky has plans of getting the titles back at some point?  As for his reaction to Margaret giving them away

From the producer

Terence Winter  says:

Last night's premiere was set 14 months after that even took place so it's safe to assume Nucky was furious when he found out. What we're seeing now is the residual effects of that event as it affects their relationship.

Last edited:
He didn't care about the murder. It was pointed out to him by the Attorney General. Doesn't mean that he has the land and there was nothing he could do regardless. The land was transferred over to Margaret on the condition it would be transferred back to him upon the trial's conclusion. He can't just murder someone as visible as her without there being questions. The land being given to the Church created a lot of friction toward them as seen when he berated her toward the end of the episode and she knows he's cheating on her. She's nothing more than someone to be seen in the public with. He doesn't even sleep at home anymore, he stays at the Ritz.
maybe Nucky has plans of getting the titles back at some point?
This is impossible which is why their relationship is a mess.

Last edited:
"I ain't building no bookcase" 
smokin.gif

I feel like Nucky could possibly be gone depending on how this season builds up to be. With things shifting over and him not going with all them dealers for alcohol kind of shows that he wants to fall back and be more political since he's proven already that he's no chump (killing Jimmy like that). We have yet to see Nuck's brother come into play but remember he also wanted power and had it in his hands before Jimmy's dad died. Here's a wild question...do you think Harrow will murk Jimmy's mom later on seeing as how she is getting ahead of herself with all the shananigans she's pulling? i.e forging sigs, brothels, alldat while having Harrow as her gopher...and we all know he is smart as a mf'er...crazy!

^^ to add - Harrow would be murking her because once everything happened last season he really had no other reason to stay there other than helping Jimmy's ma...So once he peeps that she's actin all nuts with the business and such, he ultimately murks her before she eff's everything up for all of them in some sort of way with Nucky or Chi-town dudes...lucky still popped and he might try to swindle her business as well and eliminate Harrow cause he knows too much....hmmm..?!

Eli is still in prison and by going on these theoretical rants you're only confusing others. Making it harder than it has to be.

He didn't hand over the land. Margaret did, at the time she had the deed. She publicly gave it to the church most likely, so if Nucky reneged on it he would've looked pretty bad.

Eli is still in prison and by going on these theoretical rants you're only confusing others. Making it harder than it has to be.

LOL son went completely left field.

Eli is going to return home powerless and a shell of his former self. He'll have no power play or support when he gets out of jail, everyone's moved on which is what he'll probably be dealing with upon his return home. His only play would be to join up with Gyp but then it's season 2 Eli all over again.

Harrow has no reason to kill Gillian. Only time we've seen him kill it was always within reason. Gillian's only forging Jimmy's signature cause she hasn't mentally accepted he died in To The Lost. I'm sure no body was found so she's holding out he's going to walk through those doors any day now.

^ I think Gillian is pretty well resigned to the fact that Jimmy is dead. As soon as she notices her grandson wearing Jimmy's dog
tags, you can see it. She tells him that he's going to be a big man in this city. She's forging those checks because well.... she's Gillian

Well now that I think about it the Commodore's fortune goes to Jimmy's son and she is the only guardian left so she would be in charge of the money but she's forging Jimmy's name is partly due to her weirdness.

Should I assume the mother of Van Aldnen's child (forgot her name) is gone for good on the show? Liked seeing her naked in scenes where she didn't need to be naked.

Last edited:
exactly ^ which makes it seem like she doesn't really care about anyone but herself...why should she care for her grandson? she'll just molest him as well later on down the line lol

I also thought Harrow was going to off Gillian this season, just for the fact that she's trying to make Jimmy's son forget Angela, and we all know how he was in love with her. I think he's going to murk her and take the son and raise himself, but that just me thinking too much. :lol:

exactly ^ which makes it seem like she doesn't really care about anyone but herself...why should she care for her grandson? she'll just molest him as well later on down the line lol

She cares because she wants to control him. She's a woman, one of ill repute, what kind of sway is she going to have in that town at that time?
She wants to groom her grandson up to do her bidding...

Last edited:
Well now that I think about it the Commodore's fortune goes to Jimmy's son and she is the only guardian left so she would be in charge of the money but she's forging Jimmy's name is partly due to her weirdness.

Should I assume the mother of Van Aldnen's child (forgot her name) is gone for good on the show? Liked seeing her naked in scenes where she didn't need to be naked.

I don't remember if they mentioned this in the first ep. But I wonder if the rest of the town knows Jimmy is dead
or do they think he's away somewhere. If not many people now he's dead (i.e. banks, shops etc.) it could
appear that he's away sending her checks...

I don't remember if they mentioned this in the first ep. But I wonder if the rest of the town knows Jimmy is dead
or do they think he's away somewhere. If not many people now he's dead (i.e. banks, shops etc.) it could
appear that he's away sending her checks...
No one ever mentioned him plus 14 months have already gone by. Its old news.

Although Chalky didn't get much air time, I loved his scenes. Great teaching moment from father to daughter albeit at the expense of Samuel. Father does know best.

Can anyone explain the razor? Nucky was at his side chick's place, and he goes into the bathroom, gets the razor and unscrews it? Am I thinking too hard? :rolleyes

Also, can anyone explain the "father/daughter" moment Chalky and his daughter had?

Back
Top Bottom