Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Any time Gyp is talking to someone I'm just waiting for them to rub him the wrong way to set him off. Dude doesn't let anything slide, I was waiting for him to go off on the waitress.

Any time Gyp is talking to someone I'm just waiting for them to rub him the wrong way to set him off. Dude doesn't let anything slide, I was waiting for him to go off on the waitress.

yea I thought it may have went that way too, but she was sorta nice and it was a crowded restaurant. But you never know with this guy

Why does Margaret get so much air time that she is single handily the most useless ***** in show history.

My dude Nucky is simpin hard and letting his business get out of hand.

Im glad Chalky is back this _ never smiles.

This! I just do not understand.

I'm thought he was gonna murk Eddie Cantor for interrupting him a Nucky's party.

Cantor is a real person though so I guess his death wouldn't be part of this

I'm thought he was gonna murk Eddie Cantor for interrupting him a Nucky's party.
Cantor is a real person though so I guess his death wouldn't be part of this

thats the thing about these kinda shows. I mean, the "real life" nucky doesnt get killed and lives to an old age, so if the showrunners go by that there isnt any real tension of him getting offed.

Why does Margaret get so much air time that she is single handily the most useless ***** in show history.

My dude Nucky is simpin hard and letting his business get out of hand.

Im glad Chalky is back this _ never smiles.
May not like her, hell I hate the character, but she's important to the overall story.

I don't get the praise for the Billie Kent character. She's just another *****. Nuck is getting sloppy and making himself vulnerable over a dime a dozen gal.

Mickey Doyle (real name Duffy) does die, but in 1931. Who knows when the show will end. Probably before then.

Last edited:
She's charming and has good screen presence.

And Margaret isn't useless. You can not like her (it's a common problem that audiences seem to hate the lead female character), but she brings an important element to the show and she's really critical to understanding Nucky better.

Gyp puts EVERYBODY under pressure!!... I thought that gas station worker was done for... :lol:

I thought the gas station attendant was a dead man, for sure.
:lol: Good thing I'm not the only one. I'm watching the scene mad tense like is this dude gonna kill this guy? and usually a character's first impression when he first introduced killing guy wouldn't make me cast any assumptions but this guy just has that thing about him, that grim look on his face that he'll get upset at any moment and kill.

Whole ep I was expecting him to go off. I was thinking he was going to say something when the sheriff suggested coffee with spaghetti (WHO DOES THAT?)

Chalky got me to try some Hoppin' John. Not bad.
laugh.gif
Easily one of the best scenes in the entire series. Exposed a lot about the classism and colorism within the Black community at the time.

Last edited:
She's charming and has good screen presence.

And Margaret isn't useless. You can not like her (it's a common problem that audiences seem to hate the lead female character), but she brings an important element to the show and she's really critical to understanding Nucky better.

Always.
The only female character that I agree is horrible is Lori on Walking Dead

I'll never understand the hate for Rita and Deb on Dexter though...

Always.
The only female character that I agree is horrible is Lori on Walking Dead
I'll never understand the hate for Rita and Deb on Dexter though...

Betty Draper/Francis comes to mind too, useless.

Can anyone clarify the whole protection buying segment?

Betty Draper/Francis comes to mind too, useless.
Can anyone clarify the whole protection buying segment?
Manny got murdered. Nobody knows who did it. Mickey talked about it with Eli. Nucky talked about it with Rothstein. It was a downplayed hot topic the whole ep. Nucky is paying for some type of very good secretive protection with them all thinking. Same reason we saw Remus there too. I'm guessing during that time in between seasons none of the big names have been threatened like that. Jimmy was that last big threat representing a new generation of leaders. Now that a guy from Philly working closely with/under Nucky gets killed the other bosses have cause for concern and since nobody knows who did it everyone is cautious.

I'm sure some are thinking it could be Gyp, Nuck already mentioned whatshisname from Philly that was Manny's competition, after that the other suspects are each other. Seems everybody forgot about Harrow once Jimmy died.

I agree wit Chalky wanting to his daughter to marry that soft *** doctor. Homegirl is passing on having a secure good life to find a dude that's more interesting. Times change, young girls stay the same, Chalky sees the bigger picture.

I agree that Mag plays a important role in this story but does she really need 30 mins per episode ?

Gyp puts EVERYBODY under pressure!!... I thought that gas station worker was done for... :lol:

I thought the gas station attendant was a dead man, for sure.
:lol: Good thing I'm not the only one. I'm watching the scene mad tense like is this dude gonna kill this guy? and usually a character's first impression when he first introduced killing guy wouldn't make me cast any assumptions but this guy just has that thing about him, that grim look on his face that he'll get upset at any moment and kill.

Whole ep I was expecting him to go off. I was thinking he was going to say something when the sheriff suggested coffee with spaghetti (WHO DOES THAT?)

l was actually scared for dudes life :lol:

That was a good scene with Rothstein and Nucky. Had to rewind it and watch it twice.

No way Chaulky set that up, he didnt even know his daughter was at the club remember? First thing he said was "What are you doing here??"

Samuel is hilarious, homie has to be Braxton from the Jamie Foxx show's granddad or something lol

:rofl:

Gyp and Chalky White alone are just incredible characters. I get SUPER tense even watching their scenes. Its like something is always liable to pop off. 

Last edited:
Margaret is going to give up the draws for that doctor. Bet that on everything. 
laugh.gif

i'm digging this season so far. glad to see some people feeling the same way. the hate on the imdb boards is nauseating.

i'm digging this season so far. glad to see some people feeling the same way. the hate on the imdb boards is nauseating.

yea im not missing jimmy at all. Always found his character a bit depressing. Hopefully margaret goes the same route.

Back
Top Bottom