Boondocks Season 3 - Sun. May 2nd, 11:30pm Adult Swim

Really wasn't a "message" per se to this week's episode just bringing light to racism & self hate.
seriously....dudes looking too far into it. I mean, every Boondocks episode has some type of message you can get out of it. But it normally breaks down into hot-button topics in black america (Katrina, BET criticism, etc), depictions on the current state of black conscious (MLK, Obama ep's) or america in general (last week). Then they throw out episodes strictly for entertainment value. Last night's show was the latter.

LOL @ dudes saying if you didnt like the ep it's because "it hit close to home" tho. Exactly what emotion is being hit? Nothing in that episode relates to me. The reason it wasnt that funny imo was because Ruckus' racial jokes peaked in the Reality Show episode. It's the same bit now, it really dont hit like it used to. His character is still appreciated tho.

I hold the show to a high standard tho.

this episode to me was the funniest of them all, i mean i still dont really compare to the ones last season but it got back to what the show was good at, pushin the envelope and gettin ppl outside of there comfort zone. The message to me was that ppl that say they dislike black ppl not because of there skin color but more because of their attitude and way of life are lying, it doesnt matter what they do or dont do the fact that their skin is a different color makes them wrong and ni**ers. It shows how stupid racism is, good episode.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

this episode to me was the funniest of them all, i mean i still dont really compare to the ones last season but it got back to what the show was good at, pushin the envelope and gettin ppl outside of there comfort zone. The message to me was that ppl that say they dislike black ppl not because of there skin color but more because of their attitude and way of life are lying, it doesnt matter what they do or dont do the fact that their skin is a different color makes them wrong and ni**ers. It shows how stupid racism is, good episode.

Thats true what you said but at the end of the day its still ppl who are uncomfortable bout race and dodge the subject or just ppl of other race in general. You still got ppl who say ppl are using a "race card" Those are the ppl who i said wpuldnt feel the episode or uncomfortable with the show.  

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
one of the songs in the show hit this right on the head
1274273755crazy_t_shirt.jpg

Apparently he gets down with us Mexicans though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by sreggie101

i found the eps to be well written (as usual). it wasn't nearly as funny as almost any other boondocks eps from any season for that matter...at first i felt like probably most people when watching it. show just started with blatant racism but didn't have the laughs to make the eps go down easier. but it turned ok. being that aaron wrote it im sure there were some messages in there im not seeing....

This show and south park do a better job with satire and subliminal (or obvious depending on who you are) messages than any other show on TV.
pimp.gif
QFT

For the record...

People need to show Rodney Barnes some love he's the real funny one.

Aaron gets the final say so, but Rodney is @%$@+@ hilarious.

roll.gif

OH MY *@@##@$ GOD THE OPENING.

I never imagined in my life that someone would be able to make a hilarious version of the 28 Weeks Later opening.

This episode had so many quotables as usual. Can't believe they did my dude Bushido Brown like that.
Crusty the C**n
roll.gif

Funny episode tonight but season 3 hasn't been as good as the first two so far. Regardless its still one of my favorite shows.

N Moments + N Synthesis = Complete Disaster....so true lol

Episode was great. They should have replaced JJ with Grady to make it a complete Sanford & Son trio.
laugh.gif

Real talk, I think tonight's episode and the kickball episodes are instant top 5. This season has not failed to disappoint...except for the Thugnificent episode.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Real talk, I think tonight's episode and the kickball episodes are instant top 5. This season has not failed to disappoint...except for the Thugnificent episode.
what? IMO Thugnificent was the 2nd best episode behind todays and that kick ball episode was cool but NONE of these episodes are "instant" top 5 with episodes like pimp my ride, guess !*#'s coming to dinner, the granddad fight, ganstalicious and the itis

Back
Top Bottom