Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

If Jesse is this shows moral compass we got a huge problem. Son continues to do horrible **** for no initial reason other than it benefits himself. Got no money for gas? Lets trade it for meth to the chick who has never done it before. Meet a new chic with a kid? Get her hooked on drugs and endanger her son's life. Got a nice job cooking meth with no suspicion? Start skimming some meth off the top and selling it locally. Don't want to kill Gale? Eh but I owe Mr. White cuz he killed ppl to save my life, kill Gale cuz of it.

It doesn't matter if he feels bad about it after. That actually makes him worse than a psychopath. At least they don't feel so you can understand they don't have a conscience. People who feel remorse and continue to do horrible things are horrible ppl.

Now I don't agree that Walt had Jesse's best interest at all times but he felt connected to him the most. Their partnership grew in to a close father-son relationship even when Walt was manipulating him. Jesse was the son Heisenberg never had. He needed a younger guy questioning him and just going with everything like Todd.

Gus was definitely manipulating Jesse and it was through Mike. To me Mike wanted to play the don't ask questions cuz I don't want to know card. He knew something was up when Gus said to bring Jesse along for all those little odd jobs, giving him a gun and Mike just took it as is and figured Jesse was gonna be Gus' new top henchman. To me Mike pitied Jesse and grew to like him from that standpoint and cuz he really grew not to like Walt felt bad for Jesse even more.

Last edited:
^
I agree with a lot of that. And even by me saying he's the compass, I never said he was a good dude, or hadn't done horrible things. He clearly has.

The difference is he's wanted to get out several times, and is always brought back. He's been pushed around and made to do this or that the last few seasons now. As for how that translates to his personal life, and how he meets women and such, yeah that's on him. But I would assume it would be pretty hard to be in that life in business, and then act like a normal 20+ year old meeting girls and such, and not act a certain way because of it. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

But I do find it interesting at least that hand2hand mentions Jesse getting Jane killed, as Walt sat there and watched her die. That's a chicken and egg argument right there. Did Jesse kill her, or did Walt kill her? I'd say they both killed her, if anything, I can't put it on one, and absolve the other, ya know? It would have been EASY for Walt to save her, but at the same time, Jesse was the one that was doing drugs with her. Had Jesse been awake, he obviously would have saved her, he just never got that chance.

I'd say Hank is the moral compass of the show but I think most people would agree with Jesse being the moral compass because he's been on both sides of the fence. Jesse is no saint but he's shown remorse, he's been regretful of his actions. He hasn't always portrayed good morals but over the course of the show, he's changed. The Jesse of seasons 1 through 4 is not the Jesse we're talking about now. You can't say the same for Walt, Gus, Lydia, Todd, or even Mike to a certain degree.

-Jesse did what he had to do in order to survive when it comes to Gale, plus he owed Walt one for straight up having his back at the end of "half measures" Gale HAD to go otherwise both main characters would have been dead. what would you have done???
We all know
he didn't want to do it as you can tell by him crying while listening to Gale plead for his life. Gale tries everything, even throwing money at him(which jesse knows he's got)but money can't buy you everything, especially when you just need to survive. Him playing video games, I felt wasn't about guit or remorse, or even erasing the memory out of his head. It was about him accepting that he's in this until he dies.....no matter what, like he's just trying to go through a normal routine he's done the same when crazy stuff has happened to him, he's done it with jane...brock's mom....his folks even his friends, and that's all jesse's been trying to do while cooking with Walt....have some normalcy in his chaotic life

-He also wouldn't have sat in the hospital and defied Gus if he didn't care about brock, he confronted Walt about it ONLY when he heard the words poison come out, but                          
yes yes didnt want to do it, but he knew he had to. im not saying that he shouldnt have done it, what im saying is if he's going to be all remorseful about something why not that?  he never snapped on walt for putting him in the position of having to kill gale, he knew it was on him too. 

he didnt accept anything, because he tried to get out.  he didnt decide after everything thats happened he's going back to captain cook right?  he could have had normalcy in his crib if he had just paid his rent and kept the drugs on the low.  but jesse cant do that because he craves destruction, if not his own then someone close to him. 

he knows its not right, he knows he shouldnt be like that, but he cant help it.  remember his comic book character, rewindo?  the guy whose power is to go backwards, in essence reverse time and space?  doesnt that sound like something would want, and in his character actually recognized this flaw in himself.  the one redeeming act he had was with his brother when he took the blame for him.   

jesse has shown he is reckless, defying gus wasnt an issue at the point because he was on gus's team.  he found out about brock and the poison at approximately the same time and went straight to walt and put a gun to his head. 

him volunteering to take mikes bag is supposed to be absolution? an example of jesses selflessness?  imo it was nothing more than necessity and a plot device, that would have been a job for kuby if walt didnt have to go kill mike.

jesse defying gus was just his guilt over combo getting killed.  remember he put combo on that corner, so he feels guilty because it was his order.  once they killed the kid it was a chain reaction. and very stupid move period, if his true goal was to really justice for kid, and not just get himself killed, so he could be some kind of martyr.

the todd situation is the perfect example.  he feels so guilty about drew sharp because he knows he gave todd that order.  he thought he was so smart in dreaming up the heist, he forgot the most basic of criminal principles.  it was jesses own fault and he knows it, thats why he punched todd instead of thanking him for following orders. 

and yes hank is mad because ultimately walt betrayed him and did all this under his nose.  put it like this, its not the fact that walt got him into a car accident, faked him out w marie, or blew up the nursing home, its the fact that walt got over on him for so long is what is burning hank now that he knows.  thats why like the first thing out his mouth was "this whole time?!?"

i agree w everything else.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, I guess I feel that Jesse was neglected as a baby, and didn't get the proper care from his mother and father, and in kindergarten, he wasn't given enough attention to help him learn, and in fact, when he was in Mr. White's class, Walt abused him even further because he wrote on his paper "F, ridiculous, apply yourself" only further hurting Jesse's self esteem......

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this what we're doin now? Conjecture about the first 50 years of Walt's life that explains why he is in the Empire business?
laugh.gif
i mean we talking character's motivations, theyre usually a little deep-seeded. and with a show like this, i think it merits discussion.  and that sounds really plausible.

^
I agree with a lot of that. And even by me saying he's the compass, I never said he was a good dude, or hadn't done horrible things. He clearly has.

The difference is he's wanted to get out several times, and is always brought back. He's been pushed around and made to do this or that the last few seasons now. As for how that translates to his personal life, and how he meets women and such, yeah that's on him. But I would assume it would be pretty hard to be in that life in business, and then act like a normal 20+ year old meeting girls and such, and not act a certain way because of it. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

But I do find it interesting at least that hand2hand mentions Jesse getting Jane killed, as Walt sat there and watched her die. That's a chicken and egg argument right there. Did Jesse kill her, or did Walt kill her? I'd say they both killed her, if anything, I can't put it on one, and absolve the other, ya know? It would have been EASY for Walt to save her, but at the same time, Jesse was the one that was doing drugs with her. Had Jesse been awake, he obviously would have saved her, he just never got that chance.
Jesse put Jane in the situation so that she could die. Walt didn't save her when he could. Jesse killed her. Walt let her die. To me that's pretty clear. Jane isn't in a position for Walt to let her die if Jesse doesn't get her back in to drugs. You really have to ask yourself even if Walt saves her that time what's stopping that situation from happening again? What if instead of Walt shaking Jesse and Jane rolling over Jesse just moves himself?

There's no absolving regardless. It's really up to the individual which act or lack of acting is worse. I will point out Jesse has a history of getting recovering addicts to backslide though. I mean right after Jane's death he's planning to sell to addicts in a rehab center.

^ hector was in scarface too. He was Sosa's henchman that Tony shot when they were going to blow up the car.

I recommend y'all rewatch the Pilot. Insane foreshadowing

-the confession in the beginning
-Walt pushing barrels in the car wash

But the craziest thing was when Walt went on a bust with Hank. He asked him if he could check out the Meth Lab. hank said yes.

With one simple word, Hank created the monster he spent years trying to destroy

wrong thread

edit:

Since I'm already in here :lol: , I think Walt kills Skylar and Jesse. Walt picks up the traits of the people he kills after looking at the buzz feed article. Maybe its a little too obvious and the writers plan to catch us off guard, but I would not rule it out.

Last edited:
In the season 4 episode "Bullet Points", Walt tells Skyler "Don't chop-chop me".

Could this be foreshadowing Walt's death at the hands of an ax wielding Skyler?

^ dude you're too good at this. You're going to spoil the ending for us all. Abandoning tread.

Back
Top Bottom