Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

My boy who had never watched this show but was with us when we were watching the most recent episode said he thought the show was trash because it had terrible acting :rolleyes I was so tight >: that he would say some dumb **** like that.

Sever all ties with that piece of garbage.

Gus was great, but my personal favorite has always been Mike.

From his introduction to the show when Saul called him to clean up Jane's death, I was a fan. I've always liked the veteran, professional criminal... he does his job very well, he speaks from experience, and knows the game. Up until the end, where he dumped his guns, cleaned his house, prepped his go-bag, I liked how he operated.

And speaking of "What would have happened if Todd didn't kill the kid", Mike had this quote when planning the heist
There are two kinds of heists: those where the guys get away with it, and those that leave witnesses.

He was, of course, speaking about the men on the train, and not a young kid, but he probably wouldn't have risked it.

End his life.

^ :lol: Man I can't even rock with Dexter anymore with how awful it's gotten. Used to be my favorite show too

Lets just take a minute to appreciate all the dope cars in this show.... Can you imagine what it'd be like if Gilligan had signed a deal with Toyota or one single manufacturer and had to use all new cars like so many other series do?

The Bounder: Pure necessity... Hard to get started..... On the verge of a breakdown

Walts Pontiac Aztek: The running joke of the car industry. A car that trys to be a little bit of everything but excels at nothing.

Skylers Jeep Wagoneer: Durable. In it for the long haul.

Jesses Monte Carlo LS : Candy paint... Hydros.... and an anemic v6. All show no Go just like Jesse in the beginning of the series

The goons Monte Carlo SS Aero-Coupe: Polar opposite of Jesses Monte ; All Black... V8... No tint... No rims... Nothing poser or flashy about this car... A real gangster car (Sidenote: Im really suprised they used a glassback Aero-Coupe considering they were extremely limited compared to a regular SS)

Jesses Toyota Tercel: 4wd... Compact... Efficient... This car really shows Jesses growth from the poser he was in the beginning of the show

Hanks Jeep Commander: Tough... but not durable like Skylers old school Jeep

Gustavo Frings Volvo 70: The perfect car to say "I play it safe"

Walt and Walt JRs Mopars (SRT 300 & SRT Chally): Polar opposite of Gus' Volvo.... Loud... In your face... Not playing safe.

Emilios Buick Regal: Again "all show no go"... This gangster got taken out by a HS chemistry teacher.

Mikes Dodge Diplomat: Mike... The "Diplomat"... Enough said.

Mikes Buick Century: Reliable... unbelievably reliable. "Century" could also be a nod to 20th century and ways of the past.

Tucos Escalade: Unnecessarily flashy, yet functional... Why not just a Tahoe? Oh thats right...because your an egotistical maniac

Saul Goodmans Cadillac DeVille: Very last of the Caddies with "Fins"; evokes love it or Hate it feelings in almost everyone, not many neutral opinions . Surprisingly fast and more efficient than it looks.

Badgers Pontiac Fiero: Lots of fun.... no power.

Sauls "guy" Toyota Previa: Ultimate Sleeper. Unbeknownst to most people, these were RWD with optional AWD and a factory supercharger..

Edit:

Walts Volvo 240: Safety (presumably in New Hampshire hence the plates)

Walts Cadillac DeVille: Return to danger in New Mexico, hence the NM plates

Last edited:
Sam Catlin directed tomorrows episode, Rabid Dog
He also directed 4 Days Out, Crawl Space, Hermanos, Fly, and Half-Measures.

Hopefully tomorrows episode lives up to those.

i found it so crazy how loose-lipped todd was. He was literally sitting at the table telling EVERYTHING all willy nilly. He wasnt even using codenames. He was saying "Mr. White and Jesse" flat out. I wonder if this leads to something we saw from the future, namely everyone knowing walter is heisenburg. And i STILL dont quite get Jesse's revelation. All i gather is he looked in the cigarette pack and spazzed out. can someone exlplain it to me?

It's been explained.. Read the last few pages.

He realized the dope was gone and that Huell stole it the same way he stole the cigarettes. Jesse initially thought that Huell picked the ricin cigs off him and it just reaffirmed his original suspicion.

Previa vs Da Hemi vs Entry Level Luxury Car :nerd:

After BB resumed I haven't watched garbage @#$ Dexter at all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom