Breaking News: Two Journalists Shot Dead on Live TV

So you're essentially just talking out of your *** at this point.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that this guy had serious problems?  It's not like this is the first job he was fired from for exhibiting similar behavior.

Well-adjusted people don't solve their workplace conflicts by murdering their co-workers.

So you're essentially just talking out of your *** at this point.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that this guy had serious problems?  It's not like this is the first job he was fired from for exhibiting similar behavior.

Well-adjusted people don't solve their workplace conflicts by murdering their co-workers.
I never said he had issues but my discussion is what got this man to this point? You know for some people.. working in corporate america is about "buck breaking" right?

Being a black news anchor you b asically have to take away all of your blackness (presentation,voice,body language etc) to "fit" in "their" mediaspace right? Some people were raised that if you just do good people will treat you good. However when some people realize that it doesnt work that way in the world and to some few poeple they will still look at you as a "subhuman" it can anger someone. 

How would you handle a situation like this if this were you and you went to other jobs and the previous job made sure you could not get in your field.. and lets not forget he did win a settlement before so maybe his story and accusations are making some sort of sense.

haven't watched the vid and don't plan to.

bad taste shown by the newspaper, but what do they care, their sole purpose is to gain attention to their product in hopes of sales. sadly, even posting it in here helped them achieve part of their goal.

gamerg gamerg i acknowledge the conversation you are trying to start but the murder's actions are so egregious that it makes that topic nearly impossible to discuss.

The loss of life here and how it happened trumps any notion of what this guy went through, whether it was true or not. On a normal basis you are not going to find too many non-minorities willing to acknowledge that there are in fact hardships that a person in that guy's position can endure, now, you are definitely going to be hard pressed to find anyone after he goes out and commits a crime like he did.

The most I can say is that the guy did go the professional route first and file a lawsuit. He didnt come out the gate and go crazy. But after the L he took going that route, he should have just charged it to the game and moved on. Instead he let the hate build inside and never got professional help. Dude went crazy. He was functional enough to seek help though and he didn't, so he is at fault.

@GamerG i acknowledge the conversation you are trying to start but the murder's actions are so egregious that it makes that topic nearly impossible to discuss.

The loss of life here and how it happened trumps any notion of what this guy went through, whether it was true or not. On a normal basis you are not going to find too many non-minorities willing to acknowledge that there are in fact hardships that a person in that guy's position can endure, now, you are definitely going to be hard pressed to find anyone after he goes out and commits a crime like he did.

The most I can say is that the guy did go the professional route first and file a lawsuit. He didnt come out the gate and go crazy. But after the L he took going that route, he should have just charged it to the game and moved on. Instead he let the hate build inside and never got professional help. Dude went crazy. He was functional enough to seek help though and he didn't, so he is at fault.
im not denying the fact that he went over the top i just wanted to talk about the understanding of how he got there and what could have been done to prevent the situation from happening with others who may have had similar thoughts. Once again I am not condoning his actions however just like Roof.. people wanted to understand the mentality and a root cause. I just want to see what could have been done to prevent the situation.

Me honestly i would have just charged it to the game and never mentioned my stint there ever again.. and moved on

Why is the cover so bad when most of us have watched video???
You have to seek out the video if you "want" to watch it... That cover is sitting on news stands with still frames of a woman being murdered.

Little kids walking by that cover this morning on the street smh.
I just saw someone on the train with a paper and there was a full page still from the video of when he fires the first shot. **** is disgusting.:{

Not sure if its the DN or NYP, but it has to be one of them.:{

Last edited:
I just saw someone on the train with a paper and there was a full page still from the video of when he fires the first shot. **** is disgusting.
mean.gif

Not sure if its the DN or NYP, but it has to be one of them.
mean.gif
Newspapers habitually cross lines when it comes to disrespecting victims, not just in the US but where I live as well.

I see why they do it but it's still wrong. There's so much other material they could use for a cover but nah they always need to pick something with a lot of shock value that imo is offensive to the relatives of the victims.

Newspapers habitually cross lines when it comes to disrespecting victims, not just in the US but where I live as well.

I see why they do it but it's still wrong. There's so much other material they could use for a cover but nah they always need to pick something with a lot of shock value that imo is offensive to the relatives of the victims.
alot of news places are big on shock news...

One thing i have NOT seen was the victims were not asked to "Forgive".. that is one thing I havent seen in this situation.

Yall be jumping on these outrage trains.. :{

Little kids walk by The Walking Dead on TV...heads and limbs getting chopped off. Theres no blood or gore in that pic. For all a kid know its just a gun pointed at a person.

Thats why you got kids on here co-signing people are dead in mug shots and asking why she didn't fall immediately. Folks scared of real life.

Bruh you can't be this dense :x

TWD is a tv show, it is not real....this is an actual person being murdered! Plastered on every newsstand on the streets of NY, this is by far some of the most tasteless things I've seen on the cover of a newspaper....for the some purpose of shock value, is absolutely disgusting bro

Bruh you can't be this dense
sick.gif

TWD is a tv show, it is not real....this is an actual person being murdered! Plastered on every newsstand on the streets of NY, this is by far some of the most tasteless things I've seen on the cover of a newspaper....for the some purpose of shock value, is absolutely disgusting bro
its just like when they had the picture of the cop chocking Eric garner as a front page photo as well.

Maybe these lines you speak of dont really exsist.

Maybe you guys aren't journalists and dont really know where the lines are...

Isnt it the same paper everytime? You don't think you've been conditioned to be upset about their front pages.

"Any publicity is good publicity"

Last edited:
Maybe these lines you speak of dont really exsist.

Maybe you guys aren't journalists and dont really know where the lines are...

Isnt it the same paper everytime? You don't think you've been conditioned to be upset about their front pages.

"Any publicity is good publicity"
I think this is bigger than some journalistic code. Plastering things like this on the cover of a widely distributed paper is just tasteless and disrespectful regardless of how you look at it.

Last edited:

That tweet is in no way funny

It is bigotry wrapped in more ignorance, with a side dish of nonsense

He didn't think this tweet through at all. The sad thing is, he probably really thought he was saying something, along with people backing him.

View media item 1689069new york daily news cover

That's terrible, but I'm never surprised at the ways people try to grab headlines.

Yikes at that Rolling Stone cover. They tried to soften the hell out his image, and blame everyone but him for those bombings.

Last edited:
There is no way you can relate this "fake outrage" to us being
Bruh you can't be this dense :x

Also you can always argue that TV and internet is in theory supposed to be monitored by a parent. A newspaper in essence is out their for the public eye.

So I assume, after you got over your sickness, you reported these posters?

Especially, the second one....All you had to do is click on the thread..

Nope.
I'm not sure what you're getting at... I didn't "report" anyone for anything.

I said the DN cover is tasteless for putting screenshots of a murderers documentation of himself taking a life on the FRONT PAGE of a popular paper.

No sense arguing this further.

This "fake outrage" thing went from a simple joke, to excuse a couple NTers love to use when they being closed minded.

[@=/u/141018/GamerG]@GamerG[/@] i acknowledge the conversation you are trying to start but the murder's actions are so egregious that it makes that topic nearly impossible to discuss.

im not denying the fact that he went over the top i just wanted to talk about the understanding of how he got there and what could have been done to prevent the situation from happening with others who may have had similar thoughts. Once again I am not condoning his actions however just like Roof.. people wanted to understand the mentality and a root cause. I just want to see what could have been done to prevent the situation.

Me honestly i would have just charged it to the game and never mentioned my stint there ever again.. and moved on

I agree with you on the finding understanding point. I find myself wanting to make sense of things like this when they happen as well. I think It just becomes naturally more relevant for us to focus on the victims and the crime itself because we are able to easily sympathize and put ourselves in their shoes in some sort of way, and TV and movies influence us to look at the aspects of a crime but never the really the dynamics of the person committing the crime.

Its easy for us to say, well this could have been prevented if the dude sought help. But why didnt he seek help or did he and that hasnt been uncovered? Outside of him personally seeking help, did he have family and friends that knew he was unstable, did they make any effort? Is anything else you can think of that is outside of the scope of managing mental illness, that you think can be relevant?

The issue of guns will be brought up, but i operate under the notion that even if gun laws were stricter, if someone is mentally ill and has a grievance, they will find some type of way to harm someone.

I just pray to God that i am never in a situation where im at a place and some crazy person starts shooting.

Back
Top Bottom