BREAKING: Socal Fire - 600 homes lost in Sylmar! Update: 57fwy is closed

I'm texting back and forth with this girl i'm dating, shes headed out to 6flags and said they had to take a detour..

I just walked out the house to get the iPod from the car... it's so damn dark, dry, stuffy and I've got soot allover the whip...

yo what freeways are congested right now? I'm on my way to La Habra in a couple of hours.. (coming from SD)

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I'm texting back and forth with this girl i'm dating, shes headed out to 6flags and said they had to take a detour..

I just walked out the house to get the iPod from the car... it's so damn dark, dry, stuffy and I've got soot allover the whip...
Thank god!

Originally Posted by RawSheed

yo what freeways are congested right now? I'm on my way to La Habra in a couple of hours.. (coming from SD)

dude if its not important i suggest to just postpone that trip. i dunno what freeways you are gonna take but parts of the 5, 91 and 57 are shut down.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by RawSheed

dude if its not important i suggest to just postpone that trip. i dunno what freeways you are gonna take but parts of the 5, 91 and 57 are shut down.
Word I'm debating but it is for important business...when you say shut down you mean I can't even get on those freeways? cuz the guy saidto take the 57 N then 91 W then exit off Beach Blvd...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Thank god!

its closed for the day, I just went onto their site

[h2]Park Hours
November 15[/h2]
Closed today due to area freeway closures.

CALENDAR AND DIRECTIONS

http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/info/parkInfo.aspx

Does anybody know if the 57s to the 91w is closed? I need to head to downtown Fullerton (exit Magnolia to be exact) and I can't seem to find any exactroutes of freeway closures...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Does anybody know if the 57s to the 91w is closed? I need to head to downtown Fullerton (exit Magnolia to be exact) and I can't seem to find any exact routes of freeway closures...

completely closed dude, just announced it on channel 4

call the CHP for up all the closures

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

Im here at work and go outside and see that the ash from the fire has made it's way to Compton. The sky has an orange hue to it too.

i'm tellin you dude, im here in north LB and I walked out the crib maybe an hour ago to grab my iPod out the whip and its dark as %#%%, heavy %#+ air withmy car being covered with ash.

Traffic has come to a halt on the eastbound 241, dudes are leaving their cars and trying to get out of the way in the Santa Ana Canyon
smh.gif
smh.gif
Damn...

For anyone out there, did the families who lost their homes last year get new ones built or anything like that?

I'm looking out my window and to the north, the sky is brown, and to the south its clear blue. Crazy.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

For anyone out there, did the families who lost their homes last year get new ones built or anything like that?
It all depends on whether or not the insurance companies protected them or if they had any at all. I don't live out there but I'm certainthat people flat out moved away from there in hopes that something like that would never happen again to them.

I just got a call from one of my girl-friends who lives in Yorba Linda and just got done evacuating all of the things in her house.....she says that there isno way her house will be standing by tomorrow
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by RKO2004

It all depends on whether or not the insurance companies protected them or if they had any at all. I don't live out there but I'm certain that people flat out moved away from there in hopes that something like that would never happen again to them.
Dang. California seems so unsafe now. Earth quakes, near a big body of water, wild fires, the Clippers and the raiders.

Originally Posted by APLX2

My prayers go out to all those affected.

man i know what this is like i had to evacuate from Fontana in 2003 sucked but our house ended up being ok.... Hope everyone is safe!!

the 5, 210 and the 405 at the 118 have just been RE OPENED

the 60 at the 57 has bee nclosed due to people driving the wrong way...

Originally Posted by bballah3

I just got a call from one of my girl-friends who lives in Yorba Linda and just got done evacuating all of the things in her house.....she says that there is no way her house will be standing by tomorrow
frown.gif
damn. what part of yorba linda is that? im still here, home alone because my dad and sister helped my grandparents evacuate. they are at eastlake. im about 2 miles away from imperial highway and the 91 freeway.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
frown.gif

here in irvine, i can see a clear cut divide between the blue sky and the pitch black smoke. it's pretty intense. my girlfriend told me the sky is brownand ashey in anaheim. this is the one time of the year that i really really really hate socal. so many families lose their houses every year it seems due tothese fires
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

here in irvine, i can see a clear cut divide between the blue sky and the pitch black smoke. it's pretty intense. my girlfriend told me the sky is brown and ashey in anaheim. this is the one time of the year that i really really really hate socal. so many families lose their houses every year it seems due to these fires
tired.gif
thats sound pic worthy but thats crazy though i couldnt imagine being homeless
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom