BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

Starters looked good last night... So did C.J. & Blatche. The rest of the bench not so much :lol:

It'll take some time for Teletovic to get used to the NBA, especially with his style of game (shooter & can be streaky). I think once he gets used to the league he'll be a good weapon off the bench.

Jerseys looked clean on the court yesterday, too :nthat:

That bench needs to step up. Looking forward to see their pre-season home game tonight.

Deron Williams has soft spot for Brooklyn chant he heard at Atlantic City exhibition game
The star point guard doesn't care as much about the nickname Nets, he prefers 'Brooklyn,' repeated slowly and deliberately, exactly like the chorus in Fabolous’ “Brooklyn” rap song.
By Stefan Bondy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, October 15, 2012, 1:13 AM

Deron Williams has a request for fans heading to the Barclays Center: Chant “Brooklyn.”

He didn’t mention “Go Nets,” or anything involving his team’s nickname. The star point guard prefers “Brooklyn,” repeated slowly and deliberately, exactly like the chorus in Fabolous’ “Brooklyn” rap song.

Williams heard it from a small pocket of fans during Saturday’s exhibition in Atlantic City — 130 miles from the Barclays Center — and it left him fantasizing about a larger group joining the chorus, starting in Monday night’s preseason home debut at the $1 billion arena against the Wizards.

“I like that ‘Brooklyn’ chant,” Williams said unprompted. “Hopefully that’s a motto this year. That was only 2,000 fans (in Atlantic City). Imagine 18,000.”

So here it is, Brooklyn, finally.

Most everything involving this franchise for the last eight years, from the moment Bruce Ratner bought a contender and dismantled it for the sake of a gigantic real estate project, has been about playing basketball in New York’s most populated borough.

In the debut episode of the team’s reality show, “The Association,” produced by the NBA and airing Oct. 16, Brooklyn natives Fabolous, actors Rosie Perez and Michael K. Williams and borough president Marty Markowitz make appearances before any member of the Nets organization.

“When we bring it in as a team and huddle — in the past we’ve said ‘defense’ and maybe sometimes we’ll say ‘Nets,’ but more often it’s ‘Brooklyn,’” Avery Johnson said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/bets-deron-cheers-brooklyn-chant-article-1.1183599

im trying to go the the first game against the knicks (im a knicks fan btw) and those prices are just ridiculously high as of now. who knows, maybe it'll go down as the game gets closer but as of now im not going. i'd rather go and watch my knicks which i got 10 games to go to this season. COME ON JAY-Z LOWER THOSE DAMN TICKET PRICES!!! WHAT U PUT AN ARENA IN THE HOOD FOR IF A MAJORITY COULDNT EVEN AFFORD THE NOSEBLEEDS!!

Last edited:
Prospect Heights hasnt been the hood for at least 10 years.
Plus, Prokorov had zero intention of ever making this a cheap ticket, he wants to compete directly with Dolan for premium NYC status

Don't know about them using the theatre lighting (ala Lakers/Knicks) at home. It looks cool I guess.

Im here Roc. Welcome Back :smokin: smokin :smokin :smokin

The court is stunning in the lighting. I could understand some not liking it DiPLOmAt. In the first three minutes of watching, I have felt $%$^^$ on for my 13 years of having Nets Season Tickets in Jersey. Fully understand why they left and that they made the right move. People chanting defense. People actually being there for the Nets. lol. Think it will be better.

when are the nets giving tickets for the open practice?...asking for a friend so don't think i'm switching alliances or something 0]

ey like next tuesday or weds the nets are playing the knicks at nassau coliseum of all places. tix are super cheap too

Last edited:
Im here Roc. Welcome Back :smokin: smokin :smokin :smokin
The court is stunning in the lighting. I could understand some not liking it DiPLOmAt. In the first three minutes of watching, I have felt $%$^^$ on for my 13 years of having Nets Season Tickets in Jersey. Fully understand why they left and that they made the right move. People chanting defense. People actually being there for the Nets. lol. Think it will be better.

I like it now, just was a shock the first few minutes. The arena looks great inside when the camera's pan out. Looking forward to opening night on TNT and see how loud they get.

I been saying it to my Pops and to some friends, I wish the Nets could ask the league to wear their Blacks at home and their whites on the road. I think the blackout effect would be cool.

Welcome back Roc!

Seeing that court on tv for the first time was breathtaking, makes you realize how far we have gone. Nice to see Avery play the majority of the starters till the end, but probably won't see them as much as tomorrow. Can't wait to go to my first game.

when are the nets giving tickets for the open practice?...asking for a friend so don't think i'm switching alliances or something 0]
I believe they gave first dibs to All-Access ticket holders.

I been saying it to my Pops and to some friends, I wish the Nets could ask the league to wear their Blacks at home and their whites on the road. I think the blackout effect would be cool.
Was wondering about this as well, would love if they did this. If anything, I guess they can always do it on special occasions.

Great seeing the court on TV for the first time :smokin Its great hearing an energetic home crowd behind this team... For once :lol:

I like that Avery is playing everyone with some good minutes. With a team this new, we need all the chemistry we can get going into the season.

Blatche & JJ looked great tonight :smokin

Got my name back. :pimp: Looking forward to the season.

VC3, JB23, krazy, iceman. Hi guys. :nerd:

:nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Lol look at Roc with the comeback. :pimp:

Dammit that court looks nice. Pretty good game still some stuff to work on.

Oh and The Association premieres tomorrow featuring the Nets and the Celtics game.

Deron just destroyed A.J. Price in post game interviews. Said he kept on saying he was “home” and Deron just finally turned to him and said it is my home now. Said he was just trying to impress the three or four of his boys in attendance for the few NBA minutes he will have this year.

Deron is on early this year. hahaha

Enter for your chance to win!

Jimmy Kimmel Live! is coming to Brooklyn the week of October 29th! Sign up for your chance to win four tickets to be there for a taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live! from BAM! Click here to enter

Brooklyn Nets take the court for the first time during the preseason prior to a game against the Washington Wizards at the Barclays Center on October 15, 2012 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.

nba exhibition pics photos pictures

Jersey's look real good, very clean.

Anyone have the video of Deron Williams and AJ Price going at it at the end?

Deron just destroyed A.J. Price in post game interviews. Said he kept on saying he was “home” and Deron just finally turned to him and said it is my home now. Said he was just trying to impress the three or four of his boys in attendance for the few NBA minutes he will have this year.

Deron is on early this year. hahaha

:wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jersey's look real good, very clean.

Anyone have the video of Deron Williams and AJ Price going at it at the end?

The jerseys and floor look really nice, but I cant help but feel like I've seen that somewhere before. HMMMMM

Back
Top Bottom